Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Night in the Woods

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
Night in the Woods

I found something awesome. It's called "Night in the Woods" and it sounds like a really cool game. Plus, it has a cool female main character who isn't sexy, or even particularly feminine. And a gay couple. And mysteries and paranormal powers and shit.
It'll be a while yet until it's out, but hey, we can fund it so it happens :D

What do you think? Does anyone know any other games similar to this?

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

That looks awesome! I especially like the look of the main character.

I don't think I've seen any games quite like that before. It reminds me somewhat of games by Tale of Tales, particularly The Path, but maybe that's just because of the woods, the fact that you're entering a world where the character already exist and have their own personalities, it's about growing up, and it doesn't neatly fit into any one genre.

But I will be backing this fo' sho', and I can't wait for it to come out!

Annointed Queen of Mook - Founder and Editor

Date:

If you're looking for a video game that's really inclusive, I 100% recommend "Gone Home", you'll find it on Steam. It's an indie game made by two of the folk who made Bioshock and my god it is so interesting. I will have to review it at some point.

Edit: It's not cute though. Not by any means. It is not even remotely trying to be cute. "Night in the Woods" sounds inclusive *and* cute, I really look forward to seeing it :)

-- Edited by Magda Mookychick on Friday 25th of October 2013 12:50:55 PM

Hello from Mookychick's founder. www.mookychick.co.uk. @mookychick. Mookbook. Stuff. Writes things.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

This looks really good, and it's so cuuute! I can't wait to see/hear more :D

Harlan :-)

("they" pronouns please, mookyfolk)

Regular Crew

Date:

The Blackwell games are pretty good. It's not cute but isn't horrible and has a smart female protagonist who has to solve paranormal mysteries.

This is the write up from Steam:

"In the Blackwell Legacy, you are introduced to Rosangela as she meets Joey Mallone for the first time and is called upon to investigate a series of mysterious suicides at a local university. An enigmatic killer and a string of seemingly unconnected accidents set the background for Blackwell Unbound. Blackwell Convergence will have you investigating a film premiere that hides a bloody past. In Blackwell Deception youll investigate why the customers of various street psychics seem to die under very mysterious circumstances. And finally, in Blackwell Epiphany, you will find out the true reason why Rosa became a medium, and her ultimate destiny"

You can get the bundle for 7.75 at the moment (70% off)

I've played all but the last one and really enjoyed them aww

I miss the comfort in being sad

Baby Mook

Date:

I work on Essay-Mania.com as a consultant . Here you will find everything about writing and be able to improve your writing skills . On Essay-Mania you will find writing tips and best writing advice. You will learn how to become a good writer. Go through academic routine with a smile.

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us