Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Steam buddies

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
Steam buddies

Hey guys, I (finally) got a Steam account a couple of days ago, and wondered if anybody else has an account, I only have one friend on there so far, so just wondered if anybody wants to add me? Just inbox me or post in here and I'll inbox you. Not sure if posting usernames would actually be a good idea though since it's all linked to credit/debit cards and whatnot.

Edit: Ok, I've found out that I can post a link to my Steam page, I think that would be alright, so here it is! Just let me know who you are first or I'll reject you.

Steam page

Edit (14/02/2012): I decided to put a link to the Mooky Steam group here. Ta daa!!

-- Edited by Redshoes on Sunday 30th of December 2012 02:19:13 PM

-- Edited by Redshoes on Thursday 14th of February 2013 07:08:15 PM

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Oh, good idea. We should have a Mookychick Steam group, too! Should I make one? I can't find any when I look.
The name you add, that's shown on your profile, isn't necessarily the same as the one you log in with, the one that's linked to everything. (I don't remember the English words for both of them right now, but you get what I mean, I hope.) The first one can be posted here.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I don't really know Steam right now so I'm not quite sure what you mean, sorry! Give me a few days and I should be good. Also yes! A Mookychick Steam group sounds like a great idea, I'd make one myself if I knew how...

Edit: Ok, I've found out that I can post a link to my Steam page, I think that would be alright, so here it is! (also going to edit it in the first post) Just let me know who you are first or I'll reject you.

Steam page

-- Edited by Redshoes on Sunday 30th of December 2012 02:18:54 PM

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^
I see you've played Portal 2. Have you done the co-op campaign yet? Otherwise, wanna play it sometime next week (while I'm at the computer that has it installed). I haven't played that for ages, it could be fun to go again  :D

Wo0p, I've made us a Steam group now!
I made it public, so just search for Mookychick, and you can join. Also, the change group description/avatar permissions are set to "all members", so feel free to upload a new avatar for us (otherwise, there'll be millions of tiny pics of the pink unicorn man everywhere. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing). 
Oh, and I'm the group officer, obviously. So all mooks feel free to add me.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I added you on Steam (I think)!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

cowl wrote:

I added you on Steam (I think)!

Hm, not me anyway. And you didn't join the group. Go and join the group  :D

International Mook of Mystery (mod)

Date:

Joined the group. Anyone who wants another friend on their list, feel free to add me from there. :)

"I like it when a flower or a little tuft of grass grows through a crack in the concrete. It's so effin' heroic."--George Carlin

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Awesome! By the way, there's a discussion in the group about forum usernames, it's good if everybody writes there who they are here, so that we know  :D 

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

No I haven't yet, truth is I've not started Portal 2 yet because I want to reply Portal first and refresh my memory a bit, but because Portal's really short I'll be up for playing it some time next week, I also joined the group and commented in the discussion... Not really like it was needed though. :P

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Guys, I have a question! Now that my exams are nearly over I'm thinking of rewarding myself with a new gaming mouse and finally getting a Steam account. Any ideas as to what might be a cool game to play? Any kind of FPS would be nice but I suspect I'll be shit at first because I tend to prefer RPG stuff and good old SNES games. I didn't like COD when I first tried it a couple of years ago, should I give it another go?

"Wilfred Allsop was sitting up, his face pale, his eyes glassy, his hair disordered. He looked like the poet Shelley after a big night out with Lord Byron." - P. G. Wodehouse

Mooky's Decadent Victorian Aesthete

Honoured Mook

Date:

Aliens: Colonial Marines looks full of win.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

The Half-Life games are classics, and have good stories and varied enviroments (and lots of cool mods).

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

That's because CoD is awful! Paha. Truth is I can't really recommend any because it's not my thing really when it comes to games... I'm generally into RPGs and strategy games.

International Mook of Mystery (mod)

Date:

Spiggy wrote:

snippety

TF2 and Left 4 Dead 2 are good if you just want a FPS to pick up and do a few quick rounds with between other things. Bioshock is always good too, as far as FPS games go. Have yet to play the second, so I have no opinion on that one.

Alice: Madness Returns is pretty good, if a little buggy (I had to go in and manipulate the game code at one point so I could progress past an early point because the button for the umbrella refused to work no matter what I assigned it to!!). But still, an interesting one.

The Binding of Isaac is an interesting little dungeon crawler, and good for morbid humor. Don't buy the DLC right away though...it amps up the difficulty and kinda kills the fun if you didn't unlock everything in the original first. Super Meat Boy, who was developed by at least a few of the same people, is supposed to be good too.

If you love to be terrified, go for Amnesia: The Dark Descent. It's less of a "aim to win", and more of a "treat it like an experience" type game. That tries to make you pee yourself in terror. 

That's all I can think of right now.

-- Edited by Izil on Thursday 14th of February 2013 02:07:13 AM

"I like it when a flower or a little tuft of grass grows through a crack in the concrete. It's so effin' heroic."--George Carlin

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^
I've played all of those, and I totally agree.

Although I think that the Penumbra series are better than Amnesia, for that type of game.
Isaac is addictive as heck (Magnus had to drag me away from the computer) and Alice works better on the xBox (it's after all, made for that). Do try the first Alice game, however. It's really cool and gothic.

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ Ah yes! The L4D series is pretty fun, especially if you're just having a couple of games with friends, they are rather chaotic and stressful at times though. Amnesia is also good, but I haven't got very far on that because I had to switch it off due to being terrified, excellent though all the same!

I think I might also ask Tolkien what he thinks next time I see/speak to him and then edit his answer in here if it's any good, he's more likely to talk about gaming mouses though and what brands he'd recommend.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Necroing this, sorry, but I figured it goes here.

Does anybody really understand this trading card and level thing that's been implemented? I'm taking part in it and doing it, but I don't get it. It just seems to give you cards for letting a game run in the background...

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us