Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Getting Dressed For A Wedding?

Regular Crew

Date:
Getting Dressed For A Wedding?

It probably sounds weird, but I'm going to a wedding dance for the first time ever,  so I'm quite nervous about what to wear. This is the party part, so I figure a mistake will not be such a big deal.... 

Basically, I almost always wear darker clothes and tend to vamp just a bit when I dress up. I'm trying to decide whether to buy a brighter colored/patterned dress - this is also one of my few chances to pick up some quirky stockings while I'm in town. (In case that sounded strange, I'm a bit of a loner farm girl, so opps. to wear fun things are limited.)

What I have is dark purple, cap sleeves, modest v-neck (above breasts), maybe 2 inches above my knees; black nylons; burgundy dress shoes, small heel; simple siler necklace w/ mother of pearl crab (my Cancer crab). 

I tend to wear brown eyeshadow, if any, and medium to dark pink lipstick.

Sounds okay, horrible, or should I scrap it and buy something lighter?

Booky Mooky (mod)

Date:

I think that sounds absolutely fine! There's not usually any colours specified for a wedding (though you don't want to match the bride, that would be awkward), and past weddings that I've attended, guests have often worn dark blue, green or purple. In conclusion, don't worry about it and have fun.

-Proud (and fertile!) Mooky Grandfather-

Regular Crew

Date:

That's a relief! Thank you :). I do think I'll pick up some better tights, though. I'm bad for getting runs!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Here's the thing - at weddings, everyone's busy looking at the bride and crying, so nobody will much mind what you wear yourself. The key is comfort - if you're happy and feel pretty, if you're not too warm or cold, or dying of shoe-related injuries, then congratulations, you've done it perfectly!

Just your friendly neighbourhood dork of epic proportions

Vegetarbles food blog

Assorted shite blog

Resident Lord of Tiny Stretches - Sir Chris the Lubey

Proud favouritest person of Indigo

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I like the sound of it and as Chris said, nobody is going to notice too much unless you've stolen the bride's dress and veil. It sounds pretty to me but if you want to keep it a bit more neutral, maybe just go for the lighter lipstick - it's a small thing, but it can make a big impact on your overall look.

Harlan :-)

("they" pronouns please, mookyfolk)

Regular Crew

Date:

Heya, I thought a follow-up to end this post would be nice, so, thank you all for your advice! The dance was great, 'specially as it's the first time I got to dance socially, had a few yummy shots and basically went on a date with my dress, which I have fallen madly in love with. We're getting married in August. I know it seems quick, but we've been skirting around each other for three years, and it seemed time to seal the deal. I may be rhyming slightly, and that would be what's left of the drambuie.

Moral of the story: stop worrying about your damned dress and dance like nobody cares... :)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^Always a good moral.

Life Is A Mystery x Death Is Not = Angels and Eyeliner going to Hell hand in hand...

Mooky's Resident Cardinal of Awesomeness

Don't make me take the shades off...

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us