Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Mooky Couchsurfing?

Runic Mook of the North (mod)

Date:
Mooky Couchsurfing?

There is always ideas popping into my head when having University deadlines...

I was thinking, could we do a mooky couchsurfing? A lot of us are fond of traveling, and I thought that a mooky couchsurfing network (i.e. thread here) could be an excellent way to see other places/meet fellow mooks irl/save money on accomodation.  What do you think?

I'll start:

Location: I live on a tiny farm in Numedal, Eastern Norway. It's about 2 hours from Oslo, and it's possible to take bus/train from here to the west coast (basically, if you are going between for example Oslo and Bergen, you can stop by at my place on the way. It's not on the main throughfare between east and west, but an alternative route that isn't really much longer).

Stuff to do around here: Pottering about on the farm ( I have a garden, various animals and I always have some kind of crafty/experimental archaeology project going on), admiring the forest & mountains and the medieval wooden buildings nearby. Last week of July there is also a medieval festival throughot the entire valley. I also have a relatively big collection of books, tea and yarn for rainy days.

Faltmates/Parents/Pets: Permanent residents consist of Mumilar (my mother), Ouroboros (my husband), 1 horse, 4 cats, 2 dogs, 1 turkey and hens (will get more poultry in spring), all of which are free ranging about the place. In summer there is also usually a friend or two living here semi-permanent.

Accomodation: Right now we do not have a guest room as we're renovating the house, so visitors are given a matress in a storage room. In summer there are is always space in one of the unheated buildings. Or tent.

Timing: In principle whenever, but I'm generally very busy with studies/work/volunteer work. If you are happy to spend some time alone with my bookshelf/Mumilar/the animals/trekking about in nature -mi casa es su casa. If not, things have to be planned well in advance.

Can non-mooks (parents/friends/significant other) be brought along?: Yes, no restrictions.

Warnings: Nobody have thrown away anything here the past 200 years or so. This added to the renovating and all our projects means that we are living in a jolly chaos full of stuff. Which could have been cleaner. And possibly less infested with animal hair. But we don't really bother because there is always something more interesting and/or important to do than cleaning and tidying.

So if you find yourself in/want to go to Norway, send me a PM :)

-- Edited by Irilar on Thursday 24th of January 2013 02:50:38 PM

"So what you are saying is -I shouldn't play with fire" she said at last. "Of course you should" said One-Eye gently. "But don't be surprised if the fire play back." -Joanne Harris

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

What a lovely thread!

Location: I live in a bedsit in Bristol, UK. That's about an hour and a bit from London, if you train it.

Stuff to do around here: Bristol is full of amazing pubs, it's got some really interesting nooks and crannies (galleries, a lovely museum, coffee shops, hippy areas with super duper graffiti) so it's a lovely place to explore!

Flatmates/Parents/Pets: I live all on my lonesome!

Accomodation: I'd love to say I can offer something fancy, but all I have is a small and not very comfortable sofa! It would be fie if you had a sleeping bag.

Timing: Arguably all the time, but as I have uni, work and a long distance relationship I'd like to know as soon beforehand as you can.

Can non-mooks (parents/friends/significant other) be brought along?: I'd love to say yes, but I have nowhere to put them in my little house!

Warnings: I am a messy person! Also, living in one room can be claustrophobic for some.

too weak to labor on the farm

too indolent to do any exercise

too stupid for the bar

and

too immoral for the pulpit

Booky Mooky (mod)

Date:

I love this idea!

Location: I live in a small two-storey flat in the south west of London, UK.

Stuff to do around here: There is very little in the local area (unless you study at the university), but there are buses directly to South Kensington, Victoria, Hammersmith, Putney, Richmond and Kingston-upon-Thames, and my house is half an hour's walk from Barnes train station, from which you can get to London Waterloo. There are some lovely book shops and pubs in Putney and Hammersmith, museums in South Kensington. There's all of the normal touristy things to do in Central London as well. But in my flat if the weather ruins plans, I've plenty of books, DVDs and some board games.

Flatmates/Parents/Pets: Two female flatmates, Theology and Socio. They are pretty neat and laid back.

