Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Need Help About Hair Loss

Seasoned Mookster

Date:
Need Help About Hair Loss

Whenever i'm moulding my hair,i see some strands in my hand.Also whenever i went to shower.Whenever i'm sleeping.What should i do to stop this? In my country,we have some shampoos for this situation but i'm looking for some experienced advises.

doctor__i_puke_rainbowz_c__by_supremesonrio-d3fsuxe_zps4e836e85.gif

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

You naturally lose hair as it finishes it's growth cycle. Unless you are losing so much that you end up with bald oatches there is nothing you can do and no need to worry.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I'm actually glad you started this thread because I suffer from massive hair loss too and it's always good to be able to share tips :)

I have no professional knowledge of hair but from my own experience, if you're going through lots of stress it's known to cause hair loss. Also poor nutrition - I was losing tons of hair after I had an eating disorder, so watch your nutrients :) It could also be hormonal - when I told my gyneacologist (sp?) about it, she ran some tests and changed the brand of my Pill, and for a couple of months it helped A LOT (now it's back to losing hair in bunches because I'm under a lot of stress constantly).

It could also be a skin problem. I've never seen a dermatologist about it because I'm pretty positive it's due to stress and my fucked up sleeping pattern, but it's been recommended to me multiple times. So as you see, there's a plethora of possible causes. Obviously I don't know your lifestyle, diet, if you're on any medication etc. but try adding more variety to your diet (I've found that eating heaps of nuts and seeds helps a bit), avoid stress and get enough sleep, ask your doctor about possible hormonal causes, see a dermatologist. Hope some of that is helpful :)

Pony Frenzy

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I've noticed more hair shredding recently but I put it down to the time of year, this may sound geeky but horses and maybe other animals? start to shed their winter coats come jan/feb and i think i do the same. Also stress from uni work and the fact that my hair is as thick as a wolfs coat and in need of a good deep condition. As Spikey said its normal, i wouldn't worry!

'Driving My Tea' Since 22.02.2011

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I don't know if this is true but it does seem to make sense but if your house/wherever you spend most of your time is really warm it can cause hair loss.

I noticed when I moved out of my parents freezing cold house (my dad has an aversion to spending money on heating) and into my house where I get unlimited heating (where all the boys have the heating on pretty much 24/7 on high) I lose loads of hair when I wash my hair (2, maybe 3 times a week), but my hair doesn't look any thinner according to everyone I've asked, now I have to sneakily turn my heating down without everyone noticing because I'm fed up of leaving ginger hairs EVERYWHERE.

Forget the horror here.

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

Thanks guys,i think it's because of stress cause i'm a 11th grader and next year i have to make a BIG decision about university and i'm kinda lazy.
Gonna look about these shampoos and google some natural stuff can avoid my hair loss.

Regular Crew

Date:

Rosemary essential oil is meant to do wonders for hair loss, dandruff and even thinning hair!

It's a strong stimulant so be careful if you are pregnant or have high blood pressure.
Hope this helps.

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

Im using argan oil and it helped my hair a lot.Now its even growing!

Regular Crew

Date:

Yay, great news :)

Regular Crew

Date:

I had the same problem recently too, which is I think has been down to weight loss. I started taking multi-vitamin pills that contain biotin, which is supposed to help strengthen hair growth. I also started using a hairbrush with natural bristles. I don't think I've been shedding so much hair lately so it seems to be working.

Tumblr

Page 1 of 1  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us