Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: UNIVERSITY 2013

Seasoned Mookster

Date:
UNIVERSITY 2013

Pretty much what it says up there!

How's everyone doing in their application, and does anyone know where they're going? (Subject to results...)

Was also kinda wondering if I might end up bumping into some mooks when I finally go!!

So I got all my offers and I've replied... Firm choice is UEA and insurance is York St John, to do English Lit. with Creative writing :) 

Bee doo bee dooo
I just really love...

Boobs.

Personal:
Youtube
, tumblr and twitter

Other joint accounts with friendy-poo with whom I vlog/blog:
Youtube, tumblr and twitter

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I have all my offers, but am so stuck in deciding where to go. I think my insurance will have to be Nottingham Trent, as it's the only one I've applied to which has a lower offer, but the more I think about it the more I don't want to go there, so I'm not sure what to do for that.

And for my firm I think I'm stuck between Manchester and Newcastle uni, although I have an open day at Liverpool uni in the next few weeks which I haven't properly considered so far, as I've never been to Liverpool, but if I like it enough then that could also become a contender.

Basically all I've decided is that I'm not going to the university of York, despite how nice the ducks were.

EDIT: Oh, and I forget to mention I'll be studying biology.

-- Edited by Inky on Friday 22nd of February 2013 11:59:47 PM

Etsy 10% off with the code 10MOOKY

Shiny New Etsy

Instagram

Honoured Mook

Date:

-- Edited by Eisbaer on Thursday 18th of April 2013 10:34:40 PM

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

Ive only had one interview so far but got a place (UEL)! Got two this week and im so nervous because one of them is the one i really really want. Im applying for a variety of fine art/mixed media/film based courses.

Congratulations to you both on your offers :)

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

@Inky... I live near Manchester and the place is great, and also I think my mate Rick is also currently in his first year in Biology there and is really enjoying it :)

And PoisonedApple good luck!!! Hope it all goes well :)

Bee doo bee dooo
I just really love...

Boobs.

Personal:
Youtube
, tumblr and twitter

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Inky wrote:

I have all my offers, but am so stuck in deciding where to go. I think my insurance will have to be Nottingham Trent, as it's the only one I've applied to which has a lower offer, but the more I think about it the more I don't want to go there, so I'm not sure what to do for that.

And for my firm I think I'm stuck between Manchester and Newcastle uni, although I have an open day at Liverpool uni in the next few weeks which I haven't properly considered so far, as I've never been to Liverpool, but if I like it enough then that could also become a contender.

Basically all I've decided is that I'm not going to the university of York, despite how nice the ducks were.

EDIT: Oh, and I forget to mention I'll be studying biology.

-- Edited by Inky on Friday 22nd of February 2013 11:59:47 PM

Come to Liverpool,we have lots of beaches-unlike Manchester! Seriously,anything you want to know about the city before you arrive,give us a shout and I'll try and find out.

Dave.

New posters should read "So you joined Mooky" in the FAQ forum. Or Matt Bellamy on an armoured flying unicorn shall smite you. With lasers! \m/

Mooky's Resident Emperor!

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

^ Same here, I'm at the University of Liverpool. (:

Tumblr

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

proud scouser here plus my sister studied bio-meds there an did pretty well

so what if i love each feather an each spangle, why not try an see things from a different angle?

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I'm looking to do some sort of postgrad course this year. It will most likely be a certificate in foundation level counselling skills, which is a part-time course. That means I can work and study. That course is only around 1,000 euro, and I would like to pay all of it back to my parents because they'll be paying for it initially.

I keep seeing really attractive taught masters courses, but they're either too far away or too expensive. The latest one I got an email about was an M.Sc in regenerative medicine, but it's in NUIG which is across the country from me. Plus it costs almost 7,000 euro. My parents wouldn't be able to afford that (initially- I would pay them back of course), and I really don't know about taking out loans and stuff before I've ever had a job :/ I would also be worried about living away from home- that would be more expenses.

"You're a tough cookie, but all cookies are crumbly sometimes, that however, makes them no less of a cookie, and they're just as good as any other cookie." ~Indiana Jones

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I've been thinking about masters too- in environmental management. The only reason I'd want to do the course though is to get a job, and the percentage of graduates getting related jobs isn't great in the departments I've looked at so far. /;

Tumblr

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I'm waiting to hear back from Barts and the London and Southampton for grad entry medicine. It could be any day now. EVERYONE CROSS THEIR FINGERS.

too weak to labor on the farm

too indolent to do any exercise

too stupid for the bar

and

too immoral for the pulpit

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ I have all my appendages crossed for you!

