Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: My school outlaws colorful hairdye?

Regular Crew

Date:
My school outlaws colorful hairdye?

So, my wonderful school has a rule outlawing colorful hairdye. Any whatsoever. no One person got midnight blue streaks, and they had her dye all her hair black. >< I love the daylights out of my school, but I wish they'd change that rule.

But I digress.  

So I can dye my hair colors that exist as hair in the natural world, but not ones that exist in flowers and trees and the like, let alone the shades of bubblegum pink and turquoise towards which I lust. As soon as I get through high school, I shall bleach all the naturalness out of my hair and dye it turquoise and pink at the tips. Kind of like this cake but in reverse. 

So any suggestions on fun quirky colors I can dye my hair? I'm not concerned about it drying out due to bleach, it's naturally a bit oily and will be a welcome change! I was thinking about strawberry blonde with blonde highlights, but I'm not sure. confuse

Seeing as I inherited the skintone of my Cuban relatives, straight up orange-red hair does not suit me, but I do love anything pinkish and so if you know of any hair dyes that result in a pinkish toned brown or blonde, please tell me. I have had black hair before, but I'd like to do something new. 

As is I look like this, if you can recommend me a color that will flatter my skintone it would make me happy. 

This is my cat. Her name is Ziggy Stardust (because I didn&#8217;t think Bowie would give a flying fork if I named a female cat after him) and she is very sweet. I do love her, I do! 

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken. 

Runic Mook of the North (mod)

Date:

Dye it in stripes and circles to match the fur of your pretty cat!

"So what you are saying is -I shouldn't play with fire" she said at last. "Of course you should" said One-Eye gently. "But don't be surprised if the fire play back." -Joanne Harris

Regular Crew

Date:

Speaking a fellow person of olive skin and is of cuban descent as well, I feel your pain of hair dyes not looking flattering.

It's not strawberry blonde, but what about dying your hair red? Not Rhianna red, but a brownish red?

They/Them pronouns plox

~Essick's tumblr~Essick's website~

Regular Crew

Date:

I'll relay that complement back to her! biggrin She's a rescue cat; her name is Ziggy Stardust. She's very affectionate and enjoys eating everything including raisins. 

I might actually do that though, just get a load of different colors and go all out. >< 

Regular Crew

Date:

I may give that a go! Now I can consider a few options. Thanks so much for responding!

Honoured Mook

Date:

Yep, I think brownish red would look lovely.

Regular Crew

Date:

I just sat down to let the dark red dye in my hair settle in. I'll post a photo after I rinse the dye out. :)

Thank you all! This should be lots of fun! biggrin

-- Edited by LucieYasmina on Friday 27th of December 2013 05:48:49 PM

Regular Crew

Date:

Do they allow natural colors that are in unnatural combinations? I think dark brown with blonde streaks look lovely, as would the whole ombre thing.

Baby Mook

Date:

I was going to post a meaningful response, but now you've gone for dark red all I'm going to say is that cat is amazing.

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us