Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Mooky wants YOU to Contribute to Mook Book!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
Mooky wants YOU to Contribute to Mook Book!

(Warning, the following explanation will be long, wordy and a bit mad. Also, it's been copied from a word document, and has done something weird with my punctuation). Spoilered into sections, for peace of mind and ease of read.

Spoiler the first: an idea strikes Angels, and she summons the mooky forces!

Spoiler

Spoiler the second, Angels begs mooks to use the following form to express intent to join this noble cause.

Spoiler

Spoiler the third, Angels explains deadlines and begs that inquires be directed at the thread below.

Spoiler

Edit the first, Angels remembers she forgot to link to the basic sample pages and craves your forgiveness

http://s409.photobucket.com/user/smileandmaybetommorow/library/Mook%20Book

-- Edited by Angels+Eyeliner on Friday 1st of August 2014 04:50:09 PM

Life Is A Mystery x Death Is Not = Angels and Eyeliner going to Hell hand in hand...

Mooky's Resident Cardinal of Awesomeness

Don't make me take the shades off...

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I think this is a lovely idea!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I absolutely love this idea! It's really fantastic! I'm too tired to properly take in all the info so for now I'll just say YES I'M IN and I'll come back to this xx

Harlan :-)

("they" pronouns please, mookyfolk)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Awesome! Just to clarify ANYONE can take part and you can submit ANYTHING that will go on an A4 page.

Something I should have mentioned above though: Mookychick has many visitors who are teenagers and so I request that there's no extreme inappropriate content. The odd 'fuck' in a poem or topless artistic photo are fine, in reasonable quantities. If you want to censor your own bits, that's great. If I think anything is a bit much, I might ask you to adapt it. Also, it goes without saying not to include any photographs of people who haven't given consent, or to use copyrighted images without permission, but I'm saying it anyway to cover backs.

Life Is A Mystery x Death Is Not = Angels and Eyeliner going to Hell hand in hand...

Honoured Mook

Date:

I haven't been on the forum for aaaaages but I'd love to contribute, and I'll be filling out the form this week, as soon as I have a decent idea - it sounds like an amazing project!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Also, just in case it wasn't clear by my description, the finished work will all be portrait, so please don't submit anything landscape. This might be negotiable if there is the option to have multiple pages, in which case I will try my hardest to have them spread across two.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

*bump*

Just wondering if there is anyone who may be interested in this, but hasn't yet seen or replied.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Sorry to triple post, but hardly anyone has expressed interest.

1) If you are too busy to fill in the form right now but still want to take part, just send me a quick 'I'm in' so I know how many I can expect.

2) If I don't get a few more people it will probably be called off for now, which would be a huge shame because everyone wants to see your art and share in the mooky joy.

Contributions CAN be minimal! If you just want a page with a photo of yourself (or your dog/pet rock/daffodil), your name (any name you like) and a few funny comments (such as the ones in most signatures) on a coloured background that's fine. The book will consist of other things as well as individual people's pages, so it's not just going to feel like a book of people's faces. I'm working on puzzles. I'm bad at crossword clues. There will be article suggestions and cut out and keeps and most of it is already underway. I really want this to have the same flavour the forums have, so whatever you think you have to contribute WE WANT IT!.

Honoured Mook

Date:

Just gonna bump this back up to recent posts in case anyone hasn't seen it yet.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Alright guys, extending the first deadline until September 1st. It doesn't matter how much, or how little, you think you've got. PM me with any ideas and be amazed at what I will probably say yes to.

Annointed Queen of Mook - Founder and Editor

Date:

Hi Emmi, just to say thank you so much on behalf of everyone for having this wonderful idea. All the support of each other in the mooky community never ceases to amaze me. If this lovely seed of an idea ends up being called off, nevertheless a big thanks to you and everyone else who contributed anyway. If it's still on, of course, I know we'll all find this lovely mooky book a source of comfort and inspiration. And if any more potential contributors are out there, I'm sure your efforts will make it all the better!

Hello from Mookychick's founder. www.mookychick.co.uk. @mookychick. Mookbook. Stuff. Writes things.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I'm really sorry for not submitting anything, I'd expected to have my computer set up by now but I've been mucked around and that hasn't really gone to plan and I don't know how to get this stuff done on an ipad. I hope this takes off at some point, even if people aren't able to take part at the moment, because it's such a lovely idea.

Harlan :-)

("they" pronouns please, mookyfolk)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

This idea is still going ahead. Sort of. I'll be sending more detailed information on how we'll proceed to those that have expressed interest, so it remains a surprise to the mooky community. But if anyone else thinks they might have a little something to offer, please get in touch.

Also, I'm still looking for answers to 'what makes you happy when you feel pooky?' and '52 mooky things to do'. Nearly there, but keep firing!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Last Call!

Mook Book is (essentially) finished. There are a few contributions that I'm waiting on. If you can email it to me within the next day, I might be able to get it in. If you email it to me, and then send a tea-making robot, I will definitely get it in.

Then, assuming all goes well, you can expect your shiny mook book to be available in the New Year...

Page 1 of 1  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us