Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Do you feel your mental wellness has been helped by an online community?

Annointed Queen of Mook - Founder and Editor

Date:
Do you feel your mental wellness has been helped by an online community?

This just in from Diane Shipley (@dianeshipley), a feminist journalist friend of Jane Bradley who founded For Books' Sake. I don't know Diane personally, but Jane is utterly excellent. I'm sure her friends and contacts are excellent too.

So. This is from Diane, a journalist who is seeking:

"Young person in the UK whose mental health was helped by a virtual community with the same kind of issues. (This might be informally on Tumblr/social media, or on a website specifically designed for teens with mental illness.) Ideally they'd be 18/19 now and have been helped in the last 3 years. Quick phone chat needed, interviewee can be anonymous in the finished piece. If you might be interested/know anyone, please email: dianeshipleyworks@gmail.com Thanks!"

You can be fully anonymous of course. Jane is aware of how supportive everyone is on this forum, and when she heard from Diane she thought of you.

x

Hello from Mookychick's founder. www.mookychick.co.uk. @mookychick. Mookbook. Stuff. Writes things.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

How interesting! I sent off an email :)

Harlan :-)

("they" pronouns please, mookyfolk)

Annointed Queen of Mook - Founder and Editor

Date:

Oh hurrah! I am glad it was an interesting thing

Hello from Mookychick's founder. www.mookychick.co.uk. @mookychick. Mookbook. Stuff. Writes things.

Page 1 of 1  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us