"You're a tough cookie, but all cookies are crumbly sometimes, that however, makes them no less of a cookie, and they're just as good as any other cookie." ~Indiana Jones

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^Good luck Charlie! I have all of my fingers crossed for you.

Etsy 10% off with the code 10MOOKY

Shiny New Etsy

Instagram

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ Good luck Charlie! I did a little grad entry medicine dance for you just now, hope it works. xx

"Wilfred Allsop was sitting up, his face pale, his eyes glassy, his hair disordered. He looked like the poet Shelley after a big night out with Lord Byron." - P. G. Wodehouse

Mooky's Decadent Victorian Aesthete

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

They would be lucky to have you, Charlie! Good luck xx

Harlan :-)

("they" pronouns please, mookyfolk)

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

I (third? Fourth?Fifth? Not counted XD) the good luck motion!! xx

Bee doo bee dooo
I just really love...

Boobs.

Personal:
Youtube
, tumblr and twitter

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

^Good luck Charlie.

Got the place that I really really wanted (YEAH!), so will be back at UAL :) very excited.

Honoured Mook

Date:

^Well done! I think this calls for a celebratory dance!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Oooooh well done! That's absolutely brilliant!

Today was meant to be the latest I should have heard back from the med school. Someone called them up and apparently it could be "next week or the week after"- are they purposefully fucking with me?

too stupid for the bar

and

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^^ Apparently a lot of unis are doing that; I have a friend who had her interview a month ago and still hasn't had a response.

As for me, accepted my offer from Roehampton for Literature, and just have to do my student finance and accommodation application next month!

Life Support     So many pins I always prick my finger

The Alien in the North!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^^^ it's not uncommon at all, it's just that Barts made a very big deal at the interview saying it WILL be by this date and we pride ourselves in prompt responses and we don't want to keep you hanging etc. etc. which is what has annoyed me.

And congrats on your place. I think Vic does that course?

too stupid for the bar

and

Booky Mooky (mod)

Date:

^^^^Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay Roehampton! Have you got an idea of which accommodation to apply for? I would recommend not living in one of the Froebel college residences. Not because they are bad buildings, but because Digby Stuart is the best college and we have won Frigby every year for the last 6 years.

Charlie, it is probably worth phoning or emailing them to find out when to hear back. I have all my appendages crossed for you.

EDIT: Yes, I do Lit at Roey, combined with Language & Linguistics. It's the best.

-- Edited by Victoryxx on Friday 8th of March 2013 09:52:02 PM

-Proud (and fertile!) Mooky Grandfather-

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Frigby>Living conditions

too stupid for the bar

and

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^^ I'm currently loving Lee House in Digby Stuart. I don't think I could share a toilet; I have issues sharing with my mum and sister at home!

Life Support     So many pins I always prick my finger

The Alien in the North!

Booky Mooky (mod)

Date:

^^^Lee house is the newest residence on campus, a lot of my friends lived their last year and really liked it. Because the living room/kitchen is so big it's great to go/host pre-drinks for nights out because you can fit more people in. If you are looking for en-suite bathrooms, one of the blocks of Shaw house has them too, and that was renovated last year so everything is still pretty nice and new. At all costs, avoid living in Bede house if you can - the rooms are tiny, the bathrooms are communal and it's the loudest house on campus.

-Proud (and fertile!) Mooky Grandfather-

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Well, it's official, I've been rejected from all of my choices for grad med. I thought I'd be a bit more upset, but it's not my fault- I got an email from Barts saying my application was excellent and they'd love to give me a place but there isn't one, and so if anyone rejects a place it will go to me. Most people don't get into grad med first time, I was just really hoping I was an exception.

too stupid for the bar

and

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ *hugs* sorry to hear that, Charlie. I hope you'll get something else you'd like to do x

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^^^ It's not really a case of there being something else I'd like to do. I already have a degree. It's just keeping positive and trying again next year. :)

too stupid for the bar

and

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ sounds like a good plan to me!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ I'm sorry to hear that, Charlie. My grad entry medicine dance obviously didn't work as well as it ought to but at least they told you that you're fucking brilliant. Plenty of people people have absolutely no chance of getting a place - you got really fucking close and it was only the first try. I think it's not exactly a question of whether you'll get in, it's just a question of when. I'm glad you're not too upset, like you said, it's not your fault! Besides, someone might reject their place, you never know. :) xxx

"Wilfred Allsop was sitting up, his face pale, his eyes glassy, his hair disordered. He looked like the poet Shelley after a big night out with Lord Byron." - P. G. Wodehouse

Mooky's Decadent Victorian Aesthete

1 2  >  Last»  | Page of 2  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us