Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Manic Panic Without Bleach?

Seasoned Mookster

Date:
Manic Panic Without Bleach?

Hey,i wanna use this color of Manic Panic,but i dont wanna get my hair bleached and my hair color is black right now(naturally black).Is it possible? I watched a video about it and it just say to wait till 30 minutes,not 15 or 20 like it says on its instruction book.

Also how long can i use it? I want to use it till 1 month cause our school will start in 16th of September (and i will dye it at 18th of August).Any advices?

doctor__i_puke_rainbowz_c__by_supremesonrio-d3fsuxe_zps4e836e85.gif

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

It might just give your hair a blue tint but your hair will still be extremely dark. Manic panic doesn't lighten colour.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I used that blue when my hair was already very dark (near black with a slight purple tint) without bleaching first. Left it on for quite a while (I don't remember how long half an hour seems about right) and it turned out black with a bluer tint when the light hit it. It looked cool, in my opinion. The only problem was that within a few washes it seemed to be going back to what it already was. Bleaching would probably give it a bit more staying power. Of course, if you only want a (very) temporary thing or you're prepared to top it up every other wash that might not be a problem for you.

Life Is A Mystery x Death Is Not = Angels and Eyeliner going to Hell hand in hand...

Mooky's Resident Cardinal of Awesomeness

Don't make me take the shades off...

Honoured Mook

Date:

Yep it'll work to give it a slight tint, especially in bright light, as the others said. For Manic Panic you can leave it on as long as you like - there is no bleach/harsh chemicals in it that hurt your hair - so since you have very dark hair I'd leave it on for an hour or so.

Manic Panic does wash out fairly quick - especially when you haven't used bleach, and even more so when your hair is already so dark -- so it'll last a week at most I'd say. I bleached my medium-brown hair to blonde (streaks) and then used Purple Haze (medium to dark purple) and found it fading within a week, and gone within 3 weeks. A separate time, without the bleach (on natural hair), it lasted perhaps a week and a half before all of it was washed out. If you wash your hair less it will help keep the color longer.

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

I just used a similar colour (but it was Special FX) on Marlowe's hair. We bleached some bits, and left the rest of it very dark brown, which is his natural colour. Then I covered his head in the blue dye and left it for a while. Having the "highlights" meant that the whole thing looks really blue even though we only bleached a really tiny amount of hair. So maybe that's a possibility for you?

Stalk me on my blog, I guess? xxx

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^^^ Wow, you didn't bleach all of Marlowe's hair? It looks really good considering you left bits and how dark his hair is! Very blue!

too weak to labor on the farm

too indolent to do any exercise

too stupid for the bar

and

too immoral for the pulpit

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

We bleached the whole beard (which everyone says you shouldn't do, but we were very careful, and did a patch test), but yeah, I just bleached him some "cool-guy tips" when it came to his head hair, so the blue would show through on the ends. His hair takes dye really well, it turns out!

Stalk me on my blog, I guess? xxx

Page 1 of 1  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us