Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: The mini-problem solving thread!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
The mini-problem solving thread!

This can just be a thread for those of us who have eensy problems that don't need a thread of their own! The idea? Help the person above you with their problem and then post yours :)

My problem: for the meetup tomorrow, I told my granny (who I'm staying with while my dads away) that I'm going to York with Lace. She is going to walk into the station with me to make sure I meet up with Lace and everything. Eep!

Facebook: Personal | Public

ModelMayhem

Tumblr

Lush Guru

Date:

You could say that Lace (good name, I have a friend called Lace) is getting on at the next station down the line so you're going to meet on the train.
OR push her down and run away, grannies don't run fast.

Honoured Mook

Date:

Get to the station and distract your Granny somehow, and get a stranger to pretend to be lace?
Or you could go down the route of "Oh Grandmother, I have just received a text. She will be here in five minutes, you can run along home."
And depending on how the station works, sometimes you have to put your ticket in a machine that opens a barrier before you can get on the platform; that way you can just say you see her on the platform and your Granny wouldn't be able to follow you through.

Fuzzy little man peach.

Tumblr

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

ooor...you could not compound a lie with further lies and just be straight with your granny?

Maybe a little lie of you were originally going to meet friends with Lace but now she can't come.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

How did you finally sort things out with your granny Im?

I have a silly technical problem: when i upload a pic to Tumblr I can't rotate it, even if I do so in my folder, on Tumblr it appears on its side. Is there a ''rotate'' button somewhere or can I just upload pics that are originally in the right position? Thanx :)

Pony Frenzy

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^I don't think there is. Sorry I'm not much help. Maybe try restarting your computer if it's not letting you rotate pictures? Or edit them on Lunapic and resave them.

Well, my grandad dropped me off, and didn't even come in. I just texted later to say I was okay and on the train! Yay!

Facebook: Personal | Public

ModelMayhem

Tumblr

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Didn't feel thread-worthy, but should anyone wish to weigh anchor on this, I'd be very much obliged.

Last year, I broke up with this guy, he said that I'd cheated on him, big palaver, lost all 6 friends I'd acquired in my lifetime. This year, I got into a relationship with another guy (Bear), one's of Ex's "friends".

Ex promptly FB defriended him, uninvited him to parties etc.

However, Bear kinda didn't notice, thinks they are cool. They are going to bluntly kick him out of the group. This will really hurt him, thinking they have been friends for years.  I know they never really liked him, and bitch about him behind his back, used to not invite him to stuff before I broke up with Ex.

Should I tell him they don't like/want him now, to soften the blow of them not liking him, or let them tell him?

PS: It upsets me he is still "friends" with them after they hurt me so much - am I being unreasonable?

-- Edited by AirportMonkey on Tuesday 10th of August 2010 10:18:14 PM

A tumblr...

Resident Lord of the Cranberries

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

I don't really have any sound advice on this. I think If I were in the situation though, I would maybe try hinting at him that his friends, well, aren't so friendly with him. Maybe try to put the idea into his head sort of this? I don't mean that in a manipulative way, I just mean so that you don't have to be horribely blunt with him.

Having said that, maybe you coming straight out and telling him might be the best thing, at least then he's shared the humiliation if his ' friends ' flat out ditch him.

I don't really know if that helps in the slighest, but I hope it works out for you whatever you decide to do.
x

Mookface (mod)

Date:

GUYS what happens if you get cum on a pillow? Like man cum, a fair amount, and it soaks through to the actual pillow? Will it dry out or will it fester inside the pillow and grow into a mouldy cum civilisation? I've taken the pillowcase off to air but this is such an awkward dilemma when your boyfriend's parents still tidy his room and change his bed linen!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Try and get it out with a damp sponge? I don't know...

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Turn the pillow over to the clean side.

Problem solved.

too weak to labor on the farm

too indolent to do any exercise

too stupid for the bar

and

too immoral for the pulpit

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I always keep the curtains shut due to Window Pervert, and once I opened my curtains to find stripes and splatter marks, including several of my bum prints in man gravy all over my bedsheets. (tmi, ino rite lolololol xxx)

I need to change my bedclothes more often.

too stupid for the bar

and

Booky Mooky (mod)

Date:

^^^I am so confused.

