Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: I have no clue what to do with my hair

Honoured Mook

Date:
I have no clue what to do with my hair

So my hair is about shoulder length and flips at the end, and I honestly do not know what I'm to do with it. The only thing I do is straighten it to prevent the flip. I miss my long hair so much, but I also love how short hair is easily maintained. Blehhh help is there any "up do"s that anyone has heard of? I would greatly appreciate it!I'll put up pictures if I get a chance.

And when you cry, Ill be right there telling you,

You were never anything less than beautiful. 

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

When my hair was longer and did the awkward flicky thing, I found it easier to do pin curls every night and leave it all to go curly/wavy than to straighten it out (the flicks always came back anyway, too much time in the wind and rain). It didn't take me long, and it only took me one night to work out how to put the bobby pins so that I didn't feel them when I was asleep. The first time I did it I wrapped my hair around my fingers, two fingers for shoulder length or longer, one when I cut it shorter, or whatever you think looks best (the more fingers you use, the looser the curl, three would probably look more like a wave than a ringlet). I put a tiny bit of mousse in occasionally, but it didn't really need it. Pin it all up in curls, trying to make sure they're as flat as possible so you don't stab yourself in the night, and then put on a little hat or a scarf to keep everything in place. If you don't want to go to bed with damp hair, you can give it a quick blast with a hairdryer (some people don't want to do this for too long in case the metal pins heat up, I never had a problem with this but you might) and then go to sleep. In the morning, you could give it a bit of a spritz with hairspray (nothing too rigid) before taking all the pins out and separating them a little with your fingers. Then, the next night if you don't wash your hair every day, just pin it up again using the curls as a guide. That way it looks pretty much the same every day. If you get into the habit of doing it, you can get it done in much less time than it takes to straighten it (I can get all mine into pins in the time it takes my sister's curlers to heat up now).

Another thing to do with it would be to brush it back into a ponytail (all of it, or leaving your fringe as you prefer) and then when you pull the hair through the band the last time, leave it folded under. Then the flicks aren't visible and it looks more interesting than a normal pony but with the same amount of work.

Bun rings are getting popular again, and if you get the right size any length of hair you can get into a ponytail will work with them. They take a bit of practice to get perfect if you're doing it by yourself (it takes some careful mirror work to be able to see that the ring is hidden by your hair if you can't just ask someone) and might be a bit too high maintenance for every day. Then again, my experience of them is from Latin and Ballroom dance competitions, in which a whole pack of bobby pins and a canister of hairspray was put on every head to keep it in place, along with a small mountain of diamantes, flowers, glitter spray and god knows what else. If you don't want to keep it rigid on your head whilst jiving for the sixth time in a couple of hours, you might just want a couple of bobby pins and a decorative hair clip.

Life Is A Mystery x Death Is Not = Angels and Eyeliner going to Hell hand in hand...

Mooky's Resident Cardinal of Awesomeness

Don't make me take the shades off...

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

There's alot you can do with mid lenght hair! Several great suggestions above.

One 'up do' that i like at the moment (my hairs mid lenght at the moment too) is to section a small amount of hair on each side of my head at the front, plait them and then, with the rest of my hair, pull it all into a low bun at the back. It just makes a basic bun look more interesting but only takes a few seconds more.

Have you got any styles/eras of fashion that your into? Might help me think of some things that might be to your taste.

Honoured Mook

Date:

Thank you guys for all the great suggestion. Sorry it has taken me so long to respond,but with final exams and everything I've been a bit hectic. I really love the ideas though and can't wait to try them.

And when you cry, Ill be right there telling you,

You were never anything less than beautiful. 

Page 1 of 1  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us