Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Pokemon Go

Honoured Mook

Date:
Pokemon Go

Alright, so I know it's over a full month before Pokemon GO comes out, but I'm sort of freaking out and counting down the days. I don't have a DS or any sort of handheld device, so it's been over a decade since I played a pokemon game. I'm also very excited about the app, but also a little hesitant.

So, it sounds like certain pokemon will only be available in certain regions. Since I do a lot of traveling, I'm not as upset about this, but the idea that I won't be able to catch fire pokemon because I don't live anywhere near a volcano is a little sad to me, and I'm only near the ocean maybe once a year. (I think about the people landlocked in the mid-western united states. That's gotta be a bummer.)

The fact that there's only one or two moves for each pokemon also sort of makes me sad, but I'm excited regardless.

So I know it's early, but who else is excited? Or who isn't excited? What are your thoughts on pokemon Go?

Honoured Mook

Date:

WHO ELSE IS PLAYING
PLEASE TELL ME IM NOT THE ONLY ONE LOSING THEIR LIFE
Pokemon Go is making me GO OUTSIDE

I've started with a charmander
what did you start with?

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I can't get it in the UK and I can't be bothered doing all the witchcraft to get it.
I just wanna waste time in work :(

Forget the horror here.

Annointed Queen of Mook - Founder and Editor

Date:

I am hearing nothing but good things about Pokemon Go. As I live in the UK I'm living vicariously through others but it sounds great!

Hello from Mookychick's founder. www.mookychick.co.uk. @mookychick. Mookbook. Stuff. Writes things.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ I have loads of friends who play it by getting a new apple ID or something and setting their home country as Australia. My sister works for a high ropes course and apparently they've been catching pokemon on their breaks. But since it will be here soon(ish?) it might not be worth the bother.

Life Is A Mystery x Death Is Not = Angels and Eyeliner going to Hell hand in hand...

Mooky's Resident Cardinal of Awesomeness

Don't make me take the shades off...

Mookface (mod)

Date:

If you have Android it's pretty simple, iPhone is a bit more complicated but still pretty easy. My phone doesn't have a gyroscopic sensor thingy so I can't see Pokemon on the camera :( The OH's phone works properly with it though, I am in charge of catching Pokemon on his phone while we drive to the shops and such haha. Caught a Jynx while we were driving past McDonalds!

Honoured Mook

Date:

I try to respond to my posts at least on Mondays but it's been tricky getting online. How is everyone enjoying it now that it's out (officially) in the UK?

(For some reason I was under the impression it was out in UK before US, so I was surprised to find I was quite wrong!)

I've been enjoying it. I'm a pretty regular hiker, but I will admit, I often do not walk or will put off hiking if the weather is hot. Even with jogging, I will often make excuses. The game has certainly made it easier to me to head outside.

I think the most amazing thing is the sheer amount of conversations I've had with people.

I don't have an anxiety disorder. There is nothing impeding my ability to talk to other people besides a horrible habit of overthinking. The only time I've talked to people and approached them with this much confidence and enthusiasm is at conventions. Today, after organizing it for a few days, I went on a "pokecrawl" to various pokestops and gyms in my hometown with a bunch of strangers. I'd never met any of them before, but I was confident, we had great conversations, and a lovely walk.

I couldn't believe it. It's been great.

I don't even mind the frequent server crashes because we just...hang out...in the mean time.

Runic Mook of the North (mod)

Date:

I downloaded it the other day after a guest at my party found some kind of adorable little bat-creature in my livingroom. I've no idea what pokemons are really, but I find the idea of going hunting with friends quite appealing. Plus I live and work in an UNESCO-listed world heritage site, so there are pokestops and gyms galore here.

"So what you are saying is -I shouldn't play with fire" she said at last. "Of course you should" said One-Eye gently. "But don't be surprised if the fire play back." -Joanne Harris

Baby Mook

Date:

I can't believe the scale of how globally popular the game is though I understand why! I went out for a wander this evening and it was really cool seeing all sorts of people wandering around in the open spaces, sharing 'knowing glances' at each other. It has also been a great way to find out information about locations I just would have walked past had I not been playing it.

As long as the server doesnt choose to crash right before I catch a rare pokemon, I'm good.

My friend has joined some kind of elite players guild that have their own uniform, flag and rules. Impressive considering how recently the game was well, officially released in the UK.

@allthatjazz_1

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I played tonight for the first time! I probably won't play too much because I never go out, but maybe this will help with that. Anyway I was scarily obsessed with Pokemon as a kid and this game is a cool little trip down memory lane while also being modern and exciting!!

Harlan :-)

("they" pronouns please, mookyfolk)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I evolved a Drowzee and took a gym today! I'm obsessed with it, and want to catch them all... Haha. I like to go around the town center before and after work to pick up lots of items at Pokestops because there's none near my house. At least I'm getting more exercise.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

My sister has started being helpful. She offered to bring something to the church hall for Brownies, then offered to stay and help for a while. She never does that. It took me about five minutes to realise that the building was a pokestop.

Life Is A Mystery x Death Is Not = Angels and Eyeliner going to Hell hand in hand...

