Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Summery Scarf-ness

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
Summery Scarf-ness

My, it's hot!

It's hot and, funnily enough, my wardrobe contains a ridiculous amount of black. And warm things. I guess I must only buy new clothes when it's getting cold, because even my t-shirts are snug and warm. So much so that I've basically been lounging around the house wearing nothing for the past few days, and have been running around hilariously putting clothes on when MoT comes round at short notice!

Anyway, Tudor and I are going on holiday for a few days on the 4th. We're not going to the beach or anything (Leeds, in fact) but I really don't want to take with me all my too-hot clothing and spend all day drenched with sweat and wanting to go back to the hotel to shower. Urgh, not a good look. I don't really have the cash for a fabulous new summer wardrobe, but what I have just noticed is that I've amassed quite a few pretty looking, light scarves. The big square and rectangular kind, not little narrow ones.

Mooks! What can I DO with them? I'm planning on buying some plain white vests and then I can drape the scarves around my shoulders like shawls to be more interesting and try not to lobsterfy my extremely pale skin. One of my larger scarves I've had practice wrapping it in various ways to make a couple of dresses/tops/skirts, but I probably won't be able to wear it more than once because I'm a messy, mucky girl and will probably get stains on it after one wear.

Does anyone have any suggestions of things to do with large scarves and bits of fabric to make summery clothing-type things that DON'T involve cutting or sewing (as I'd like to keep them as they are for when autumn comes and they're pressed into neck-warming service again)?

Life Is A Mystery x Death Is Not = Angels and Eyeliner going to Hell hand in hand...

Mooky's Resident Cardinal of Awesomeness

Don't make me take the shades off...

Honoured Mook

Date:

I have nothing sensible to say about scarves, but yay Leeds! Leeds is where I live. If you fancy any recommendations for cool stuff in Leeds, give me a shout and I'll see if I can suggest anything.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

We're mostly going for museums and have all our activities sorted, but if you know of any tasty and not-expensive places to eat, that would be great. Even better if they're pretty close to the armouries or leeds city museum.

Life Is A Mystery x Death Is Not = Angels and Eyeliner going to Hell hand in hand...

Mooky's Resident Cardinal of Awesomeness

Don't make me take the shades off...

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Bar Burrito...is that it's name? It is in the city centre, like subway but mexican! I have no clue of it's actual location though cos I have only been once with Pickle.

Honoured Mook

Date:

On the Headrow in Leeds, and yes, it's delicious.

Honoured Mook

Date:

I was watching QI the other day, and apparently the idea that black is warmer than all the other colours is a myth, and the colour doesn't really make a difference.

Black clothes, live on.

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us