-Proud (and fertile!) Mooky Grandfather-

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

I am trying to figure out the logistics of this...

Stalk me on my blog, I guess? xxx

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

What's so confusing ladies? Do I move to fast for you, do I, do i? too fast, I'll strike like a COBRA.

too stupid for the bar

and

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Mookface (mod)

Date:

candiclaus wrote:

How old is your boyfriend?!!

He's 23 and SUCH a mummy's boy, he's always had his washing done for him, meals cooked, bed made, room tidied, clothes and shoes bought... He doesn't know how to turn on the oven or use the washing machine. Contrast this to me, the last time one of my parents was in my room was when we moved into the house and my dad moved the furniture in, three years ago, and the last time I had my washing done was even before that.

When I asked him what he did for clothes when he lived away from home before he dropped out of his degree course, he replied "Took them home every week to be washed". WHATTTTT!

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

HOW CAN YOU COPE!?! You need to rod him into shape.

Also, Charlie, how can YOU open YOUR curtains to find YOUR bumprints on YOUR bedsheets. And what does Window Pervert have to do with all of this?

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I keep my curtains shut because there is a creepy man over my road who watches me, and I don't like him staring. So I open my curtains, the light comes in, and there is about three months of sex stains on my bed. So I closed my curtains, a bit weirded out.

too stupid for the bar

and

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

Oh so it is UV reactive spunk that only shows up in the sunlight?

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

No idea. Just it was really dark in my room because it is always dark in my room, because I always have my curtains shut. Oh shut up.

too stupid for the bar

and

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

You see that's where glow in the dark Spermz would be useful.

Lush Guru

Date:

When I went back to get all my stuff I collected my bedclothes and only then noticed alllll the cumstains on them. That was just one night though, you're a filthy girl Charlie.

I don't have a problem.
And cum won't go mouldy, it'll get crispy (RANK) and sponge off. Make his mum do it! She obvs loves cleaning up his mess....

Mookface (mod)

Date:

Alka that made me giggle in the middle of the pub.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I have had the misfortune of discovering that infact, cum CAN and DOES go mouldy sometimes. The condom I found under his bed looked like it was filled with curry. EUUUURRRRRGHHH.

Liv

My Tumblr :)

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Oh my God, there was like, cum on my walls around my bed, and I tried to wipe it off with a wet sponge, but it stayed and the paint melted and I couldn't get it off, and it went brown and icky until I scratched in off with a penny.

I can't buy scratchcards without retching.

A tumblr...

Resident Lord of the Cranberries

Honoured Mook

Date:

Does advice for selling online photo prints count as small?

I just want to know how payments are made, if I have to ship anything or if it's sent via computer to the consumer to print off and the names of any good, reputable sites that allow you to sell them except DeviantART.

If this is too big, please tell me & I'll create a thread on it.

I saw him too. He had a guitar. He winked at me before he jumped out a fourth floor window like he had wings. 

He winked at you?  [tsk] Musicians. 

Suddenly I heard a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. 
What are you talking about? 
You heard me rapping, right? 

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

^
I'm sorry I don't know anything about that, I hope someone esle can help though.

I was just wondering with it being results day tomorrow, does anyone have any feel-good, funny films that I could watch? Chances are Soleil and I are going to need some cheering up.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ Amelie never ever fails to put me in a good mood, I think I watched it the night before my A level results came out to try and cheer me up. Of course that was before I accidentally set my own hair on fire...that was a stressful night indeed.

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

If you don't mind me asking, how on earth did you manage to set your hair on fire?

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Haha! Well, I was super stressed because I was so scared about my results, so thought the best way of relaxing would be to take a nice hot bath, with essential oils and candles, the full works. I'd washed my hair that morning so I put it up out of the way, got merrily into the bath, leaned my head back, wondered what that strange singeing smell was...and realised it was my own hair catching fire from the candle I thought I'd put a safe distance away at the back of the bath surround.

It really wasn't the most relaxing way I could've spent the evening :( Amelie, however, did help!

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us