Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Lucid Dreaming.

Lush Guru

Date:
Lucid Dreaming.

Can anyone here lucid dream? (That is, to be able to control what happens in your dream even though you are asleep).

I've never managed it, though I think I came close once or twice.

I like the dreams where reality is part of the dream, like my phone was ringing when I was at a friends' house and in my dream I was trying to answer it and it wouldn't work which is because it was ringing in real life lol. It was fun. That was also the first time I did that sheets-wrapped-round-mostly-naked-girl thing, just a point of trivia lol.

Honoured Mook

Date:

I remember I saw a talk by one of the UK's experts on lucid dreaming and he said he had studied it and measured it and documented it in patients and then finally he had his own lucid dream and he dreamed of a beauiful woman and he wasted (?) his dream on a sexual fantasy with her. Incidentally, he said he met this very woman a couple of days later but was too shy to talk to her.

I had one lucid dream and I got sidetracked, too, into making it into a sexual fantasy and we did this and that and then we did the other...

On the subject of astral projection (which is quite closely linked because it also deals with the spirit waking up within the sleeping body) there is a good book by Carrington and Muldoon, published in the 30s or 40s, which first documented the thing. One of the tricks they suggest, is to drink a salty drink before you go to bed and then deliberately put a glass of water on the other sde of the room. And when you sleep, your spirit body feels thirsty and tries to reach the water.

Honoured Mook

Date:

The way I did it was like this. It was a Sunday morning and I didn't have anything to do. I made a strong cup of coffee and went back to bed. I built up my pillows so I was almost half-sitting. I had a little spliff (optional) just to get into a dreamy space and closed my eyes. The idea was that the coffee and the pillows would sort of keep me half-awake. And it worked. I hovered between awake and dreaming and eventually went into this dream where I could control it consciously.

Honoured Mook

Date:

after quite a heavy night of drinking and salvia, i woke up early (feeling ok) then i realised i hadn't woken up, so i tryed to wake up.
Again i *sat up* before realising i was till asleep.
this went on for about an hour i think, just dreaming that i was waking up.
I thought, i seriously have to actually wake up now or i'll be asleep all day.
It took lots of effort to pull myself out the dream and when i did wake up it took a while to work out if i was awake or not.

it was quite amusing.

Honoured Mook

Date:

That's good. It's not quite a controlled dream but that state of being on the threshold between the worlds is magickal, isn't it?

MookyDuchess

Date:

I once had a dream so weird, I dreamt I woke up to tell people about this weird dream I'd just had. Now all I can remember is the waking up to tell people about a weird dream I had that was so weird I had to wake up to tell people about the weird dream I'd just had and not the actual weird dream.
But it proves I can recognise I'm in a dream sometimes.

See my pictures at this site.

International Mook of Mystery (mod)

Date:

I actually lucid dream quite often, but the only time I've ever realized I'm doing it is when my dreams are those weird waking ones. I don't really know if it has anything to do with my subconscious taking over the dream, or the fact that my mind is waking up with me, and therefore active enough to mentally change the images I was seeing before becoming fully awakened.

"I like it when a flower or a little tuft of grass grows through a crack in the concrete. It's so effin' heroic."--George Carlin

Honoured Mook

Date:

I lucid dream in the sense that when i'm really afraid or high on adrenaline in my dream which is 90% of the dreams I have, I can make an opening or escape route appear. I always climb out of the window at the head of my bed in my dreams. I don't why I always do but I know it has sever symoblic importance, I just haven't figure out what it means yet.

Regular Crew

Date:

I used to lucid dream but now I lack the energy it takes. It was really fun, though... I miss the feeling of freedom and unlimited control.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I do lucid dream, but i tend to only realise when i'm in the middle of having sex.

wierd.

I'd choose freedom over safety because I'd rather die standing than live on my knees.

MookyDuchess

Date:

Are you dreaming whilst having sex, or dreaming of having sex?

See my pictures at this site.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I've lucid dreamt (?) 3 times, twice when I was ill, and most recently when i ate loads when I went out for a meal, then was really really full and hot in bed. So if it works for everyone, i suggest eating a truckload of dimsum and turning the heating up. its pretty horrible when you wake up, I felt so ill.
But it was a bloody good dream.

Liv

My Tumblr :)

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I am dreaming, like i am asleep, but in my dream i am having sex.

I'd choose freedom over safety because I'd rather die standing than live on my knees.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

My lucid dream was on that subject as well.
Hormonal teenager :)

Liv

My Tumblr :)

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I know :')
Its all to do with lads messing me around.
*sigh* What can you do?

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Dame of Mooky (mod)

Date:

i think i spirit travelled?

i woke up and realised i was in my friends knockoff's bedroom...where i had never been before, and naturally, i went snoopping, then his fiance came in so i hid under the bed and read a book about ireland untill she went...then i actually woke up..

when i told me friend and described the room, it was identicale and his fiance was reading up on ireland as she was going there for a week on business.

that scared me!

