Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Xbox Gamers

Regular Crew

Date:
Xbox Gamers

So I'm relativly new to "gaming" since I meet my fiancé 2 years ago, the last time I properly played video games was back in the days of Sonic the hedgehog & Streets of rage. Yeah! I'm old school baby

So now I've got kinda hooked Xbox, really just a few games. Gears of War being the main obsession. I enjoy a bit of Call of Duty, but the little zombie side game. I prefer the whole monster enemy than kinda  real life sorta stuff. Just seems a little easier, Ya know wars suck and reinacting it at home isn't my cuppa tea.

Anyways I just wondered if anyone else enjoys a bit of the old Xbox and if so it would be awesome to have a few game recommendations and also online gaming buddies. 

-- Edited by MissyMouse on Saturday 14th of February 2015 12:39:07 AM

“To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best day and night to make you like everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight and never stop fighting.” ― E.E. Cumming

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I'm not a massive gamer but I really enjoyed the Batman Arkham games. (Asylum, City and Origins). I think the story lines in them are quite compelling, the action is...action-y, and if you're even mildly into Batman it delves into a lot of the Villain's backstories with the collectable's you find in the game.

Also, for zombies have you played Left 4 Dead? You might like them, it's pretty much as case of shoot the zombies in the face and complete some tasks along the way. You can play online as well.

And the Fall Out franchise, I think, is pretty good. It's set in post nuclear war America and is a free roaming game. How you interact with character's and complete missions will affect your reputation in the game and there's all sorts of different endings for each game. I've only played Fall Out 3 and New Vegas, but apparently they're the best ones.

My gamer tag is Capuletxx if you want to add it. I'm not online much and I won't be near my xbox again until March, but I play Gears sometimes, if you want to drop me a message :)

Annointed Queen of Mook - Founder and Editor

Date:

Hiya MissyMouse, nice to have you on our boards! Sadly I'm PC and PS4 so wouldn't be able to be a gaming buddy, but I second Capulett's recommendation for Fallout 3 and New Vegas. They're monstery, but also feature so much beautiful exploration. Fallout was made by Bethesda, which also made this amazing stealthy future-y steampunky game called Dishonored. You might be able to get it for quite cheap now because not many people seemed to like it very much, for some reason. I never thought I'd be into a stealth game but Dishonored completely changed my mind!
You've also got Far Cry for sheer prettiness, lots of action and an exotic holiday from grey UK reality.

I've suddenly realised I'm thinking more about single player games... I tend not to do multiplayer stuff and was wondering if you have a preference?

Hello from Mookychick's founder. www.mookychick.co.uk. @mookychick. Mookbook. Stuff. Writes things.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Sunset Overdrive! It's amazing, has the best punk rock soundtrack, awesome humour, and you get to kill zombies!

"Wilfred Allsop was sitting up, his face pale, his eyes glassy, his hair disordered. He looked like the poet Shelley after a big night out with Lord Byron." - P. G. Wodehouse

Mooky's Decadent Victorian Aesthete

Runic Mook of the North (mod)

Date:

Capulett wrote:

And the Fall Out franchise, I think, is pretty good. It's set in post nuclear war America and is a free roaming game. How you interact with character's and complete missions will affect your reputation in the game and there's all sorts of different endings for each game. I've only played Fall Out 3 and New Vegas, but apparently they're the best ones.

Nope. Fall Out 2 is quite possibly the best game ever, and the first one isn't far behind. 

"So what you are saying is -I shouldn't play with fire" she said at last. "Of course you should" said One-Eye gently. "But don't be surprised if the fire play back." -Joanne Harris

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ I've not played them yet, but I will!

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us