Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Best way to build your self confidence?
Do you feel confident about yourself? [162 vote(s)]

most times
17.3%
all the time
4.9%
never
21.0%
I'm only human here! It depends on the weather
56.8%

Regular Crew

Date:
RE: Best way to build your self confidence?

do something to spice-up your looks/life (wheather it be new clothes or a new haircut or that new pair of shoes that have been calling your name...ect) and flaunt it like you mean it!!!!!!!!!!!

(im not saying go out and buy stuff to make yourself feel better. remember the saying "money can't buy happiness". spicing up my looks once in awhile is my way of getting a little confidence because sometimes i have to work to show it. im scared of people [silly, i know] and having to answer them when they complement takes guts and confidence for me....)

Honoured Mook

Date:

i dont know if i'm the only one that does it.
but when i'm low on self esteem, i make myself up and have a good dance around in my room to a good song in my favourite outfit, and think about how amazing i look in my mirror (truth be told i probably look like an idiot, but it makes me feel better =] )

-- Edited by starshine at 00:04, 2008-05-23

lock the cellar door, and baby... talk dirty to me.

Honoured Mook

Date:

yeah I like to look my best too it helps to boost your personal image

Dame of Mooky (mod)

Date:

i like my toffty Bum!

I'm not explaining what toffty is...

oh ok, it short for 'get of de'...bum.

yeah.

(Member of The Facebook Sexist Group Eliminating Squad)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Fake it and it'll happen. Pretend your confident and you will become it.

Make yourself do whatever it is that scares you and once its over with you'll either think "well that wasn't so bad" or "shit that was awful but I'm a better person for it"

Spoil yourself every now and then and tell yourself how much you deserve it.

Do what you want, not what you think other people would want you to.

^
Up there is what I do and it's helped me a lot. I used to walk everywhere with my head down now I am all confident. What people don't seem to understand is that confidence and loudness don't mean the same thing.

This thread is long abandoned but I hope someone reads this XD

Honoured Mook

Date:

I'm still here and reading it :D

Someone told me to dance infront of a mirror naked.
As perverted as it sounds, you do feel more self-confident with yourself after you've stopped shying away from your naked self.

Also simple things like walking down the street with confidence will build your inner-confidence.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I really have the desire to go out and buy a rabbit suit now...

and before my flute lesson on wednesday, when I see this guy... just go and sit right across his lap. Hahaha...

Here is my blog.

Regular Crew

Date:

Yay! I've inspired a someone!
Why not sit in his lap? You could just say it was a dare if he doesn't like it :) And then you've done something that boosts you whether it turns out well or not

Stephen Fry in a camp German accent: Mein handy, mein handy! Vere ist mein handy?!

We're all mad dear, in our own special way...

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I need more self confidenss. Im sick of people thinking that I have good self confidenss I DONT i feel really fat ugly and unatractive

The universe is like one be old book. Full of chapters. Humans are but a "page"

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Well thats kind of agood thing, if you act confident, and people think you are, you will eventually become confident. For me its little things. I'll redo my roots, paint my nails, put my make-up on and wear a pair of heels. Nobody's 100 percent confident, but you can find your thing that helps.

Regular Crew

Date:

Why do you feel fat/ugly/unattractive Page? What do you think is wrong with you and why? Everybody has days or longer periods of time where they don't have as much self confidence as they should but don't ever forget: beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Why feel ugly? What is ugly? On the same note, what is fat? I mean, I'm a size 14, I'm not fat! True, I look nothing like a size zero model, but why would you ever want to? They look unhealthy; women are genetically designed to have big hips and be a bit curvy, it helps with the whole child bearing thing.
And nobody is unattractive. There's plenty of 'somebody's for everyone (whether you believe in soul mates or whatever, you're still more than likely to find more than one person in your lief that you love, that much can come down to statistics. Statistically some of them at least will love you too). Sometimes you feel bad about yourself, but even on those days, like goth_girl says, get up, act confident. Other people will believe it even if you don't and on day you'll realize you don't have to act anymore.

-end mini rant- :)

-- Edited by Babbit at 19:20, 2008-12-09

Stephen Fry in a camp German accent: Mein handy, mein handy! Vere ist mein handy?!

We're all mad dear, in our own special way...

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I was really shy, I hid in corners and didn't like anyone looking at me or anything, but then I felt brave and got a mohican....not looked back since, it's a bit drastic I know....but it really boosts you...if you can ignore the comments, you grow used to it.

"Everyone is a friend, until they prove otherwise."

"You can be insane and still be a good person." - EA

Honoured Mook

Date:

If u wanna feel confident i think you should just be proud of who u are and walk with confidence.Do things that ur good at which will boost your self esteem and image, like a favorite hobby or something u enjoy.And dress in ways that you think are beautiful to u and start to believe in yoursel and ur abilities and pray and you'll see you'll start to fell confidant

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Babbit wrote:

Why do you feel fat/ugly/unattractive Page? What do you think is wrong with you and why? Everybody has days or longer periods of time where they don't have as much self confidence as they should but don't ever forget: beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Why feel ugly? What is ugly? On the same note, what is fat? I mean, I'm a size 14, I'm not fat! True, I look nothing like a size zero model, but why would you ever want to? They look unhealthy; women are genetically designed to have big hips and be a bit curvy, it helps with the whole child bearing thing.
And nobody is unattractive. There's plenty of 'somebody's for everyone (whether you believe in soul mates or whatever, you're still more than likely to find more than one person in your lief that you love, that much can come down to statistics. Statistically some of them at least will love you too). Sometimes you feel bad about yourself, but even on those days, like goth_girl says, get up, act confident. Other people will believe it even if you don't and on day you'll realize you don't have to act anymore.

