Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Help! Creative people needed!

Baby Mook

Date:
Help! Creative people needed!

Hello everybody,

I was wondering if you could help me, this christmas like many, cash is tight! I have had a fantastic year spending my hard earned cash on traveling (part of) the world, and experiencing as many new things as i can. I have had the idea of collecting glass jars, decorating them and filling them with sweets for my friends and family this year. I was hoping to write/ find a short rhyme/poem to put on the gift tag explaining why i am being a scrooge this year. I know i shouldn't have to explain myself and people should be grateful for what they get, but i thought a nice note explaining, or perhaps even a quote for them to think about and live by in the new year would be a nice idea.

Ideas greatly welcome!

K xx

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

You're giving people a jar of sweets. That's a present. 'Being a Scrooge' would be just not getting them anything, and frankly I don't see anything wrong with that if you are cash strapped.

I'm not sure what you're asking. Maybe just Google 'Christmas gift poem' or something?

Life Is A Mystery x Death Is Not = Angels and Eyeliner going to Hell hand in hand...

Mooky's Resident Cardinal of Awesomeness

Don't make me take the shades off...

Booky Mooky (mod)

Date:

I agree with the above - you're giving your friends and family something and putting a lot of effort and love into it! In the past my friends and I have cooked dinner for each other if we are too broke to buy presents, and it's always been a lovely experience.

For the poems, you could perhaps include quotes from people's favourite authors, or like Emmi said, google some relevant poetry things.

-Proud (and fertile!) Mooky Grandfather-

Regular Crew

Date:

I always think handmade gifts are the best ones! Taking the time to decorate something with love and attention to give to others, is all in the Christmas spirit. Last year for my partners family I decorated a wicker storage box and when they opened it, it had snowflakes dangling down and a winter wonderland theme to it, with chocolates and sweets all wrapped up in paper and ribbons. It went down a treat and the storage box was put to good use throughout the year!

I actually really like your poem or quote idea :) You could maybe pop it on the inside of the glass jar lid or make your own vintage looking tags and tie it on. They'll see the effort and love it, besides, who doesn't love sweets at Christmas!

I hope this helps, have fun!

x

-- Edited by Gigi on Wednesday 12th of November 2014 12:58:47 PM

Baby Mook

Date:

Making something by yourself will be more cherished like handmade scrapbook and card. I'm quite creative because I'm a fashion designer and mostly I design plus size clothes.

-- Edited by mildredwilliams on Wednesday 5th of August 2015 06:26:44 AM

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Mildred, hi. Welcome to Mookychick. Have you checked out our welcome posts? And the big banner at the top of every page politely requesting that you don't spam? We prefer if people don't needlessly post in threads that have effectively ended (no one has contributed to this conversation in a year and the OP isn't active on the board). If you really want to join in, check out the button that says 'recent posts' to see what's going on right now (or check out the date stamp under the picture of the last poster). Of course, if you're just posting all around old fashion threads in the hope that we buy your plus sized dresses, you might as well post in Fluffy Mooky Links or stop trying to get free advertising.

Life Is A Mystery x Death Is Not = Angels and Eyeliner going to Hell hand in hand...

Mooky's Resident Cardinal of Awesomeness

Don't make me take the shades off...

Page 1 of 1  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us