Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Growing Out Fringe

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
Growing Out Fringe

So, after years of having the same hairstyle, I've decided it's time to say goodbye. I'm growing out all my hair (fringe, undercut, bob, the lot) and I'm trying to take better care of it now. But my side fringe is at that awkward phase where I can't see if it falls in front of my eyes... which it does a lot. I've tried wearing headbands and French braiding it up, but I'm bored.

So, does anyone have any suggestions for a longish fringe that mean I can see where I'm going?

Life Is A Mystery x Death Is Not = Angels and Eyeliner going to Hell hand in hand...

Mooky's Resident Cardinal of Awesomeness

Don't make me take the shades off...

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Quiff. Roll it backwards and secure with a couple of kirbie grips.

Roll your hair...I can't think how to describe this...I shall return later with an explanation or video

Lush Guru

Date:

Yeah, totally quiff it. Brush everything fringey forwards then give it a relatively liberal spray with hairspray. Back comb if you are fine, or if you fancy it (I love a good back comb!) Gently brush the bit of hair that falls towards the front of your hair forwards and then just roll it backwards so that the very ends of your fringe are tucked up under the rest of your front-hair. Pin pin pin spray, and it's fabby.

I hope that makes sense, I have been drinking...

Regular Crew

Date:

I've been told by a hairdresser and various people that you have to 'train' your hair, so I presume this means to make it go in a certain direction by tying it back with clips and things for long enough until it starts to go that way on it's own. Kind of fascinating actually, I wonder if the hair follicles rotate or something.

Growing out fringe is a pain the the arse. I hate having a fringe but I know I look better with one, though they are absolutely annoying and require too much maintenance for me to even bother with. ¬_¬ Good luck with the hair growing though!~

-- Edited by Lunella on Wednesday 21st of January 2015 09:42:30 AM

fdggd_zpsf66801aa.png

Tumblr | Youtube

Honoured Mook

Date:

I'm going to revive this thread rather than making a new one, because my starter post is basically the same:

I'm growing out my bangs not because I don't like them, but because I've had the same hairstyle since I was 16 and decided it was time for a change. I have two cow licks on opposing ends of my forehead, which is why I had a side fringe to begin with.

I tried to braid my bangs to the side like I saw on pinterest, but they're just not quite long enough. What exactly is a quiff*? Any suggestions if I can't use a lot of hairspray?

*I'm a little afraid to google this given the slang meaning and the fact that I'm on a work computer.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Quiff- think rockabilly style. Fringe rolled back and pinned.

Honoured Mook

Date:

fdb9dc2deb0cc9e6ad97de65b4cf7679.jpg

This is, quite honestly, the very first result for hair quiff when I google search it which is why I'm having a hard time picturing it. It's all mens. D=

I think my bangs still might be just a little bit too short to roll back all the way. The left side is shorter than the right so they're very awkward at the moment. D=

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Can you stick your bangs in a hair bobble? I'll try to explain how I've done it (the no hairspray, probably pretty wrong way).

Comb hair as usual

Brush bangs into a little ponytail and secure with elastic. What you're aiming for is to have the hair going away from your ace towards the back of your head, and for the elastic to be close to the end of your ickle ponytail. If that means having it halfway down longer bits to accommodate for shorter bits, so be it.

Grab bobby pins. I use two or three. You might want more, depending on how long/thick your hair is, or how likely it is to spit out bobby pins during the day.

Put your tiny ponytail on the top of your head, then move it forward just a tad so the base of the ponytail becomes a teeny bump. Or a great big bump, if you have the hair and prefer it. Pin it there with your hair elastics.

Admire your fine plumage!

Also, bandanas have been great for work lately (I went back to the side bangs, having decided I look boring without them...). I fold or roll them up to a thin(ish) strip then tie them over my brushed back hair. I'm a bit daft with it, because I have bandanas that match my hoodies and hoodies that match my shoes.

Have you tried a sort of two strand twist? Take two tiny pieces of hair at the front of your head, by your parting if you have one, and cross the first one (A) behind the second (B). Cross B over A and add another strand of hair to A. Cross the slightly bigger A over B and add a bit more to B. I keep going until I reach my ear and use one bobby pin to secure it there before I go back to the other side (if I have a centre parting) or leave the other side free. You can also keep going all the way around your head, keep twisting down the remaining length of your hair and use a tonne of bobbypins for a crown twist. I find it keeps most ly my hair in for a while, even the short fringe bits and layers, because it's all wrapped around each other. And sometimes if I feel like a fairy princess, I use a big blunt embroidery needle to 'sew' the twist to my hair with ribbon and I am ready for anything.

Life Is A Mystery x Death Is Not = Angels and Eyeliner going to Hell hand in hand...

Mooky's Resident Cardinal of Awesomeness

Don't make me take the shades off...

Page 1 of 1  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us