Accommodation: I can't afford a spare room, but I do have two comfy sofas and plenty of floor space in the living room.

Timing: Whenever, with the exception of late March and early May. We've got this house until September, so if anyone does want to stay it has to be the end of August at the latest before we start packing.

Can non-mooks stay?: Yes, but please no more than three people at a time for the sake of food/water/electricity costs!

Warning: Our vacuum cleaner is shit, so if you sleep on the floor you may find more dust/hair than you would like on your sleeping bag... Also, we only have two spare blankets, so you may need to bring a sleeping bag.

-Proud (and fertile!) Mooky Grandfather-

Lush Guru

Date:

Stuff to do around here: There's a bit that goes on in Reading, usually some kind of gig or "club night", it's very easy to get in and out of London, and not that expensive either. There are several delicious pubs. If you're a fan of real ale/cider, the best one is at the bottom of my road!

Flatmates/Parents/Pets: I live with my boyfriend, The Captain.

Accommodation: A sofa which is sleepable but not amazing, and a blow up bed on the floor.

Timing: Whenever, kind of. Don't just turn up, but if there's a specific date, it's probably worth asking me about it.

Can non-mooks stay?: I don't see why not, as long as they aren't raging dickheads/strangers to you/more than 2 of them (you'd run out of space).

Warning: My boyfriend is definitely not house trained, my house is rarely, if ever, tidy and there are musical instruments everywhere. However, I am a pretty good cook and if you just want to get drunk that plays right into my wheelhouse.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ That last bit made me giggle, he sounds a bit like Skittles!

This sounds a bit awful, but I've hosted couch surfers before and it was kind of terrible - especially when he tried to come back, in spite of me saying no repeatedly!

So while I do love you dear Mooks, if anyone is thinking of visiting the Emerald Isle, I do have a bed and lots of scrambled eggs (or tofu) available, but I'd be more comfortable with a PM and a good chat first :)

Just your friendly neighbourhood dork of epic proportions

Vegetarbles food blog

Assorted shite blog

Resident Lord of Tiny Stretches - Sir Chris the Lubey

Proud favouritest person of Indigo

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I can't really host people at the moment as in Liverpool I'm in student halls and in Sheffield I'm with my parents, so I think I'll set my Couchsurfing status to: "can hang out". So I guess if anyone finds themselves with a few spare hours in either of those places when I am there I'm happy to meet up..

Tumblr

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Stuff to do around here: some good clubs, gig venues and pubs, museums, art galleries, the usual stuff you find in a busy cosmopolitan city, we also have lots and lots of glorioius countryside on our doorstep as well as a nature center, botanical gardens and more canals than venice. good for shopping, alt or otherwise. we live in the asian quarter, so if food  and fabric are your thing, we got loads.

Flatmates/Parents/Pets: we have 3 cats and two dogs, all live as part of the family, so if you're allergic to pet hair, we're not the place for you!

Accommodation: spare matress in my studio and if necessary we can put you up in the truck which has a double bed and woodburner.

Timing: drop me a pm.

Can non-mooks stay?: only if house-broken and have an open mind.

warning: you're more than welcome to bring a smoke with you. (or anything else for that matter) we don't judge or censure people because of the substances they choose to do.

'there's always light at the end of the tunnel, just sometimes it's a train'

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

What a great idea :)

Location: Corby, Northamptonshire, UK. It's a little over an hour from London, half an hour ish from Leicester.

Stuff to do around here: Sadly, not much in the immediate area but it's pretty much in the centre of the country so not too far from, um, anywhere, really! The people are lovely and it's a quiet town, so the kind of place you'd stay if you need a break or used as a middle ground if you're travelling between places.

Flatmates/Parents/Pets: I live with my mom and girlfriend. My mom's boyfriend may or may not be here. Everyone involved is happy to have Mooks about. I have a cat (in case of allergies) a parrot (noisy bastard) and a very lazy bearded dragon.

Accomodation: We have a relatively small spare room and a living room with a small couch and lots of floor space. In the summer we have a cute little shed with basic furniture and electricity.

