Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: How can I make my hair stay on one side of my head?

Baby Mook

Date:
How can I make my hair stay on one side of my head?

Hi! Im Trista and I am new to these forums, so I apologize if there is already an answer to my question.  Im suprised I dont know this answer myself as I have been shaving my head for 14 years now.  I have an undercut at the moment and usually wear it on the left side of my head.  Now I must tell you that my WHOLE head is shaved, not just the side, the entire back, the right and the left are all shaved.  My left side isnt shaved as high up as my right and I would like to start wearing my hair to the right side of my head, only issue is, it keeps flipping back to the left side and is driving me insane.  Does anyone have any pointers as to how I can "tame" my hair?  Its windy out where I live a lot and I want to be able to not have to look in a mirrior and redo my hair everytime a gust of wind goes by, but I enjoy the fuller look I get while wearing my hair on the right side.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

How long since you changed it? If it's pretty soon, I wouldn't worry about it. It can take a couple of washes before hair realises where it's supposed to be. I remember switching my parting for Halloween and having to practically glue it down to make it stay. But honestly, it's pretty easy. Wet it/wash it as normal and brush it where you want it. Perhaps stick in a hair grip or hair band to keep it down whilst it dries. But hair doesn't really have any particular reason to fall one way over another, so it shouldn't take much effort to get it where you need it.

Life Is A Mystery x Death Is Not = Angels and Eyeliner going to Hell hand in hand...

Mooky's Resident Cardinal of Awesomeness

Don't make me take the shades off...

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

From my own experience If you keep at it, it will probably move more naturally to that side after a little while. Hairspray or clips might do the job in the meantime. If you want your hair straight, Ive found straightning sometimes holds unruly sections in place a bit.

And welcome to mooky :)

Baby Mook

Date:

its only been like 2 days, so pretty recent, but ok Ill be patient with it and hopefully I wont have to wait too long :) Thank you!

Baby Mook

Date:

Thank you!  It's quite the forums here, enjoying all the hair talk :) I cannot believe I forgot all about hairspray!!! It's been forever since I have had to use it.  Do you think getting the layers put back in my hair may help as well?  Ive been thinking of getting some umph put back in my hair as its been a while since I have gone to a hair salon haha.

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us