Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Sex education in Scottish schools

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
Sex education in Scottish schools

Hi Mooks! There's not going to be any intelligent discussion from me here because I've never witnessed the level of sex ed in Scottish schools, but sex ed is severely lacking in most places, it seems. There's a petition to improve sex ed in Scotland that's making the rounds, so I figure Mooky is a good place to share! Have a look, maybe leave yerr wee signacherr (I tried) and cross your fingers that it'll get something to change. Thanks, mooks!

(linky link) xx

Harlan :-)

("they" pronouns please, mookyfolk)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I can't even remember much about my school sex education. I know it was a lot of focus on "being ready" and was tied into peer pressure, along with drugs and alcohol. No talk of non-hetero relationships beyond a cursory sort of thing like some people are gay.

Loving your attempt at Scottish accent

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Hahahaha what sex education? Signing!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^Excellent!

Thanks, Spikes ;) I know enough Scottish folks, I should've learnt by know how you lovelies talk, haha! Anyway yeah, my sex education was quite similar, although there was no mention of LGBT+ stuff.

Harlan :-)

("they" pronouns please, mookyfolk)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I think my school is a rare exception to the norm, because it's really starting to feel like I had an excellent (sexellent?) sex education there. (I'm in Ireland so this is deviating a bit, but still.) My brother's in the same school now, and some of you might remember me asking for advice a while ago about talking to him about sex because I knew my mam had decided that "that's his dad's job" (eyeroll/ crippling terror at the thoughts of Skittles ever attempting to talk to Bunny about sex, dear Jeebus please let me live that long so that it's not a ginormous mess!!) Anyway, when I talked to Astro, pretty much everything we discussed had already been discussed, in at least some detail, in his class. I remain impressed and hopeful about the world in general.

Just your friendly neighbourhood dork of epic proportions

Vegetarbles food blog

Assorted shite blog

Resident Lord of Tiny Stretches - Sir Chris the Lubey

Proud favouritest person of Indigo

Page 1 of 1  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us