Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: What is your favourite summer music?

Runic Mook of the North (mod)

Date:
What is your favourite summer music?

For me, the ultimate song for the season of long hot days is Vul'indlela by the glorious Brenda Fassie. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RvfDkzUOos

Truth to be told, I do not understand the lyrics, but the music is great :)

"So what you are saying is -I shouldn't play with fire" she said at last. "Of course you should" said One-Eye gently. "But don't be surprised if the fire play back." -Joanne Harris

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

In summer all I listen to is 2006 pop punk! My music taste his not developed at all after then haha. This summer seems to be about Bowling For Soup and Blink 182. I definitely never grew up past being a teenager, haha.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I like a lot of Otis Redding in summer

so what if i love each feather an each spangle, why not try an see things from a different angle?

Honoured Mook

Date:

For some reason, my Summer Music Playlists have always included a lot of Alice Cooper.

I mean, "Schools out for Summer" seems pretty much a given, but I don't know why, once May/June hits, I'm playing Alice Cooper. By mid-to-late July, it's a lot of pop-punk/emo/screamo music, because Warped Tour is coming to town and that's where my brain goes.

This summer, I'm listening to a lot of The Holy White Hounds.

www.youtube.com/watch

Annointed Queen of Mook - Founder and Editor

Date:

I have been thinking about this because at first I thought there was no difference to my seasonal music tastes, but there is. While I'll enjoy anything I like, I'll go out and seek slightly different sounds. I think I choose summer music to lift and express my spirit, and winter music to fortify it. Light playfulness in summer, drama in Winter. In summer I'll listen to Mozart instead of Beethoven, Yeah Yeah Yeahs instead of PJ Harvey, Groove Armada or Morcheeba instead of Jeff Mills. My summer listening is more disco and funk-based, too... Johnny Cash and Kate Bush all year round though.

Hello from Mookychick's founder. www.mookychick.co.uk. @mookychick. Mookbook. Stuff. Writes things.

Aj

Baby Mook

Date:

I think my summer music consists of a lot of Best Coast songs (as they have that ~beach vibe~) and any music I'm into at the time.

Creator of Koru Mag, Co-Creator of Perth YA Book Club, Avid YA writer and reader 

http://anjuliewritesstuff.weebly.com/@YA_Geek, facebook, tumblr, instagram 

Page 1 of 1  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us