Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Harlan's T treatment fund is LIVE!!!! Please share :)

Annointed Queen of Mook - Founder and Editor

Date:
Harlan's T treatment fund is LIVE!!!! Please share :)

THE FUND IS NOW LIVE - PLEASE SHARE :)

https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/harlan-t-treatment

Hello there,

We are putting the final touches to the Justgiving crowdfunding page and will have something real for you to share, share, share really soon!

A question: Are there any trans charities that would be especially good to donate extra money to if by sheerest chance we happen to exceed our donations goal? Harlan is asking his friends, but suggestions and recommendations would be very welcome.

-- Edited by Magda Mookychick on Sunday 6th of March 2016 05:43:11 PM

Hello from Mookychick's founder. www.mookychick.co.uk. @mookychick. Mookbook. Stuff. Writes things.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
RE: Harlan's Justgiving fund

Thanks so much Magda! Charity suggestions from mooks would be excellent ^_^ I'm going to message you about some possibilities though, thank you so much again :)

Harlan :-)

("they" pronouns please, mookyfolk)

Date:
RE: Harlan's Justgiving fund IS NOW HERE!!!! Please share :)

Hi everyone,

I am DELIGHTED to say that Harlan's JustGiving fund is now LIVE, LIVE, LIVE!!!!!!!!

https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/harlan-t-treatment/

We have 30 days to raise as much as possible, everything over our target goal will go to a wonderful organisation called Gendered Intelligence who were of personal help to Harlan and do good things for young trans people across the UK.

Please do donate if you possibly can, and please do share and spread the word. Thank you so much everyone! Let's make something brilliant happen!

xxx

Hello from Mookychick's founder. www.mookychick.co.uk. @mookychick. Mookbook. Stuff. Writes things.

Date:
RE: Harlan's T treatment fund is LIVE!!!! Please share :)

OH MY WE HAVE HAD A DONATION! Harlan, you don't know Laurie but he said to pass on his best wishes :)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Thank you so much again for setting things up, Magda! Please tell Laurie I'm so so grateful for his donation :) :) do you know the other donator? Just asking in case you can pass along thanks to them too. I'm really struggling after having to pay for my appointment on saturday so I appreciate the help such a huge amount. xxx

Date:

^That was me, gotta start the ball rolling somewhere. It will be absolutely lovely to see if we can get a donor that literally none of us know by the end of the campaign, that would be fun!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^Silly me! Thank you! :D xxx

Booky Mooky (mod)

Date:

^^^Shared on the ol' tumblr, shall donate something once I've covered my rent!

-Proud (and fertile!) Mooky Grandfather-

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

My bank card is (stupidly) in the room with the sleeping baby, but I shall donate tomorrow before I go into work.

Life Is A Mystery x Death Is Not = Angels and Eyeliner going to Hell hand in hand...

Mooky's Resident Cardinal of Awesomeness

Don't make me take the shades off...

Regular Crew

Date:

Shared! I will donate when I get paid next week :) xxx

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Thank you all SO much!! xxx

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Donated. Really hope you get your target Harlan.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Thank you so much Spikey!! I can't believe how many people have donated already. It's such a heck of a lot off my plate. It's so generous & I am so grateful to everyone. xxx

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Donated, hope it helps. :)

Date:

^Indi, it was YOU! I was wondering. That is so wonderful of you!

I've been asking around and a few nice people who are famous in their fields have retweeted - journalist Kaite Welsh, musician CN Lester, comedian Andrew O'Neill. I've done a wee press release too with Harlan's permission and sent it to some good folk like Lesbian.com, UK Feminista, The F-Word, The Gay UK, Pink News, Stonewall, All About Trans. If any of you can think of places for us to send the PR to I surely shall :)

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^^Thank you so much Indi!! I'm appreciating the nice round number, but especially appreciating your support!! Thank you!!

^Magda, that's amazing! And so exciting!! I am so excited. This thread is essentially me overusing exclamation marks and "so" - even more than I usually do. Because it's too excellent & exciting for me to put into words.

I'm about two and a half months away from being able to ask for a referral letter for surgery, so any extra bits will go towards me saving up for that (for the "refer me!" appointment and surgery itself) and awww shit. Just the thought of being able to keep on testosterone without panicking about not being able to afford the next month & the idea of surgery down the line is so incredible. This time last year I was thinking I'd never transition and it was messing me up in a big way. Everyone's support has helped me get on T & is helping me stay there and I'm so happy!!! Thank you to folks who have donated & folks who have been supportive in other ways too!! Mooky is unbelievable xxx

Date:

Ooooh... 1 week to go, 1 week to go!

I've had a joyous time of it doing a Bob Geldof on people I know so if any of you fancy donning your Bob Geldof hat that's ace :)

Thank you so much to everyone who has contributed, shared and sent warm happy thoughts - you are amazing.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Thank you so so much for the further donations!! Things are incredibly tight with money right now and without this I'd be looking at about half a month without T. I'm so grateful for all the help. xx

Magda, meant to say so earlier but I read your pal's article on lesbian.com and I was so touched & impressed. Please please pass on my thanks!! I took screenshots of the article actually & sent it to some of my friends to celebrate, haha :)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Thank you so so so so SO freaking much to everyone who donated & generally supported me (and that's all of mooky ;))
I really appreciate it, it's a huge load off my plate. I haven't had T for like 2-3 weeks now (i've had a few tubes tho, just been spreading them out) and knowing that I'm not going to be in this situation again anytime soon is such a relief.

I wanted to say thanks earlier but I've been ill, sorry! Been trying to thank folks individually but yeah!! Really want to say thanks to Vic & Ruby tho! Hopefully you two will see this but I'll message you anyway when I'm not on my phone :)

Thank you Magda AGAIN. I want to hug you forever. You are a saint. I'm hugging you a lot right now via the interwebs. xxx

Regular Crew

Date:

Harlan I've been a bit of a disaster at the moment (in the process of having my chronic pain diagnosed) and I've missed the window for donations via the above link. I am more than happy to send a couple of quid your way through your paypal - send me a link when you get the chance :) xxx

Booky Mooky (mod)

Date:

^^^I'm so glad it helped! Money well spent :)

-Proud (and fertile!) Mooky Grandfather-

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^^I won't be able to put any money aside this month because I have to pay for my kitty's ashes (blegh) so that would be really awesome, thank you so much! I hope you get some answers with your diagnosis xx

Page 1 of 1  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us