Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Adult colouring in books

Annointed Queen of Mook - Founder and Editor

Date:
Adult colouring in books

The media is currently getting so excited about adult colouring in books. The media is always getting excited. Nice to see it getting excited about art therapy, for a change.

Here are some nice adult colouring in books, with tips on what to look out for.

Hello from Mookychick's founder. www.mookychick.co.uk. @mookychick. Mookbook. Stuff. Writes things.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

When you say Adult colouring books, this is what I immediately thought of.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

i really want to get some!

Florian xxx 

Dont you ever, Stop being dandy, showing me you're handsome. 

He/they pronouns pls

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I've got "Girls are Not Chicks" and "Sometimes the Spoon Runs Away with Another Spoon". They're awesome feministy colouring books. I prefer the spoon one, it's more grown up - the little captions are better and the pictures are much more detailed.

I can't link on ipad but if anyone's interested: quackdown.tumblr.com/post/118472655506
there's a page from each that I did with a friend a while ago. "Jack's house" is from the Spoon book, the witch one is from the Chicks book.

You can also get some awesome adult colouring books on etsy! My friend has just sent me a garden themed one and I'm eyeing a roller derby themed one for one of my other pals.

Harlan :-)

("they" pronouns please, mookyfolk)

Annointed Queen of Mook - Founder and Editor

Date:

Thanks Peyton, I will try to add your recommended ones or maybe do one focusing purely on feminist colouring books, it would be good to support some of the DIY ventures out there

Hello from Mookychick's founder. www.mookychick.co.uk. @mookychick. Mookbook. Stuff. Writes things.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I have a colouring book! I think it's released as a monthly magazine. I can't remember what it's called exactly at the top of my head, but it has to with Art Therapy and comes in about £2.99 I think. It has really beautiful intricate patterns to colour in, some are in animal form and others just general patterns. It's actually really relaxing and helps me feel a lot better about not being 'creative enough' when I come home from work. Just colouring in makes me feel like I'm still making something and being expressive, and it sort of builds up my strength to do more after work (I get wiped out so easily)

I LOVE THEM I AM SO EXCITED TO GET MORE

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Oooh Kirsty, what's it called? I'd love something like a colouring book subscription.

Florian xxx 

Dont you ever, Stop being dandy, showing me you're handsome. 

He/they pronouns pls

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ I found 'Colour In' magazine in a Tesco the other day. Not sure if it's the same one, but you will probably be able to find it in a supermarket or newsie near you, Florian. It came with a pack of coloured pencils too.

I'm getting this one for my mother for her birthday, and spending my birthday money from her on a copy for me. It's really beautiful, and it's supposed to be a kind of puzzle as well, you look for hidden objects and find the way to a castle. 

Taking a slight wander away from the basic topic of the thread: what do other people use to colour in? I have a set of water colour pencils for some of my other books, but I'm going to get some regular pencils for this one as I don't want to spoil the image on the reverse with water (not a problem in my pretty patterns book, as most of them aren't that impressive). My sister has a ton of promarkers that she uses for her graphic design work and her colouring books (again, no good if you want to keep the reverse side, but they look fantastic if you want to frame any of it). I've seen people's pages coloured in with highlighters or normal pencils and other such things, and just wanted some ideas for other ways to colour. 

Life Is A Mystery x Death Is Not = Angels and Eyeliner going to Hell hand in hand...

Mooky's Resident Cardinal of Awesomeness

Don't make me take the shades off...

Page 1 of 1  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us