(Member of The Facebook Sexist Group Eliminating Squad)

Honoured Mook

Date:

That shouldn't scare you. I find that impressive.

I think you should practice more and, once you've perfected your art, you'll be worth millions!

Dame of Mooky (mod)

Date:

thats a good idea. i havent done it since...im going to try more, though how, i am not sure.

(Member of The Facebook Sexist Group Eliminating Squad)

Regular Crew

Date:

since i was little i had dreams where i could control them - id often try to be breaking out of the cycles of recurring dreams
recently its been whatever ive been thinking about before sleeping that id dream about it - i got to play with a cross between vampire brad pitt and david tenant YAY ;)

speaking of docotr who is on in half an hour yay....sorry off track...ive had some mornigns where id wake up just to drift off again and id be inbetween dreaming and being awake, these times felt different like being deep in sleep and lucid dreaming was more astral projections and this in and out was just me playing with my mind

i didnt really no what lucid dreamign was til i became involved in wicca - one of many many things that the witches craft explained the christianity could not

x.x.x

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

I had one a little while ago. Mostly because I keep on having dreams about being in High School and having to take exams. At one point I noticed that the writing on one of my test papers didn't make any sense. I thought for a moment and then realized that
a)I was in a dream
b) I could be doing much more fun things than sitting around filling in bubbles for the billionth time
c) skipping the test would not effect my grade
so I left the room and started running down the hallway. I got to a door and ran through it into another hallway, then I reached another door and ran through that one into the next hallway and so on and so on. Just when I thought I'd be stuck in that building forever, I reached the outside. It was rainy and there was a girl wandering around. I got closer and recognized her as a burlesque dancer I met on a trip to Seattle. So I followed her around for a bit but she didn't seem to notice I was there. So I head off and try to fly. I got a running start, leapt about two stories into the air and just when I was about to it the ground I woke up.

-- Edited by Persephone at 22:48, 2008-07-22

Lush Guru

Date:

moon_priestess04 wrote:
i didnt really no what lucid dreamign was til i became involved in wicca - one of many many things that the witches craft explained the christianity could not

x.x.x

I'm pretty sure Christianity has nothing to do with lucid dreaming or indeed any opinions on the subject.

Regular Crew

Date:

I did it alot when i was little i just didnt know that was what it was called:)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I'm really interested in learning how to do this, it's going to be a summer project once my exams are over, I think, 'cause it's just amazing. I only discovered it by chance last summer - I was extremely sick and falling in and out of sleep/delirium for a couple of weeks, but during that time I had complete control of my dreams. I could just put an idea into my head and yay, a dream as if I was directing my own movie. Seriously cool! There're lots of different methods and guides to having them online though, so being deathly sick isn't necessary...

Regular Crew

Date:

Lucid Dreaming, astral projection, spirit travel- MAN! that all sounds so incredibly interesting I want to try. Right now I'm focusing on meeting my animal spirit guide. Do you think it'd be possible for the to "materialize" or just be there if you spirit travel? Like they'd act as a guide so your not alone.
That'd be great! :D

Honoured Mook

Date:

I think I lucid dream quite a bit, but then again in most of my dreams somthing pretty horrific happens that I can't control.
In my lucid dreams I can control where I go (running away from somthing etc.) and sometimes what I do. I didn't know it was called lucid dreaming though, I thought it was just dreaming.

Ooh la la tumblr,

Regular Crew

Date:

I had one where I went to the toilet, I woke myself up just before I wee'd hehe

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

I think I can navigate my dreams because whenever I have a nightmare I just shout in the dream and my older brother rescues me.I have astral travelled before.I went to a playground where Chino Moreno from Deftones was swinging on a swing.I had three Out of Body experiences.I can usually control where I go in a dream if I am flying in it.

Honoured Mook

Date:

I think I can lucid dream a bit :) if I'm having a nightmare I can tell myself to wake up, and I can travel to wherever I want once I'm in my dream.

You say you want to live in the darkness?
~ Tumblr! ~

Baby Mook

Date:

yes yes yes it was fun but your even more tired when you wake up in the morning

Honoured Mook

Date:

I've only ever once controlled a dream in my life, it was half way through when I gained awareness that I was in a dream and I was like, fuck me! I'm gonna fly! So I did! I woke up in the best mood ever and couldn't wait to do it again, but it hasn't happened since.
However, I'm not sure how many other people this happens to, but I'll wake up and i'll be on the brink of an orgasm. It's so strange. It's happened loads.

-- Edited by Tabbyek on Friday 4th of March 2011 11:19:29 AM

'Snap Out Of Your Daydream, How Do You Feel?'

1 2  >  Last»  | Page of 2  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us