Timing: Anytime, just let me know first so I can clean up and get things prepared. While you're here we could give you back door keys so you're free to come and go as you pease.

Can non-mooks (parents/friends/significant other) be brought along?: I don't see why not. The bed in the spare room is a single with another single bed that folds out so you could stay together.

Warnings: The house can be a little noisy, but nothing too bad. We're not the tidiest of people but everything's clean, especially if we have guests ;)

edit: probably worth mentioning that we're all quite liberal and just about anything goes - drugs, booze, gays, all are welcomed (encouraged) but my mom hates smoking so there's no smoking inside. You're welcome to go out the back door but smoking inside is a no-no.

-- Edited by soundsofdentage on Saturday 26th of January 2013 11:11:05 PM

Harlan :-)

("they" pronouns please, mookyfolk)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

As soon as I get my apartment, I'll be able to host people in like winterish? We already know where so here the deets. I'll let you know when we do have the apartment.

Stuff to do: Drink in the college town, go to Philly, sporting events, we have a mall. We're close to King of Prussia mall and Ikea if you want to go on a day trip.

Flatmates/parents/pets: Right now I'm living with the parents, but soon (hopefully. DAMMIT GYPSY'S BOYFRIEND GO GET A JOBBB) I'll be living with my friend and her boyfriend as soon as they both get jobs. We'll probably have at least one cat and perhaps some reptiles.

Timing: you're going to have to give warning.

Accommodations: probably our couch or an air mattress in the living room.

Nonmooks?: perhaps. We'll see. We'll talk about it. Like I said it will probably be our couch or an air mattress.

Note: You'll have to do the smoking outside.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Location: I live in the suburbs of Dublin, Ireland. I'm about a 15 minute drive away from the city centre. 

Stuff to do around here: There's not much to do in my area itself, since it's a residential area. Though I do have the Phoenix Park (15 min walk) up the road from me, which is basically a huge fucking park with lots of stuff in it- including the zoo and the Aras (where the president lives). Farmleigh is also there and I'd well recommend a visit to there- it's on beautiful grounds, though the house itself isn't open until June of this year. Anyway, find out more on the Wiki page I linked, it's quite good.

There are some nice restaurants/cafes about a 30 minute walk from my house (heading away from the city), but heading into the city from here would be your best bet. The bus stop is at the end of my road (5 min walk, if even) and the bus that runs from there runs every 20 minutes and will drop you in the city centre. At the top of my road (10-15 min walk) there is another bus stop with more routes that will drop you at different places in the city centre. 

There is lots of stuff to do in Dublin city, even though as far as cities go, it's not really very big. I recommend going over to the south side of the city, where Trinity, the Dail, the Natural History Museum are, along with better shops (Mooks would love Georges' Street arcade) and better pubs and a larger selection of restaurants. The north side of the city is okay- you can see the GPO and the Spire, and I think most of the open-top bus tours go from there, but in my opinion the south of the city is altogether better. 

Flatmates/parents/pets: I live with my mam and my dad. My sister and niece are regular visitors, and her bloke may tag along too. Jethro (my partner/manfriend) comes up from time to time as well. Daisy is my adorable mini yorkie, and she's very good-humoured and affectionate, and will want to cuddle up next to you for pets and warmth. She's tiny though and has a bad habit of getting under your feet!

Accomodation: There are a few places to stay. We have a comfy, warm box room that was once my room and still has the kickass black lace wallpaper I choose to decorate it with years ago. There is a fold-out double futon in the attic, and there is a big couch in the kitchen. My room is big, so staying on my floor is also an option- we could just drag the mattress in from the box room. Lots of options, all of which are comfortable. 

Timing: This summer would be the best! before isn't really an option as I'm so busy with uni (tis my final year). Plenty of notice required, as I would need to go over it with both of my parents and get their permission, as it is their house! 

Can non-mooks stay?: Maybe, we'd have to have a chat about it. 

Warnings: No smoking in the house (my mam is a smoker and she doesn't even smoke in the house). Booze fine, any kind of people fine, but no drugs. My parents are friendly (especially my mam) and will talk the ears off ya, and will have buckets of info about Dublin- which is essentially a good thing, but some people can be put off by other people's parents!

