Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Crystals

Regular Crew

Date:
Crystals

So, I'm thinking about starting with crystals. My grandmother is supposed to bring me my first tarot deck today and, if that works, I'm going to try crystals.

I know nothing about them. What crystals do I get? Any shapes? Sizes? What do I do with them? How do I use them? Is there a consequence for using them incorrectly? (I know that tarot can only produce a wrong reading, and that Ouija can upset malevolent spirits.)

Any and all information would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!

If you're interested in social justice, feminism, and all things lovely, I suggest checking out my blog! If hyperlinks just aren't your thing, I can be found at masochisticbeaver.tumblr.com! Drop in and leave me a message. It makes my day, I promise!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

If you go in to a good crystals shop, they usually sell books as well that tell you all about them. I think there are some good sites online too if you have a jolly good browse. I don't use them, but there is a lovely shop in Afflecks where they display them all beautifully on a desk amid all the sweet scents... Jade is supposed to be rather effective according to the Chinese, by the way.

"I'm a time lord and I can like travel all around space and through time and shit" he replied kindly.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

You've asked about something really broad-spectrum and personal - the only thing for it is to have a look and a feel and a play in a crystal shop with a good selection, and get this book (or similar, but I have this one and it's quite good)

Just your friendly neighbourhood dork of epic proportions

Vegetarbles food blog

Assorted shite blog

Resident Lord of Tiny Stretches - Sir Chris the Lubey

Proud favouritest person of Indigo

Honoured Mook

Date:

If you have a shop called 'The Works' nearby, they sell the crystal bible for about 3 and other similar books :)

I've heard that you should choose a crystal that 'calls' to you. You will know by the look or feel that it is right.

You should always cleanse your crystals, especially when you have bought them from a shop, as they absorb energy and you do not know who has been touching them previous to you!! There is also a crystal called Selenite which is self cleansing and will actually cleanse and charge your other crystals, so that is always a great one to have in your collection :)

I us crystals for spellwork and also for chakra balancing and have found them very effective!

Let me know if you need any more help! x

Regular Crew

Date:

Thank you! I actually live in America, and the nearest crystal shop is very far away. (I live in the Bible belt and anything non-Jesus by way of worship is seen as either Satanic or for hippies.) I hope to visit it soon, though. Does anybody know of some cheap online crystal shops?

If you're interested in social justice, feminism, and all things lovely, I suggest checking out my blog! If hyperlinks just aren't your thing, I can be found at masochisticbeaver.tumblr.com! Drop in and leave me a message. It makes my day, I promise!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I get most of mine on ebay these days, they do tend to be quite cheap there!

Just your friendly neighbourhood dork of epic proportions

Vegetarbles food blog

Assorted shite blog

Resident Lord of Tiny Stretches - Sir Chris the Lubey

Proud favouritest person of Indigo

Regular Crew

Date:

For some reason, I'm terrified of eBay!

Honoured Mook

Date:

Where about's in the States are you from??
www.witchvox.com has a list of some Pagan/Witchy/Metaphysical shops :)

Regular Crew

Date:

South Carolina. Oh that's fabulous! Thank you!!

Honoured Mook

Date:

Check this out:

http://www.witchvox.com/vn/sh/ussc_sh.html

There are 7 shops in your state :)

Also some groups you may be interested in looking up - http://www.witchvox.com/vn/gr/ussc_gra.html

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us