Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Lipstick pencils

Regular Crew

Date:
Lipstick pencils

OK. I've been hearing all about the benefits of lip pencils. I wear a lot of lipstick, and I do have a red lip pencil for my red lipstick. That's it. I only have the money to buy one lip pencil, but I'm going to buy a lot of lipstick. Is there a certain color I should go for? Should I get a nude lip pencil? Or a light pink? Like, is there a color that's pretty universal for lip liners? HELP!

If you're interested in social justice, feminism, and all things lovely, I suggest checking out my blog! If hyperlinks just aren't your thing, I can be found at masochisticbeaver.tumblr.com! Drop in and leave me a message. It makes my day, I promise!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Depends what you want it for. If you're stopping your lipstick bleeding, then a nude one will be just the ticket and you can use it no matter what colour lipstick you pick that morning. Basically, when you're shopping for one you need to find one that is a colour that you wouldn't mind your lips being if your lipstick wore off without you realising. Something that's the same colour, or within a shade or two, of your real lips.

If you want a something to add definition and shape, you're asking the wrong mook. However, if you can only afford one, I'd either pick the colour you're most likely to wear everyday or the colour that you save for special occasions, depending on what you're more likely to use it for. Frankly, I don't use lip liner very often and I don't mind it, so I'd get one to match my 'best' lipstick for occasions when I'm putting on a full face and doing it properly (rather than my usual approach of scrawl eyeliner, smudge, stick on mascara, rub a bit of lipstick on with my finger).

But there are lots of fairly cheap makeup brands. Some of them you shouldn't touch because they're nasty and cheap, but some are perfectly working products that just don't have a billion and one extra fancy things about them. If you're looking at buying an expensive lipliner, take a look at some reviews, ask people's oppinions and test out some cheaper ones to see if there's something that does the job that means you can afford two or three.

And, if you're intending to buy lots of lipstick and want coloured lip liners to match, it might be an idea to hold off for a while, buy less lipstick and get liners to match and then expand your collection as you go along.

Life Is A Mysteryx Death Is Not= Angels and Eyeliner going to Hell hand in hand...

Mooky's Resident Cardinal of Awesomeness

Don't make me take the shades off...

Regular Crew

Date:

Thank you! I think I'm going to start with a nude one. I have a red one for my red lips, and that works perfectly. I just like them because they help my lipstick stick around longer.

If you're interested in social justice, feminism, and all things lovely, I suggest checking out my blog! If hyperlinks just aren't your thing, I can be found at masochisticbeaver.tumblr.com! Drop in and leave me a message. It makes my day, I promise!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I'm not a big fan of lipliner. I prefer the less defined look with lipstick, probably because my mouth is small and so on but alo because I feel kind of over-done with liner too. If you just want your lippy to stop bleeding/ smudging, either get high quality matt shades or just put on a little less! Lipstick lock is pretty decent too.

That said, I've had good experiences with reds, browns and, best of all (typically) nudes. I suppose the nice thing is that once you pick a nice shade of whichever, it'll go very well with similar colours - for example, my previously mentioned brown liner was a lovely nutty colour and the matching lipstick was a goldy browny bronze colour, and they were lovely together.

As everyone else has said, nude is definitely the way to go for a one-off purchase and a bit of experiementing.

Just your friendly neighbourhood dork of epic proportions

Vegetarbles food blog

Assorted shite blog

Resident Lord of Tiny Stretches - Sir Chris the Lubey

Proud favouritest person of Indigo

Honoured Mook

Date:

Nude is all good for everything but if you want a specific shade try MUA in Superdrug. It's all 1.50 & I find that if I want to try a colour before I buy an expensive version of it, theirs is good. Also they have awesome eyeshadows.

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."

Regular Crew

Date:

First , it should be perfect to your skin and style as well. Moreover the shades for the same should also be nice as per your dressing sense surely. You can go with a good parlour for the color selection as per the skin tone that is really be essential. Preferably you should go with the dark color lip liner.

Ethnicity store http://indiaemporium.com/ that will glamour you better.

Baby Mook

Date:

Take nude one, because with it you can do amazing things with your lips, in my opinion.

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us