Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Do you use goodreads or other reading apps?
Do you use reading apps? [3 vote(s)]

Yes
66.7%
Sometimes
0.0%
No
33.3%

Honoured Mook

Date:
Do you use goodreads or other reading apps?

I'm a big fan of goodreads, a website and app that lets you keep track of the books you've read, the books you want to read, and then makes recommendations for other books based on your ratings of previous books.

Since I'm an avid reader, I like knowing how many books I read each year, and the recommendations have helped me stumble across some great books I would have otherwise never heard of. I have some friends that read a lot and some friends that only read a little, but they're pretty split on the idea of reading apps.

So how about you mooksters? Do you use goodreads or another reading app? What's your thought?

((P.s.: If you're on goodreads, feel free to add me! Just leave me a note that you're from mookychick.))

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I really like goodreads! There are so many books I've found there that I might never have found, or would have taken ages to find. With goodreads I can usually find a new book to read as soon as I finish the last.

Also yeah, I like keeping track of what I've read and also how good I thought it was. It's also cool that you can connect a bit more closely with some of the authors? I like it a lot. It encourages me to read more.

I sent you a request, if anyone wants to add me I'm quackdown : )

Harlan :-)

("they" pronouns please, mookyfolk)

Honoured Mook

Date:

Awesomecakes! I'm excited to have you on goodreads and to scope out your reading list, Harlan!

I definitely agree with goodreads helping connect you to books you might not otherwise have found. I like to scan through booklists that contain a lot of favorite books and see what comes up, then see what my local libraries have available.

I'm actually embarrassed not too familiar with any other book apps besides goodreads. Anyone else have thoughts or suggestions?

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us