Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Molasses hair treatment

Regular Crew

Date:
Molasses hair treatment

Tried this last night and results were very successful,gave my hair volume and shape and my colour looked a lot more vibrant.

I just mixed a few tablespoons with some conditioner, applied to dry hair and left for 20mins. It can be tricky to fully rinse out though I deinitely needed two shampoos.

Pretty impressed overall to say the least. Theres a few different methods and info on the benefits on this site.

http://naturalnessanne.blogspot.ie/2012/04/molasses-and-hair.html

Has anyone else tried this?

Regular Crew

Date:

This might sound like a stupid question, but if it takes two shampoos to rinse out, then aren't you just washing it all away? Or is it a similar principal as with dye, where your hair sort of absorbs it?

Either way, it sounds intriguing. I'd have never thought molasses could do anything besides smell weird and make gingerbread.

Regular Crew

Date:

Haha! Ya molasses really does smell weird.

And no that's not a silly question at all. Your hair actually absorbs anything put on it for about 20 mins to an hour after that it usualy stops absorbing and the two shampoos simply wash away the excess leftover, although you may not need two shampoos. I just have super thick hair!

The cool thing about molasses is that it's full of minerals like iron,calcium, magnesium, copper and some more I can't remember these are all great for growing healthy and strong hair.

Also it's the only hair treatment I've ever used that I've seen immediate results, so I'll definitely keep doing this one!

Hope this helped aww

-- Edited by Fruitsalad on Tuesday 29th of January 2013 06:53:31 AM

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us