Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Cameras

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
Cameras

Hey all!

I'm thinking about buying a new camera, but I don't really know what kind of thing I'm looking for so, at this stage, I'd like recommendations of what you use/have used and what you thought of it. I don't have a price range right now because I can save if I really want a fancy one. Just looking for ideas :)

Life Is A Mysteryx Death Is Not= Angels and Eyeliner going to Hell hand in hand...

Mooky's Resident Cardinal of Awesomeness

Don't make me take the shades off...

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I've got a canon 60D, i got it second hand which ive heard is a good way to do things. I've got an 18-50mm lense with it, also a flash that i've not really managed to use. I really need to use it more! I bought it with the intention of getting better at photographing my make-up stuff but i'm not doing much like that at the moment. I really like it as a camera though.

Florian xxx

Dont you ever,Stop being dandy, showing me you're handsome.

He/they pronouns pls

Baby Mook

Date:

My first DSLR was a Nikon D3300, which I think I got on sale for around $500 (though I think now you can get them for more like 2-300$!) The cost is a little steep if you're only interested in photography as a hobby, but if you're wanting to get into the world of photography with a good quality competitive-level camera, I would certainly recommend it!

-- Edited by nico on Tuesday 28th of February 2017 10:58:51 PM

Tumblr

deviantart

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I have a Canon 1300D which I got with 2 lenses for just under 400 which for me is pretty good value, but I don't have a child under 5 so I'm not sure what your budget is, but it's a lovely DSLR which connects to Wifi to sync up with your phone if you're desperate to upload photos on the move!

Forget the horror here.

Baby Mook

Date:

If you want film, get an Olympus Om10. You can pick one with a lens up for about 50 on ebay and they have a lightmeter which make them easier for beginners. I'm learning with one pretty fast :)

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us