Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Reasons to be Proud Of Yourself

Honoured Mook

Date:
RE: Reasons to be Proud Of Yourself

I've got three close friends with birthdays in early July; today, I am sorting out all of their birthday gifts in advance, and ahead of schedule! (I am notoriously bad about sending greeting cards, so this is a bit of a small miracle.)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I sat through 4/5 hours of tattooing without flinching :D

"I'm a time lord and I can like travel all around space and through time and shit" he replied kindly.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I got through today on 2-3 hours of sleep, woo!

"You're a tough cookie, but all cookies are crumbly sometimes, that however, makes them no less of a cookie, and they're just as good as any other cookie." ~Indiana Jones

Honoured Mook

Date:

In the last month I have managed to cut down on ciggarettes and weed, and I managed to quit my antidepressants.

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

My blog

My Tumblr 

My Twitter

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I didn't let myself give up in the gym just because I wanted to. I had a break then got right back on the cross-trainer. :D

He'll always be there singing songs in my head.

I believe in Sherlock Holmes.

Honoured Mook

Date:

I feel like such a success,
I'm renovating a house, got a new job, still doing my fire eating shows as a hobby...
Everything is amazing right now and I've done it all without help.
PLUS I haven't cut or purged in 3 months

Lights Fires in the Genitals of Mooks Everywhere.

Tumblr

Facebook

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Sara-you ARE a success! Congrats! [also,what's your new job?]

Dave.

New posters should read "So you joined Mooky" in the FAQ forum. Or Matt Bellamy on an armoured flying unicorn shall smite you. With lasers! \m/

Mooky's Resident Emperor!

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

About a year ago everything felt like it was spiralling out of control. I couldn't cope with going back to uni, my mental health was bad, I was in a relationship that did not make me happy, I didn't know what I wanted to do with my life, I was full of anxiety about so many things.

This year I'm going back to uni, Im feeling a lot better within myself, I left that relationship and am now in a wonderful relationship that makes me feel so happy and loved, is exciting and has given me confidence, I know what I want to do, where I want to go from here and have gained experience in those fields, I am no longer afraid to do so many things, Ive made new friends, have gotten back in touch with old ones and am moving out of home soon... I am proud that I've gotten myself into a better place and am very grateful to everyone who has helped me.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I'm writing some awesome poetry!

"I'm a time lord and I can like travel all around space and through time and shit" he replied kindly.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I worked this morning, went swimming (outside! It was beautiful and cold!), had a very inspiring working sushi lunch, then bought pretty things and am now organising my room/life.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Fenix dropped a massive bombshell on me about something that happened 8 months ago and I'm really proud of myself because I think I handled it pretty gracefully. I was articulate and I wasn't cruel when we were falling out over it, which is usually a problem for me. Equally I'm proud of him, because he was able to reign in his usual cruddy behavior in arguments and actually apologised, comforted me, told me his issues and let me say mine without trying to dig his way out of it.

So yeah, a big betrayal happened 8/9 months ago. But we weren't together. I don't speak to the girl involved anymore, and I actually think it's taught us how to listen to and respect each other. Weird.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I went to the gym today and didn't give up even when I wanted to! I did a 45 minute kettlebells class and with the exception of missing out a set so I could get some more water down my throat (never felt more like I was going to throw up, luckily the fans turned on to cool me down) I'm really proud of myself for not wimping out and for signing up to go again next week even though I could hardly walk afterwards.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I helped all day and I didn't cry.

''Just when I discovered the meaning of life, they changed it.'' George Carlin

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

im one lb off my goal of 2 stone by my tattoo date

so what if i love each feather an each spangle, why not try an see things from a different angle?

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I made my own appointment for the dentist despite being terrified of making adult phonecalls and the dentist.

Forget the horror here.

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I made a list of songs I can play from start to finish and there's more than I thought. I COULD PLAY A LITTLE GIG (but not really because they'd sound better with a band and I'd probably pass out from the shock of playing for people other than my family...)

