Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: FemFics: New Digital Project (or, please help Capulett not fail her degree)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
FemFics: New Digital Project (or, please help Capulett not fail her degree)

No pressure.

Hello!

I am in my final year of an English and Creative Writing/Journalism Degree. For my final Creative Writing module I have been given the task to create a narrative through a digital platform. After much deliberation I have decided I want to use this power for GOOD and embark on a new, zine-esque enterprise that I am provisionally calling FemFics.

Because I have no techy know how, FemFics will be be a tumblr account guised as a zine about...FEMINISM.

This is where you all come in, (hopefully.) You are the most talented, well informed and unique bunch of humans that I know. What I need is content that can be about anything in the world of feminism, (or not, I don't even mind!). I'm looking for short stories (around 1,000 words), flash fiction, articles, poetry, crafty ideas, opinion pieces, outfit posts - pretty much anything you want!

I will be (a very relaxed) editor for the website (which does not yet exist, want to get content done first) as well as contributor.

Deadline for submissions will be April 3rd, but I can extend it if needed :)

I would really, really appreciate some help on this and can't think of any better folks to ask.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I'd be glad to help! What are ya after, just shortish submissions sent to your email or such?

Just your friendly neighbourhood dork of epic proportions

Vegetarbles food blog

Assorted shite blog

Resident Lord of Tiny Stretches - Sir Chris the Lubey

Proud favouritest person of Indigo

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I totally want to help out but I have no idea what to write about!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Same here! Anything in particular you were looking for?

too weak to labor on the farm

too indolent to do any exercise

too stupid for the bar

and

too immoral for the pulpit

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I'm happy to write you a little something! Will wait until you make some more suggestions of what so that I don't write something useless.

Tinker, tailor, soldier, sailor, rich man, poor man, beggar man, thief.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Yay! Things and people!

like, I am just looking for as much diverse content as possible. Short submissions sent to email is great and if you want to do anything a bit different, I'm fine with that too.

I'm thinking intersectionality in feminism, gender, mental health, physical health, work, lifestyle, how to guide. Really anything you feel like producing! I know its really broad but I just want a big of range of contributions as possible!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I have one or two things written for SPARK that I ended up never submitting. If I get my computer set up anytime soon I'll happily edit those and send them on :3 I kind of want to write something more relevant to who I am now as a feminist/person, though, so I will have a think xx

Harlan :-)

("they" pronouns please, mookyfolk)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

That would be awesome Pey thank you! xo

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Will definitely have a brainstorm for you. :)

Souljacker can't get my soul

Left my carcass with the worms and moles

Souljacker can't get my soul

He can hang my neck from the old flagpole

But the souljacker can't get my soul.

Silly Whore.

Regular Crew

Date:

I will have a think and try and write something for you, probably about feminism and LGBT stuff :)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I shall try and think up a way of doing the outfit post one, perhaps a kind of genderfluid based thing? And obviously if I come up with anything else I shall send it your way. Actually, I have some ideas also some pictures I took for a college project on gender. 

-- Edited by Florie on Friday 21st of March 2014 10:55:51 AM

Florian xxx 

Dont you ever, Stop being dandy, showing me you're handsome. 

He/they pronouns pls

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I keep wanting to do something around feminism and being a stay-at-home mum. Having a choice because Feminism and having a choice because Money. Or something like that.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Guys all of your ideas sound fantastic and, I love it. Go with your creative instinctssssss.

Ps. Spikey, Do that do that do that, that's perfect.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I will get on with a bit of research

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I'm writing a piece for a mate's blog which will mainly be about the need for women-only spaces (obviously for *anybody* who identifies as a woman - I just feel the need to clarify that, because sometimes you hear of people setting up women-only spaces for 'women-born' people, which is gross and transphobic). I would be more than happy to submit it to you, but I'm not sure if it would be okay if it were published elsewhere. If it were a problem, I could alter the original piece a little bit so that what I submit to you isn't a carbon copy. What do you think?

edit: oops, just noticed the deadline was yesterday. I'm starting this piece today and hope to have it done by Monday at the very latest!

-- Edited by Indigo Empress on Friday 4th of April 2014 01:04:56 PM

"You're a tough cookie, but all cookies are crumbly sometimes, that however, makes them no less of a cookie, and they're just as good as any other cookie." ~Indiana Jones

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Hiya, I wanted to have everything submitted by now but it's not really panned out that way. I have until the 17th so just fire anything my way up until that point xo

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I'm typing mine the now (sorry, I honestly thought you had said April 4th as deadline). I'm swithering between it being an opinion piece (noone has Feminist choice to stay at home unless they have luxury of a high earning partner) and a straight forward comparison...I keep getting annoyed at statistics so I see it being an opinion piece.

Every time I say opinion piece I think of the scene in Almost Famous "it's a think piece. About a mid-level band struggling with their own limitations in the harsh face of stardom."

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Oh dear, I forgot all about this, I'm sorry :( I'm not in a great headspace right now so I really don't know if I can offer you anything aside from deep dark complicated opinion crap. I'll try to get in something small though, I really want to help you not fail your degree!

Just your friendly neighbourhood dork of epic proportions

Vegetarbles food blog

Assorted shite blog

Resident Lord of Tiny Stretches - Sir Chris the Lubey

Proud favouritest person of Indigo

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ It's cool guys just take your time.

Also Chris don't worry too much about it, I'm not really in the headspace to be putting all this together. hahahaha. woe.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Right guys, I have a week to pull this off and suddenly the fear/motivation has set in.
SEND ME THINGS.

Don't worry about quality, quantity, I am not asking for master pieces, I just want your help to have as much original content as possible. Send anything and everything to FemFics@gmail.com.

You are all so talented, let me see it!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Sending as soon as i get downstairs once Beansprout is asleep. X

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ I love ya!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Did it send ok?

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Got it! Thank you so so so soooooo much!

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I'm sorry I haven't submitted anything :( I have been to tired and thick headed to write anything. Hope your project is going well Cap!

Tinker, tailor, soldier, sailor, rich man, poor man, beggar man, thief.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

You got mail! sorry it took so long, hope it's okay xx

"You're a tough cookie, but all cookies are crumbly sometimes, that however, makes them no less of a cookie, and they're just as good as any other cookie." ~Indiana Jones

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

FemFics is up and running if anyone wants to have a look: www.femfics.tumblr.com

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us