"You're a tough cookie, but all cookies are crumbly sometimes, that however, makes them no less of a cookie, and they're just as good as any other cookie." ~Indiana Jones

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I would definitely have to check with my mum and dad first before any of you come, but with enough warning it would probably be a yes. (also, my address changes a lot, but this is my most permanent one, so I will put that).

Location: A village between Chesterfield and a smaller town called Bolsover, Derbyshire, UK 

Stuff to do around here: The village itself is boring and there's nothing to do except go for walks near farms, which is nice in warm weather. Bolsover's quite a pretty town if you ignore the residents and has a castle (it's quite nice but nowhere near as old as a lot of castles). We're also a 10-15 minute drive from a ruined manor called Sutton-Scarsdale Hall which is pretty cool.

Chesterfield is awkward to get to, but it has a few nice bars, the crookered spire (a church where the spire has twisted due to water damage but has managed to stay upright and safe and I'm pretty sure it's the only church in the country like it), a couple of nice places to eat and a free history museum (seeing as there's a definite history theme going on here, I've never been there though). There's also a few shops including a lot of the highstreet ones, an art shop (maybe two of them, actually) and a joke/fancy dress shop. I believe there is a vegetarian café there, and I think I know where it is, but I've never had a chance to go there. :(

It's possible to catch a bus from the bottom of my street into Sheffield, it takes about an hour. In Sheffield there's lots of shops, bars and a few clubs if that's your sort of thing, sometimes when she isn't at uni there's orangensaft, who I can assure you is a lovely lass. We can also get a tram from Sheffield to Meadowhall which is a great big shopping centre/mall but I wouldn't really recommend it because it's often very crowded and because of that it's earned the nickname "Meadowhell". Sheffield has all the highstreet shops, and a few other quirkier shops in the Forum (a tiny Afflecks wannabe place) and along the street that the Forum is on. There's a few places to eat for if you get hungry, including bars that serve food, a couple of restaurants, the typical fastfood chain places and a sandwich shop called Feast.

Also, in Chesterfield we can quite easily get a train to Nottingham or Derby or catch buses to varying villages in the Peak District. In Nottingham there's Mooks (Pincushion, Pandapop, Luci and probably a couple of others that I'm forgetting, sorry guys!), some lovely cafés and some rather fun shops. However, I don't know as much about Nottingham as I do Sheffield, and I know even less about Derby as I've only ever been to the Westfields there and wandered the highstreet. The Peak District villages are pretty nice places, the best ones (in my opinion) are Matlock (including Matlock Bath), Castleton and Bakewell. All very good for walking.

I'll stop now because I've written tonnes. Haha.

Flatmates/parents/pets: My mum, my dad and my dog, Zak. My mum's really into reading, especially fantasy, so you can have a nice conversation about books with her, just be sure to speak up a little and speak clearly as she's partially deaf. Also please avoid conversations about feminism, racism and anything social justice related, despite being miles better than my grandparents, my parents do fall short a lot with that sort of stuff (in my opinion) and it can be somewhat cringey. Also, the dog. If you're not good with dogs, I'd recommend not coming. He's an incredibly energetic thing and absoloutely huge. Also, don't stroke him when you first see him, he doesn't like strangers petting him and it's probably best you wait a day or so first once he's used to you, once he is, top of his front legs is one of his favourite places.

Accomodation: This could possibly be a problem. We do have an airbed (somewhere...) which would be set up in my room and plenty of spare pillows/quilts etc. We also currently have a caraven here but it isn't hooked up to any electricity so I imagine it gets incredibly cold at night. If you like camping, we do have a tent somewhere and own some land very close to the house.

Can non-mooks stay?: It depends entirely, we'd have to talk about it.

