Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Gratitude List

Honoured Mook

Date:
Gratitude List

Hello my dear fellow Mooks :)

I know we have the Happy Box, Reasons To Be Proud Of Yourself and other threads where we can figuratively jump for joy and express our positive feelings, but I realised this morning that I don't know of a thread where we could talk about things we are grateful for. And since the world of self care, self improvement, life coaching etc. these days is all about how we should constantly remind ourselves of all the blessings in our lives so as not to lose a sense of thankfulness and humility, I thought we should have somewhere to drop our gratitude lists on here, too. Also, as a non-religious Mook, I've often struggled with the question of how, or to whom, I should give thanks during the brighter times in my life, when I don't have a higher being to pray or express my gratitude to. Perhaps some of the fellow atheist Mookyfolk will relate. 

So, today, I am grateful that: 

• my boyfriend's screening results turned out okay and the thing in his chest really is just a lump of fat that can easily be removed and there's nothing to worry about
  • Noura Hussein's death sentence has been revoked and, hopefully, this could be the first step of a journey towards changing Sudan's outrageous laws concerning rape and child marriage
  • I have pretty much everything ready and prepared for my long awaited trip and I get to visit the UK for the first time, at long last. 

What are your reasons to be thankful today? 

Regular Crew

Date:

Hello,

This is a nice idea and really makes you think about what you have rather than what you want...

Today I am grateful for:

-- Edited by Seivad9 on Friday 29th of June 2018 03:58:02 PM

I miss the comfort in being sad

Annointed Queen of Mook - Founder and Editor

Date:

I really like this idea!

My thankings today:

• After a couple of dry months I've been given a little bit of the kind of work I love - enough to tide me over till September
  • Every time I look at my dog's sweet silly face I feel a burst of love. He is ridiculous
  • Although I'm a goth at heart and love cool climates and shadows, I can't help loving this sun and wandering around the garden like Tom Bombadil (minus yellow boots)
  • I'm going to Flatlands festival this weekend - it's just 500 people in a field, reuniting with a good friend I haven't seen in five years, and I cannot wait. Let the warm beer, burnt shoulders and hayfever begin!

Hello from Mookychick's founder. www.mookychick.co.uk. @mookychick. Mookbook. Stuff. Writes things.

Honoured Mook

Date:

I'm pleased to hear about the sunny weather in the UK! :) 

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

-I had the loveliest holiday in berlin with my boyfriend and friends and since then i've just been sort of buzzing with gratitiude
-my cats and snake for being cute
-my familiy for accepting me being a big queero bc i know a lot of people arent that lucky

Florian xxx 

Dont you ever, Stop being dandy, showing me you're handsome. 

He/they pronouns pls

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I think this is a great idea! Even tho I'm a Christian I think it's a brilliant idea to put it out into the world this kind of positivity, so today I'm grateful for:

.my family, they put up with all of my mental health stuff an rambling

.being able to live the life I want (sort of)

.FANS, I hate this hot weather and need my two fans to survive an sleep

so what if i love each feather an each spangle, why not try an see things from a different angle?

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I love this idea! Today I'm grateful for:

• my boyfriend and his family, for giving me a place to stay and welcoming me into their family at short notice;
  • my family, for supporting me in my decisions, even when they don't agree with them;
  • On a more general note, I'm grateful for the relationship I now have with my family, which has varied over the years between not great and awful, so I am super grateful it has stabilised somewhere much better for everyone involved;
  • After months of waiting, I have finally managed to secure an appointment with the local government to confirm my residency. I am one step closer to slaying the beast that is bureaucracy.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

This is really nice! I love reading everyone's happies.

Mine are:
- A friend got in contact a few days ago saying she misses me & we've been chatting. We drifted apart very suddenly & for no real reason and she's someone I really liked spending time with, so hopefully we'll be able to build things back up to how they were before!

- The SUN!! It hasn't been as sunny the last few days but it was blissful before then & hopefully will be again soon. It motivates me to get out more (even just lil trips to the park), I spent an hour just lying in the sun last week and miraculously didn't burn to a crisp and it was really nice.

Harlan :-)

("they" pronouns please, mookyfolk)

Page 1 of 1  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us