Mooky's Resident Cardinal of Awesomeness

Don't make me take the shades off...

Date:

^Hahaha!

I went for a ridiculously long walk to catch pokemon and my feet were killing the next day, but it did feel good. My initial buzz has mellowed into a mix of exploration and increasing delight at taking gyms (or losing battles, it's all good). The other day I took a gym, someone called 'annafairygirl' who was nowhere to be see near the gas tower that's my local gymn sneaked in her little pokemon into the grey gymn while I was healing my Hypno, and a bunch of people drove past in a car and called to me "hey, annafairygirl!". But I wasn't her, and that wasn't my pokemon! But I did love the interactive theatre which pokemon is giving the world. Oh and I took that gym back. (And promptly got kicked out by a stronger train 10 mins later).

I have also enjoyed poketourism. I went to the Jurassic coast the other day with a mate and we happily paddled in the sea, looked at old dinosaur bones and also caught some really wild pokemon. The pokestops help you look around though and find out more details about your area. That's what I was telling myself!

Hello from Mookychick's founder. www.mookychick.co.uk. @mookychick. Mookbook. Stuff. Writes things.

Honoured Mook

Date:

Some of my most pleasant memories with the significant other involve sitting side by side and playing baldur's gate or champion's of norath. I miss that couch co-op style of gaming. Pokemon Go gave me this back, but on a global level.

S/O looked at me sideways the other day and said, "Do you want to go on an adventure?"

The next thing I knew we were driving through my tiny home town and revisiting places we haven't been in years. Honestly, it's really nice to see families and young adults enjoying our local park. (It's a gym and a pokestop, sure, but i love all the picnics and random little gatherings showing up as a result.)

The other day I had a 45 minute phone call from my boss, her boss, and the manager of the social media department about pokemon go. I sort of loved every second of it.

I have to agree with Magda--I do feel like the pokestops are helping me explore more areas, both in familiar and unfamiliar places. I've been working a new job and the pokestops are helping me find landmarks and learning the routes and best ways to go as I've been exploring. Prior to that i'd have been too nervous I think.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I have pokemon go and it is a delight. I'm outside and moving around. It's wonderful.

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Honoured Mook

Date:

I'm not sure if I should be ashamed or proud of how many miles I've now walked playing pokemon go.

The dog is certainly happy.

What is everyone's most interesting catch so far?

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I gots me a Starmie the other day walking by the tesco at my bit which I'm quite pleased about! And I hatched a Pikachu from a 2k egg last week. I don't play much because I only really go from work to home and there's not a lot of variety but on my days off I like walking about!

Yesterday chap and I were double gym leaders, and it was so weird because where we were was quite quiet and not many people about, but the same person, twice left Pokemon in with our gyms. WHO WAS THIS MYSTERIOUS STRANGER.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I'm pretty new to the whole Pokemon thing having never played any of the other games, but I'm loving it so far. Got to level 21 yesterday, and have walked over 100km which I'm pretty impressed with. Don't really know which ones are particularly rare/ interesting, but I've caught a couple of Mr. Mime's lately, and they're some of the most sinister looking things.

Cut Out And Keep

Etsy 10% off with the code 10MOOKY

Honoured Mook

Date:

I have not caught a single Mr. mime so I'm incredibly jealous!

I don't have a starmie yet, either! I have a pile of staryu but not enough to evolve.

I've only randomly caught one pikachu and I've yet to hatch anything cool like that out of an egg D= JUST A LOT OF RATATTAS. And a few jinx, which would be fine if i didn't catch so many.

Is there any pokemon (besides rattata, pidgie, spearow, and weevil) that you've been catching a lot of?

Someone I know catches a lot of goldeen, but all i seem to get are drowsee.

Honoured Mook

Date:

Is anyone still playing?

Most people I know have stopped. I'm guilty of playing less myself, but that's mostly because the pokestops in my hometown where cut in half so i can't really walk anywhere to catch pokemon now.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Yeah, I kind of stopped playing as well, and most people I know have. Which is a shame. Now and then I still log on but not the same extent as I did. If you're only going to and from work most days by the same route there's not much variety!

Honoured Mook

Date:

I'm still playing!
I recently hatched a 2000+ CP Snorlax and today I finally evolved a Vaporeon so have all three available Eevee incarnations.

I'm a dork, I know.

Eccentric Blue Haired Ecdysiast & Self Professed Dildo Nerd

Answers to Daisy or Little Spoon :) x

Date:

Wow, last post 2016! I love that people are still playing Pokemon Go. I loved it for about two months and it felt like such a pure and wholesome game. So many people having good experiences of getting out of the house if that was a struggle for them, walking a little more, feeling a part of something, and of course catching lots of Pokemon! I had lots of super-cute experiences of playing it with people on my street and sometimes we'd discover each other, it was always a buzz. It's funny how everyone has started talking about it again, I guess because you can now share friend codes. Is anyone here still playing?

Harlan, if you read this, I seem to remember how you were playing Pokemon Go a lil bit. How are things going? I think some mooks are sharing friend codes if you're interested?

Page 1 of 1  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us