Warnings: The dog is not quite trained yet and is very overexciteable. He may try to initiate rough play with you, he never breaks skin (not even a graze), but it still hurts. Alcohol is fine, cannabis is possibly fine (would have to check that one, but I do believe it is) but no other drugs. We're currently having a little damp/mould problems so if you have any breathing difficulties I wouldn't recommend coming round, but we do get rid of the mould whenever we see it and I keep my bedroom window open. And the biggest warning of all, and probably the deal breaker here. We don't have a bathroom door. When having a bath (the shower doesn't work) or using the toilet, I'd recommend taking a phone in there and playing music off it, or whenever somebody's coming upstairs yell that you're in the bathroom. Also, I could sit outside my bedroom and guard for you (don't worry, I can't see the bath or the loo from outside my bedroom). Also, I can't drive, so we'd be relying on public transport and asking my dad for lifts.

Sorry for how long that was. 

-- Edited by Redshoes on Monday 28th of January 2013 10:18:16 AM

Honoured Mook

Date:

On an iPad so typing this properly is weird and needlessly difficult.

COUCH: Amazingly comfy sofas, spare bedroom if you're lucky and we don't have lodgers.

SMOKING: Yes, including cannabis.

NOTICE: A week or so in advance is good, but if you're a Mook who gets stranded in my part of the North then obviously I am very happy to put you up. It's my Dads' house, so you'll have to excuse his long, long lectures. You may even find them interesting!

STUFF TO DO: Lots. We have history, night-life and nature. Ask me in person and I'll be far more detailed, but Bradford truly has it all, at low low prices.

Voltaire -

"The best way to become boring is to say everything."

Nami, the brutal Mook.

[Tumblog][Facebook][DeviantArt][Vampirefreaks

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I am very happy to house travelling Mookies.

Location: I live in a relatively sizeable town called East Kilbride in Scotland that is about 45 minutes outside Glasgow (by car/bus).

Stuff to do around here: Not a great lot! There are a few pubs and nice places to eat. There is a leisure centre with a fairly good gym and swimming pool with sauna and hot tub malarky. There's a small skatepark right next to the leisure centre where I spent most of my delinquent youth and there is "The largest indoor shopping centre in Scotland" that has half of the shops shut.

There is a large country park that has animal enclosures that has Meerkats and monkey's and owls and loads of cool animals and it's a great place to go a picnic or walk in the summer.

There are a good few soft play areas for sprogs as well if you have a young one in tow!

Faltmates/Parents/Pets: I live by myself. My boyfriend stay's with me sometimes and sometimes I stay with him but it's not overally frequent. My parents don't unexpectedly visit and the only pet I have is a (surprisingly neat and well kept) hamster.

Accomodation: I only have one bedroom with a double a bed but I can fit an air bed in the room easily. I have couch that is quite comfy and can house a fair few mooks if they have sleeping bags and don't mind sleeping in the livingroom!

Timing: Generally, whenever. I work at home most days and then do a shift at my other job once or twice a week. If you are coming to stay I can take a holiday if you give me some advance warning. I'm up fairly early to start my social media management job that I do at home but usually go back to bed once I've set things up and checked it all. I won't wake you up!

Can non-mooks (parents/friends/significant other) be brought along?: Granted that they are a Mooky friend or I am familiar with their partner.

Warnings: I snore like I'm summoning a fiery demon out of Hell with the promise of giving your first born as a sacrifice (I won't). I'm quite tidy but leave dishes all the time because I hate doing them so much.
My flat also has a dampness and mold problem so windows need to be kept open when showering, cooking and general doing anything that causes sweat (ooer!) the mold isn't that bad but it can make my asthma act up a little so be aware of that!
There was an ant problem that has now been sorted but occasionally one survivor will crop up.
My upstairs neighbors are generally loud and brash and will play music until the wee hours of the morning.

I also talk to my hamster like she's a human baby.

Honoured Mook

Date:

I am coming to stay with you. I love hamsters, as well as having friends in Scotland.

Voltaire -

"The best way to become boring is to say everything."

Nami, the brutal Mook.

[Tumblog][Facebook][DeviantArt][Vampirefreaks

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^Bring ear plugs!

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Location: A squat somewhere in South London. As you can imagine I'm not very static but wherever I am I'll offer a mook a roof over their head.

