Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Reasons to be Proud Of Yourself

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
Reasons to be Proud Of Yourself

The title says it all. I feel like I, for one, focus on the negatives/reasons to dislike myself...so maybe we need a thread to congratulate ourselves on the things we do :)

I successfully did my burlesque piece and finished another semeter at SAIC!

Facebook: Personal | Public

ModelMayhem

Tumblr

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I've survived my degree, and I'm probably going to graduate with a 1st.

too weak to labor on the farm

too indolent to do any exercise

too stupid for the bar

and

too immoral for the pulpit

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I done a weeny bit of studying today. Which is a lot better than the no studying I've been doing recently so gold star for me, wahoo!

Booky Mooky (mod)

Date:

I'm getting 2:1s in the two modules I have disliked struggled with the most this year, and tomorrow I finish second year.

-Proud (and fertile!) Mooky Grandfather-

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I am proud of the fact that I struggled for the first few weeks but that I am now confidently feeding Beansprout. Still some minor hitches to iron out but public feeding is no longer a daunting thing (and I did so in a busy pub the other night) :)

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

Excellent idea for a thread, Immmmmmmmmmyyyy!!!!!!

I am proud of myself because this evening I spent an hour counselling a crying homeless man who needed someone to talk to on the street in the middle of London. He was an alcoholic and was in an extremely, extremely bad way. I don't want to have to put trigger warnings and sad things in this happy thread, but I'm sure you can get the gist of what sort of upsetting things I heard about when we were talking. I had no money to give him and he didn't ask for any - he just wanted someone to talk to. Marlowe, my friend Epée and I sat and listened to his story, I prompted him with some questions to try to work out whether we could help him, whether we could take him anywhere or call anyone for him. In the end, he laughed with us, and told us we'd given him hope. It was a very very intense and emotional evening, especially since there wasn't anything we could do to help him, but I am going to concentrate on the fact that we gave him what he needed and I think I dealt with it well. So yeah... proudddd!

Stalk me on my blog, I guess? xxx

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ that is so lovely. And excellent thread idea Immy.
I'm proud of my self because I have decided to do something proactive about how I'm feeling about college and art in general. I'm going to do a lot more of my own stuff as I'm unhappy with things I produce at college. I'm re-arranging my room so that I can do thing without having to be around my family. I also have told my family that I find it difficult to be around people constantly so I need more time and space to myself. I also told them I would like to move out when it would be possible for me to do so.

Florian xxx 

Dont you ever, Stop being dandy, showing me you're handsome. 

He/they pronouns pls

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I love the thread and I think Candi story is absolutely beautiful.

I'm proud of myself because every day I try to make 20 kids grow, learn and smile. For seven hours a day, I do all I can to give them a safe place where they can feel proud of themselves and where someone takes the time to take care of them. It's not easy. More than half of them have learning disabilities. A couple of them have anxiety problems because their lives are tough and they have to deal with things they shouldn't even know exist. Sometimes they don't eat enough, sometimes they don't sleep because their parents are fighting all night. My goal is to see each and everyone of them smile at least one time a day. So far, since the beginning of school year, I reached my goal every day.

''Just when I discovered the meaning of life, they changed it.'' George Carlin

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

im proud of how far ive come in the past year or two, im more focused and peacefull than ever before, ive realised (with A LOT of help from you guys) my own worth and im determined to follow through on all my goals

plus im a fucking good hand sewer :)

so what if i love each feather an each spangle, why not try an see things from a different angle?

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

I've started socializing more and making the effort to talk to new people, and whilst I still get anxious and worried it's nowhere near as bad as it was. Yay!

She's the kind of girl who looks for love in all the lonely places
The kind who comes to poker pockets stuffed with kings and aces

My tumblargh

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I went on a train by myself yesterday! Twice!

Liv

My Tumblr :)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I've been so awful with getting stuff done lately, so I had 2 cards, a letter and 3 packages to send and I got them sent off today! I've got 2 more packages to send which I'll hopefully get done tomorrow. It's such a relief.

Harlan :-)

("they" pronouns please, mookyfolk)

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

I am proud of all of you!

Stalk me on my blog, I guess? xxx

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I'm cast in the SAIC Graduate fashion show!!

Facebook: Personal | Public

ModelMayhem

Tumblr

Honoured Mook

Date:

I made some pretty smoke effects for a class a month ago and now I am working on pretty underwater effects. I make pretty things.  I like making pretty things.

