Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Budapest!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
Budapest!

Mr Spikey is taking me to Budapest for my birthday!!! We fly out on the 30th Oct. He has a couple of things lined up for us to do but if anyone has any suggestions: places that we must go and eat or things not on the tourist guides that we simply have to experience I shall pass them on for him to check out.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Sadly you're too late for Sziget BUT they linked to this extensive site all about what Budapest has to offer beyond the big tourist sites which is here ; he might be a couple of hours looking through all the stuff they list! [also,what a great b/day present!]

Dave.

New posters should read "So you joined Mooky" in the FAQ forum. Or Matt Bellamy on an armoured flying unicorn shall smite you. With lasers! \m/

Mooky's Resident Emperor!

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

I've been a couple of times, and it's such a beautiful place - especially in the winter! You could go to the baths, because it's awesome and cool that they are hot even though it is cold outside! Also try paprikash with dumplings, try langos, and try kurtoscalacs! I THINK these are spelt correctly, but you should google them and EAT them! Tasty hungarian treats!

Also, if you can wangle it, go on a Danube dinner cruise. There are lots of deals you can get so it is cheap, and it's such a fun thing to do!

Stalk me on my blog, I guess? xxx

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Oooh fab! The dinner cruise sounds nice. I shall pass all this on to Mr Spikey

edit: kurtoscalacs are like tredelniks, we had them in Prague, soooo delicious!!!!

-- Edited by Spikeyfaerie on Sunday 5th of October 2014 08:54:24 PM

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

We have eaten goulash, chicken paprikash, chimney cakes and Mr Spikey had a cake that I can't remember the name of.

We saw the Hungarian National Ballet's production of Copellia, visited the Labyrinth Caves, the Hungarian History Museum and went to a ruin bar that was excellent. Everything is relatively dirt cheap here compared to home, like a mains has never been more than a fiver and drink is just silly cheap.

Tomorrow is our last day so we are going to hunt down langos, go see the xmas market which has been set up today possibly go to the baths but it is really very chilly now. Like yesterday was ok but today it was like oh it's November? bam! Have some cold!!!

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

There will be langos at the christmas market for sure!!! I AM SO JEALOUS!!!

Stalk me on my blog, I guess? xxx

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Yup we got some at the market!

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us