Stuff to do around here: hang out with my friends, arts and crafts, cooking big communal meals, parties on the weekend, political stuff like talks, discussions, workshops but also more light stuff like benefit gigs and film screenings. I'm close to the Tate Modern and British Film Institute and we could also go wander around the rest of London if there's specific places you want to visit.

Squatmates/Pets: I live with a fluctuating amount of people but right now am with a group of close friends. The only rules are that everyone is notified of guests in advance and if you want to stay for more than a few nights we have a meeting about it and it's cool if everyone got good vibes off you.

We have a safer spaces policy which means no bigotry is tolerated, I imagine this isn't a concern if a mook shows up - I know you're all very open minded and lovely - hopefully this means you'll feel more comfortable coming round because we will kick out anyone being racist/sexist/homophobic if needs be.

Currently squatting with a woman who's got a mahoosive dog. Suki is very obedient, calm and gentle, a total babe with humans - but sometimes has issues with other female dogs since she wants to be alpha girl. I would say it's best not to bring an animal unless you can't be parted with them just because it's a bit of hassle to integrate the animals sometimes. It's not out of the question though. If you're a bit scared of dogs she won't be any hassle, her owner can be very strict with her if you don't even want her coming up to you - she's just very big but not scary.

Accommodation: There's usually a spare mattress and bedding - if not I don't mind sharing with a friend so you can have my bed. It would be best to bring your own sleeping bag to make sure you have something to sleep in.

Timing: Letting me know you want to come a week or more in advance is ideal.

Can non-mooks (parents/friends/significant other) be brought along?: I don't feel super comfortable inviting more than one guest unless I know them both really well but I'm sure it'd be alright. :)

Drinking/smoking/drugging: Everything goes since it's your personal choice but the rule is to keep heavy drinking or any drug taking to non-communal areas, we usually hang out in each other's rooms for such activities, and make sure your behavior while under the influence doesn't make people feel uncomfortable or unsafe.

Warnings: Sometimes squats will be under threat of eviction. Usually we get a date for this and know well in advance. Just be mindful if you turn up when we're on eviction alert that bailiffs could come a knocking. You can't get arrested for being in a legal squat when bailiffs turn up. That's like the only thing but if there's anything else about being in a squat you're concerned about you can just ask about it.

Regular Crew

Date:

This is such a lovely idea!! I'd love to participate but living with my mum right now in a house not big enough for us both :(

But planning to move and will definitely upload details when I do!!

"We mortals are but shadows and dust"

Egotistically named blog

Creative Shenanigans

Shameless Twitter Link

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

As of 1st July 2013
Location - A student house in Falmouth, Cornwall, maybe half an hour - 45 minutes away from the beach. You would be able to have my (single) room, as I can bunk with R, as long as you don't mind sharing with all my stuff.

Stuff to do - lots of beaches within driving distance if I can persuade my boyfriend or my other driving housemate that they too want to go, or the local few beaches. I have seen people swimming and surfing off them, but as I have yet to go for a paddle I can't tell you how warm the water will be. Lots of little shops in Falmouth itself, coastal walks, it's easy to get a train to most places around cornwall and not too expensive if you have a railcard and/or book in advance. Can even get to Plymouth in about 90 minutes if the lack of Nando's gets to you or to go to a decent aquarium/go to a gig/general retail therapy. Nights out....aren't great tbh, but I am quite happy to get drunk with you if I'm not busy the next day. (see timing.)

Timing - I will be working when I can and will be back to uni in september, so theoretically anytime if you don't mind amusing yourself for possibly quite a bit of the time, but as much notice as possible would be nice in case I've got plans to go home/spend much time with R and I will need to give the rest of the house a bit of warning

Other inhabitants - Up to 4 other permanent people depending on when you come. 3 male, 1 female. Obviously my other housemates might have other friends round at any given time.

Warnings/Notes - No smoking inside, and no drugs please, I don't mind you coming if you're a casual user as long as you don't use while you're at mine. Anything else goes pretty much. The guy in the room next to the one you'll be sleeping in can play his music really loud with a lot of bass. But if you ask me to I can get him to turn it down. He also smells strange atm, possibly due to a mouldy shower. We don't know, it's just a recent thing.