I am also responsible with money, and I am proud of being passionate about womens rights(even though I'm politically exhausted atm). I am proud I manage to drag myself out of bed every weekday morning to go to school and ACTUALLY WORK, staying mostly ON SCHEDULE, since a month ago I though that was something i wouldn't have the energy to keep up. 

Tumbling around

Tweet Tweet!

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Honoured Mook

Date:

Handed in my dissertation last week, and now I'm finishing my end of year project. It'll be ready to hand in tomorrow, then I don't have any other assignments to hand in, I just have to turn up to my degree show!

I've also been a bit crafty today and have made some bookmarks by cutting pictures out of magazines and newspapers and strengthening them with some cardboard. Now I'm moving onto making a little animal plushie!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Today I have had a sex, baked a cake, been to see a friend, swum 40 lengths, done a big pile of washing up and cooked a cottage pie, and in an hour or so I'm off to a beer event. It's been a productive day and I am happy.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I want a reason to put in here :(

"I'm a time lord and I can like travel all around space and through time and shit" he replied kindly.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Bruce has been an absolute cunt to me today, totally out of line and I've been the mature one and haven't sunk to his level.
I even ever so sweetly asked him for my laptop charger that he was cheeky enough to use.

Forget the horror here.

Honoured Mook

Date:

^^Rachel, how about that you were brave during your tattoo, and got it done in one session?

^ Martha, I've been picking up on that in some of your posts, guessed it was Bruce. Good on you for not getting caught up in that behaviour. It's a lot easier to turn the other cheek when there's someone special to turn towards. Congrats!

Regular Crew

Date:

This thread is beautiful!
I'm proud of myself because being social is really hard and scary but I've been trying to do it anyways

After the snowmelt and after the rain,

Out of the ground a hand came

And drew me a picture

And wrote me a poem

And touched my face gently

And pointed me home.

- Shel Silverstein

tumblr

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I did my Renaissance literature exam this morning, and I feel like I did well despite all my panicking :)

Liv

My Tumblr :)

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I managed to stop myself panicking during my exam. :) When I felt palpatations starting I did my breathing exercises and calmed myself down without bringing attention to myself. :)

He'll always be there singing songs in my head.

I believe in Sherlock Holmes.

Honoured Mook

Date:

My project is submitted! And the body and head of my animal plushie is finished!

Lush Guru

Date:

I said no to going out tonight, because I know it's the right thing to do for my mental and physical health and I don't feel bad about it! (Well, only a little bit).

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^Well done on doing what's best for you! Saying no can be so hard, I'm glad you put your own wellbeing first.

I had a big spring clean yesterday. My room was so awful, I haven't slept in there since January and it just turned into a dumping ground. Now it's lovely and tidy. Photo proof here: http://quackdown.tumblr.com/post/50023924443 (sorry, can't link on my ipad). I walked into my room this morning and I'd forgotten it was clean, I was so confused for a second.

Harlan :-)

("they" pronouns please, mookyfolk)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Paula's room. Carpet now a foot higher. ;)

Dave.

New posters should read "So you joined Mooky" in the FAQ forum. Or Matt Bellamy on an armoured flying unicorn shall smite you. With lasers! \m/

Mooky's Resident Emperor!

Honoured Mook

Date:

I finished cutting most of the fabric I need to turn a cheap umbrella into a parasol. Maybe it will even be finished in time for WGT. Not that I want to show off or anything, it's just that I'll be out and about most of the time and I like my pale skin, as well as some portable shade because I'm not that fond of heat.
The only thing that's missing are ribbons for framing the lacy bits. Red red red red ribbons.
(No, I didn't spend all day listening to the Sisters, why would you think such a thing? :P )

You don't know me.
Never will never will

I'm outside your picture frame ...
... and the glass is breaking. 

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Lovely thread Immy :)

I'm proud of myself because I studied my arse off for the exam I took today. I hardly slept last night because I was so stressed, but I managed to get up on time, get my arse to uni in good spirits and I gave the exam my all. :)

"You're a tough cookie, but all cookies are crumbly sometimes, that however, makes them no less of a cookie, and they're just as good as any other cookie." ~Indiana Jones

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I went to college on monday despite not going to sleep. I'm just going to ignore the fact that I didn't go today or yesterday.

Florian xxx 

Dont you ever, Stop being dandy, showing me you're handsome. 

He/they pronouns pls

1 2 320  >  Last»  | Page of 20  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us