Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: This is what happened when a student started a feminist society at her school. Horrible. Is there anything we can do?

Date:
This is what happened when a student started a feminist society at her school. Horrible. Is there anything we can do?

This is what happened when a student started a feminist society at her school.

It is horrible. Is there anything we could do about it to aid or support Jinan in some way?

Mookface (mod)

Date:

I know it's not hugely hands on, but we could write letters of support? I know if I were her I'd appreciate some backing!

-- Edited by Antonym on Friday 21st of June 2013 06:42:43 PM

Mookface (mod)

Date:

In fact, could we try and start a campaign of support letters from all the feminist websites? Like, mobilise as a giant feminist transformer?

-- Edited by Antonym on Friday 21st of June 2013 06:51:32 PM

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
RE: This is what happened when a student started a feminist society at her school. Horrible. Is there anything we can do

I love that idea!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Me too.

Life Is A Mystery x Death Is Not = Angels and Eyeliner going to Hell hand in hand...

Mooky's Resident Cardinal of Awesomeness

Don't make me take the shades off...

Lush Guru

Date:

Maybe try and start it trending on twitter as well? hashtagsftw.

Seasoned Mookster

Date:
This is what happened when a student started a feminist society at her school. Horrible. Is there anything we can do?

I think showing support through letters and social media is good idea.. I kind of wish there was something more though? Petitions or something?

-- Edited by PoisonedApple on Saturday 22nd of June 2013 04:14:43 PM

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
RE: This is what happened when a student started a feminist society at her school. Horrible. Is there anything we can do

Her personal twitter is @Svetlana_Bob so we can offer her support in 140 characters bursts there, not sure about anything more elaborate but I'd love to let her know we have her back.

Souljacker can't get my soul

Left my carcass with the worms and moles

Souljacker can't get my soul

He can hang my neck from the old flagpole

But the souljacker can't get my soul.

Silly Whore.

Annointed Queen of Mook - Founder and Editor

Date:

Thank you Ruby! This is one lovely thing that others are doing:

http://thegirlgod.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/support-jinan-younis-other-young.html

I'm not quite sure how to set up a support campaign at this stage but it's a great idea...

Hello from Mookychick's founder. www.mookychick.co.uk. @mookychick. Mookbook. Stuff. Writes things.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Letters sound like a nice idea, I don't think I have any books on feminism to give away. Maybe an invitation to join Mookychick too?

Tumblr

Regular Crew

Date:

I know I shouldn't, but I always stifle a chuckle when guys are so quick to call random women bitches, even though they're almost always the ones doing the bitching. Then again, it's better than getting arrested again, so I probably shouldn't worry too much. BTW, if you get coffee thrown at you, you can legally defend yourself. In my experience, most women have greater athletic efficacy than most men, especially ones that appear to be in decent shape, like the ones in the picture, so I'd opt for that over risking actually getting struck by something. In general, most people who are decent at violence, as well as thusly inclined, understand how to not draw attention to themselves, and are usually not quite as insecure as the clowns described.

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us