Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Things I've learned from Mookychick

Honoured Mook

Date:
Things I've learned from Mookychick

Mookychick is a pretty awesome place so I'm sure I can't be the only one: What have you learned from Mookychick?

(Replace learned with tried/won/read/etc. Share a story about Mookychick influencing some part of your life!)

I signed up for Postcrossing a few weeks ago. I read the article forever ago on Mookychick and remembered it after all these years. At the time, I was underage and uncomfortable signing up for a service that asked strangers to mail things to my house, but I remembered enough of the article to explain the idea to my Mom while we were sitting on the porch flipping through a box of postcards my penpal mailed to me.

"Why don't you sign up for it?" she asked.

I shrugged. I said, "I can't even remember the name of the website. I just remember reading an article on it."

So I googled postcards on Mookychick, found the Postcrossing article, and now my bedroom mirror is slowly being covered in postcards from around the world. It's been pretty awesome and it's getting me excited to check the mail and to visit small tourist shop anytime I leave the area in search of unique postcards. I even ended up ordered DC Comic Postcards and have sent out a few now.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Mooky taught me that you can find the most wonderful people in the strangest of places. :)

too weak to labor on the farm

too indolent to do any exercise

too stupid for the bar

and

too immoral for the pulpit

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Mooky an the lovely folk here are partly responsible for saving my life at one time (especially magda, harlan,wyno an rach) I was going through a terrible time an I just felt so much safer an accepted here

so what if i love each feather an each spangle, why not try an see things from a different angle?

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I have met some fantastic people in real life who I count amongst my friends now thanks to Mooky.

I customised some tshirts from a mooky tutorial.

I have learned that you can probably live inside a boot (who remembers tardischeerleader).

I have watched Circle this week thanks to Magda's review.

To think that I found this after googling burlesque artists.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Oh my god Spikey. A status I had about tardischeerleader believing in slenderman was on my timehop the other day.

I have learned about how one could possible turn a guitar into a sex toy.

I have learned that internet friendship with people who live an ocean away is wonderful friendship even if it does leave you with dreams of excitedly going to England to meet everyone.

I have learned how to properly piss in someone's yogurt.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

ChynaRoze wrote:

Oh my god Spikey. A status I had about tardischeerleader believing in slenderman was on my timehop the other day.

I have learned about how one could possible turn a guitar into a sex toy.

I have learned that internet friendship with people who live an ocean away is wonderful friendship even if it does leave you with dreams of excitedly going to England to meet everyone.

I have learned how to properly piss in someone's yogurt.

Bless you Steph for making me remember all these things! I say "piss in their yoghurt" so often I forget it is an Alkaism!

too weak to labor on the farm

too indolent to do any exercise

too stupid for the bar

and

too immoral for the pulpit

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

blizzard of ozz wrote:

Mooky an the lovely folk here are partly responsible for saving my life at one time (especially magda, harlan,wyno an rach) I was going through a terrible time an I just felt so much safer an accepted here

Aw, reading that made me so happy! You're wonderful, Bliz, I'm glad I could be even a small part of your support system :~)

Harlan :-)

("they" pronouns please, mookyfolk)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^That made me happy too! :)

I found Mooky while searching for songs to do a striptease to spice things up with Mr. Grumpy... Then I discovered new music, books, tv shows and recipes. I learned that there's nothing wrong with being different and that an ocean can't be an obstacle to friendship. Mooky also improved my English skills a lot. It made me laugh, it helped me in the darkest days and it saved my faith in humanity more than once. In brief, I really think Mooky made me a better, happier and more open-minded person.

''Just when I discovered the meaning of life, they changed it.'' George Carlin

Annointed Queen of Mook - Founder and Editor

Date:

On the forum and website I've learned that you can always be supported, informed, surprised. I love that people on here have formed relationships and helped each other so much. On the website, I often think about an article on the heroic minute - a classical term for waking up early to do meaningful things with time to yourself. I'd never heard of the term before and passed it onto a friend who has two children to care for. The heroic minute helped her rediscover her massive album collection and catch up on old films she's always wanted to see. Someone shared their personal discoveries and interests and touched someone else's life, I think that's incredible.

Hello from Mookychick's founder. www.mookychick.co.uk. @mookychick. Mookbook. Stuff. Writes things.

Honoured Mook

Date:

I'm trying to think about how I came across mookychick, and I think it was from being a member back on emobucket a bajillion years ago and searching for hair cuts and hair advice. Someone linked a mooky article and I remember I ended up spending several hours on the site thinking "oh my god, finally the information I was looking for."

Not as good of a reason as a striptease, but it's cool how there's so many different things that led us here.

Today I learned that the heroic minute is especially difficult for me when I'm already not getting the amount of sleep I need to be functional. But I'm trying it in reverse--I'm taking a half hour at the end of the day for myself to do whatever I want, and that's been lovely. I've been drawing a lot more and rediscovering how much I loved the feel of a pen in my hands.

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us