-end mini rant- :)

-- Edited by Babbit at 19:20, 2008-12-09

I really dont know why I feel the way I do i just do

The universe is like one be old book. Full of chapters. Humans are but a "page"

MookyDuchess

Date:

You need to talk to someone about it.

See my pictures at this site.

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Regular Crew

Date:

Make sure you have no one in your life who is using you to make themselves feel better. Don't let any one put you down.

When you look at it in the big picture, as clichéd as it is, we are all human. We all get a chance at life and no one has the right to make you feel bad about yourself.

The girls who laughed at you in high school, laugh back at them.
The people who shout abuse at you on the street, hold your head up high they're idiots who don't know any better.
People who doubt you, do not let their words hurt you. You're probably a lot more capable than you give your self credit for.

Never be afraid to be who you. You're as good as anyone else.

That's what works for me anyway.

International Mook of Mystery (mod)

Date:

Good posture. It's good for your health, you can breathe better and feel more calm, and it sends out this vibe of "I know who I am, and I like it".

When I have particularly "blah" days, I like dressing up in clothes that I don't wear often, or trying new combinations of things in my wardrobe. It's an absolutely sure-fire way of making myself feel better :)

Honoured Mook

Date:

I used to be horrifically shy, but I decided enough was enough and started throwing myself into new and scary situations. It made all of the difference in the world. Whenever an opportunity comes up where you will meet new people or try new things, just go for it. Plays, bands, things like that. Join a club that interests you. Just go out there and do stuff!

Screw the box of chocolates; life is like a chili pepper. How much pleasure you derive depends on how much pain you can stand.

Baby Mook

Date:

Jack Von Scholtzy wrote:

I used to be horrifically shy, but I decided enough was enough and started throwing myself into new and scary situations. It made all of the difference in the world. Whenever an opportunity comes up where you will meet new people or try new things, just go for it. Plays, bands, things like that. Join a club that interests you. Just go out there and do stuff!

That definitely worked for me! I knew I wasn't great at talking to people when I was younger, so I took myself off on a residential volunteering week on my own when I was 17. Met loads of great people and really boosted my confidence, and I've tried to keep pushing myself ever since. I think it's really important to take yourself out of your comfort zone (but stay safe...!) on a regular basis and see how well you cope - you'll surprise yourself. It does wonders for your self-confidence.

Regular Crew

Date:

Stockings and suspenders under regular clothing. Like for interviews I always wear my best, sexiest undies under rather conservative clothes, because no matter how bad I look in cardigans, I know I look freaking fabulous underneath. Plus it's something to look forward to getting down to when I go home and see the boy ;)

I also recently discovered that it's very difficult to not have a smile on your face when wearing pasties or nipple tassels under clothes. "hee hee, my nips are all dressed up!"

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I'm forcing myself to write a different good thing about myself everyday in a small note book so everytime I feel bad I will look in that book. Hopefully that should help me.

The Harlequin Horrors are here!

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

That's a really good idea ^.
Forces you to put a positive spin on youself.

I realised I was becomming less than who I wanted to be. I still am, but small changes make big differences. Basically everything that's already been mentioned.
However, I make lists of things. All the time. For everything.

The one that helps boost confidence is "Things to achieve by the end of *whatever month it is*"
It's all basic things like drinking more water, smiling more, reading a book, etc, etc. Then you can tick it off the list, and you get an enourmous sense of "woohoo, go me".

Score.

I have a blog:
Blog

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

i have 0 self esteem after many years of trying to build it up there is always a big mirror there to show me how things really are and now im going to accept im just not that great after all

'keep the beast in my nature under seaseless attack'

Regular Crew

Date:

well im shy and many people love to coment on how horrid i look so self of steem sucks i guess

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Getting my heart broken worked for me, but a doubt it will work for all *means to be Mr.Obvious after comma*

The Harlequin Horrors are here!

Honoured Mook

Date:

I read somewhere that pampering yourself regularly is a good way to start accepting your body, if you're somebody who feels low about that.
Basically, people who don't like their bodies don't touch them, but if you do something like put on moisturiser all over, every day and take some time to rub it in, you get used to touching your body, even the bits you don't like and it helps you accept and grow to like what you have.

A friend of mine works with young people with depression of various forms and sets them a lot of games to help boost their self-esteem, and they work a treat! He does things like make them list 5 things they like about themselves (which also works well if you discuss your possible 5 with a friend, who will then say nice things about you), and take turns complimenting each other, or say one thing they're awesome at (which has to be a positive thing).

"I myself have never been able to find out precisely what feminism is: I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat." Rebecca West

Come and stalk me on my blog, or on Twitter

Baby Mook

Date:

-  Seize every opportunity to do something new and you might surprise yourself! 
-  Don't care what others think

Honoured Mook

Date:

you want confidence? imagine everyone with moose ears, or in a mankini biggrin

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I used to be very shy and lacked self-confidence, but after going goth I've become more confident. I think it's because I'm not suffering all that pressure to conform.

My advice is to not care about what anyone else thinks.

Life Support     So many pins I always prick my finger

The Alien in the North!

Regular Crew

Date:

Painting my nails always makes me feel better :)

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us