None-mooks? I'd prefer not. There's not really room for them either.

He'll always be there singing songs in my head.

I believe in Sherlock Holmes.

Honoured Mook

Date:

So, um, necroposting. I've been meaning to start a thread about couchsurfing for a while now but I thought it'd be reasonable to check whether or not there already is one first. I found this one, named exactly what I was going to name mine, and I hope reviving it will be regarded less as trolling than creating an identical one. So here goes ;)

My boyface and I are very eager to travel around Europe but unfortunately very limited by our budget. Places that we feel particularly drawn to at the moment include Iceland, Norway, the Faroe Islands, Romania, and the entire UK. 

Chap and I are both non-smokers, no drug users, pet-free, we like to have a glass or two of wine or mead but no heavy drinking. We are into sword fighting, historical reenactment, and pretty much anything medieval. Chap is a passionate LARPer (LARPist?) and gamer. We are pretty self-sufficient and don't mind exporing the area by ourselves if you don't have the time or capacity to entertain us, but we're also pretty sociable and enjoy meeting and chatting to folk. 

We're moving in together in two weeks and we're going to be able to host a mook or two in Prague, the capital of the Czech Republic. Our flat is not exactly in one of the central areas but at least it's near the airport ;-P You'd get a mattress in a spare room where we keep our clothes/books/where my desk and computer are, so you wouldn't have to share a bedroom with us. You can smoke on the balcony if you absolutely have to. 

Prague is one of the coolest places you'll ever visit, packed with historical buildings hundreds of years old, countles museums, galleries, theatres and parks, but also night life that goes on until the morning. The beer is world-famous and the place is generally very cheap for visitors from most other European countries. (God this does sound like from a holiday brochure!) 

Lovely Irilar, are you still up for hosting a tiny quiet mook and her significant other? :) Your place sounds like a litte miracle to us. ESPECIALLY the medieval festival :P We would absolutely love to come to Norway!

So... any takers? xxx 

Booky Mooky (mod)

Date:

^^^You'd be very welcome to come to Leeds (in wonderful Yorkshire, UK) once I've moved house and got a spare bedroom :)

-Proud (and fertile!) Mooky Grandfather-

Runic Mook of the North (mod)

Date:

I've moved since I started this thread, so I should probably make an update..

But Ootchi, I will be home at the family farm for the medieval week (22.-30. july) and I'd be more than happy to host you and your significant other for the duration of it. In fact, I've been pondering about suggesting a kind of medieval-mook-meet, since one of the concerts this year is going to be very special. I'm not allowed to say much about it yet, but I will make a post about it when I can.

Meanwhile anymook who like medieval/viking stuff: consider spending a week of your holiday this summer at Irilar's :)

"So what you are saying is -I shouldn't play with fire" she said at last. "Of course you should" said One-Eye gently. "But don't be surprised if the fire play back." -Joanne Harris

Honoured Mook

Date:

^HELL YEAH 

Annointed Queen of Mook - Founder and Editor

Date:

Irilar, so tempted! Maybe I could do a little road trip with some friends who put on viking weekends and we could come visit?

Also Ootchi, my husband and I have talked long and often of Prague. We are avid gamers, board gamers and LARPers. If we come to Prague for a long weekend, perhaps we could spend a little time with you?

Our travel plans are long and varied and don't come to fruition as often as we'd like, but still!

For my part, we have a spare room in a house in South London. It's in suburbia but the pubs are good, and our house contains a dog, a cat, much LARP kit, comics, video console, a music studio with everything from ukeleles and drums to steel guitars and an overstacked mound of board games. We match whatever quaffing our guests are up to, drinking either lots or little or nothing, and we smoke like Victorian chimneys but only in the garden. Happy to put people up at a moment's notice!

Hello from Mookychick's founder. www.mookychick.co.uk. @mookychick. Mookbook. Stuff. Writes things.

Honoured Mook

Date:

Irilar, I've messaged you on FB regarding this. Boyface and I are definitely down! :D 

Magda, you two sound exactly like my boyfriend and all his friends. I'm sure you would have the time of your lives together :D :D 

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us