Tumblr

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

<blockquote><b>charmer wrote:</b><hr>
<p style="font-style: italics">I made a list of songs I can play from start to finish and there's more than I thought. I COULD PLAY A LITTLE GIG (but not really because they'd sound better with a band and I'd probably pass out from the shock of playing for people other than my family...)</p>
<hr></blockquote><p></p>

I'd go see that gig! Well done,Natasha,keep at it. You'll be Allison Robertson Jnr yet!

Dave.

New posters should read "So you joined Mooky" in the FAQ forum. Or Matt Bellamy on an armoured flying unicorn shall smite you. With lasers! \m/

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

You say that but I can't play a single Donnas song except for the opening riff of Fall Behind Me...I never knew Donnas songs would be so hard until I got a guitar of my own!

Tumblr

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Practice makes perfect,though!

Dave.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Congrats Sara!

After many years of work I can officially say my self-esteem is at a healthy level. In part I have all you Mooks to thank for that which I can't thank you enough. I'm extremely comfortable and satisfied with who I am; I don't take anyone talking down to me or trying to take advantage of me. True I may have lost many family members along the way and a few who still judge my life decisions but I'm happy and that's what is important in the whole scheme of things.

Coffee, the finest organic suspension ever devised. ~Star Trek: Voyager

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Taking no shit from anyone and being your own woman are indeed traits of your re-animated undead assassin namesake. Told you you are awesome. :)

Dave.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Thanks ShadowKing!

Coffee, the finest organic suspension ever devised. ~Star Trek: Voyager

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Tonight, Mr. Grumpy and I decided we will do one more day of volunteer work and then we'll stop. I also registered on the Red Cross list and signed the papers allowing a counselor to call me regularly to see how I'm doing. This way, I can get help in two weeks or two months or six months. I'm on the list so there will be someone to listen if I need it. As you probably know, I'm always ready to help but I don't ask help very often so it's a big step for me.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^^ Good for you Wyno - I'm glad to hear this :)

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I have knitted one entire sock! And it fits and has no noticable holes (little bit loose where I turned the heel but it will not affect the function of the sock.) :D Just got to knit it's lover now.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Wyno, I'm really pleased to read that you reached out to someone for help. I know it can be difficult when you're always the one helping out other people, so I think you did really well in doing this.

Lulu, I am impressed! I don't even know how to cast on, so knitting a sock sounds incredibly difficult. Well done!

Piglet, I'm delighted to read that you didn't get squashed. I've had a few almost-squishings when riding my bike and it's pretty scary to be so exposed when everyone else is in cars and often not looking out for cyclists.

Today, I'm proud of myself for getting out of bed at a reasonable hour. It seems like a small achievement, admittedly, but I find it very difficult to persuade myself to get up when I feel this way...but there I was, awake at 8.30, washed and dressed by 9.45. I think it's been easier because Robbie's been up early for rehearsals (he's acting in a show next week). Normally, the alarm goes off, I wake up and don't want to get out of bed, then see him tucked up in there and fast asleep and stay there with him because he looks cosy. It just looks so much more appealing that getting out of bed!

xxx Eve

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

SI/anxiety

Spoiler

-- Edited by Indigo Empress on Wednesday 17th of July 2013 01:07:49 PM

"You're a tough cookie, but all cookies are crumbly sometimes, that however, makes them no less of a cookie, and they're just as good as any other cookie." ~Indiana Jones

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Aenigma wrote:

^^ Good for you Wyno - I'm glad to hear this :)

Seconded. :)

Dave.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^Thank you Claire, Eve and Dave. xx

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Indigo Empress wrote:

SI/anxiety

Spoiler

-- Edited by Indigo Empress on Wednesday 17th of July 2013 01:07:49 PM

Wow, that's really impressive! It's very difficult to pull yourself back from that point, and you did incredibly well to do so. That is an excellent reason to be proud of yourself.

I'm proud of myself today because when I went to the beach with my Mum today, not only did I manage to eat with her (I find that very difficult for various reasons)...I ate chips! My tummy wasn't happy about it, but I ate some, and it feels like a big achievement.

xxx Eve

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us