Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: ...Oh hi there y'all!

Regular Crew

Date:
...Oh hi there y'all!

I'm kinda new to forums.  So sorry if I do something wrong!  This feels oddly intimidating!

I've been loitering around this site for years but never had the courage to sign up or take part so be gentle with me...

Who am I?

Redhairdontcare

Face to a name and all that...

• Newly engaged with two fur babies (a dog called Ninja & a cat called Shed)

NinjaShed

• I used to play double bass & sing in a band

TBS 

• I love road trips and travelling (but Wales will always feel like home)
  • I've been through enough to hopefully be able to offer advice to someone going through a tough time
  • I'm constantly planning for a zombie apocalypse

So the thing is, after a really rough couple of years I decided that life was too short to waste and I gave up my "sensible" job.  I started focusing on what I love - photography and being creative. I would love to start a blog but although I have been in some pretty unusual situations I have the paranoid thoughts of "who would care?/who would want to read that rubbish?!"

What makes you guys enjoy a blog? 

Lastly my friend and I have just started our own Jewellery business called Lonely Moon - it'd be great to have feedback on that!  We actually have a competition running at the moment to win our new pieces for free 

These are what you can win!

Thanks everyone - I look forward to taking part in the forums :)

-- Edited by wormsoup on Tuesday 8th of September 2015 04:39:21 PM

Lonely Moon - quirky, hand-made jewellery

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Welcome! I have actually just shared your competition on facebook to one of my friends who loves dinosaury things!!! That is so cool!

Please just dive in and get started, mostly it is just us all talking rubbish to each other one thing is that we don't tend to put pictures directly into posts due to bandwidth techy something I don't understand but links or behind spoiler tags is fine.

The Recent Posts tabs up there *points to top menu bar* will show you the most recently replied to threads. The chat box over there ---> is good for getting folk to look at something quickly but tends to go unused for days at a time otherwise.

Regular Crew

Date:

Thanks Spikeyfaerie!!

I'm really looking forward to posting, everyone seems like a nice bunch!

And thanks for sharing the comp on Facebook, really appreciate it :)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Hello and welcome to Mooky!

Like you I think that life is too short to not focus on what we love and I'm constantly planning for zombie apocalypse. You look creative, fun and your dinosaurs jewels are awesome. I hope you're gonna like the forum.

''Just when I discovered the meaning of life, they changed it.'' George Carlin

Regular Crew

Date:

Thanks Wyno  bleh

Regular Crew

Date:

Your jewellery is super cute!

Regular Crew

Date:

Thanks vanillasunday! :)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Hey dude,welcome to Mooky! You'll definitely enjoy it here ; unlike elsewhere on the internet,creativity and talent are appreciated here. Do you still play and sing,and was it a conventional or electric DB?

As for a blog - go for it! You'll never know how many WILL read it until you've written it,but you can be sure nobody will read what hasn't been written. Why not do a photography blog talking about and showing all the lovely places around Wales? That'd combine a thing you love and a thing you want to do!

Also good luck with the business - Sue here is doing the same thing!

Oh,as Spikey mentioned but was too polite to say,99pc of any rubbish written here will be by me. Every village has its idiot,so be warned. I'm too lazy to amusingly fall off stiles for a farthing,but I will blather about Muse and Doctor Who for free...

Dave.

New posters should read "So you joined Mooky" in the FAQ forum. Or Matt Bellamy on an armoured flying unicorn shall smite you. With lasers! \m/

Mooky's Resident Emperor!

Page 1 of 1  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us