Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: I'm really struggling with my essay, please help

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
I'm really struggling with my essay, please help

Dear Mooks, I have to write a Semantics essay by January 7th. It has to be 2000 words long and my topic is the relation between spatial and temporal prepositions. My lecturer suggested I choose two prepositions that can be used in both domains and then illustrate how they interact.

Thing is, I'm in pieces. My family's financial situation is still really bad, I'm moving back home in three weeks and I'm terrified, and I broke up with my boyfriend today. I can't do this. My lecturer is pissed off because I haven't even handed in the essay draft. I have read articles on the topic, I have spent hours sitting at my desk trying to write this essay but I just can't. I'm completely stuck. I'm going to fail this course. I just mope and cry and I can't think.

If any of the English-studying mooks know their Semantics or Pragmatics I'd be forever grateful if you could help me out with some ideas because I'm completely stuck. 

"Wilfred Allsop was sitting up, his face pale, his eyes glassy, his hair disordered. He looked like the poet Shelley after a big night out with Lord Byron." - P. G. Wodehouse

Mooky's Decadent Victorian Aesthete

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I can't help with the essay but would it ve worth speaking with the lecturer and saying you have a while heap of shit going on and you are struggling to deal with that hence no draft essay and panic about getting the essay done.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Thank you, lovelies. I'm feeling much better now and I've managed to write 1100 words of the essay so far. I think it's crap but at least it's coming along. Hopefully, I can finish it tomorrow.

I emailed my lecturer the day before yesterday, apologised for being behind with the work, and explained that I've been struggling with things lately. He replied and said that he wasn't really expecting anyone to even start writing until after New Year's Eve because most people are away partying. He also sent me a list of articles I could read to understand the topic better and said that I still have plenty of time and that I should let him know how I'm doing so that he can give me an extension if I can't manage to finish the essay by the 7th. Phew.

"Wilfred Allsop was sitting up, his face pale, his eyes glassy, his hair disordered. He looked like the poet Shelley after a big night out with Lord Byron." - P. G. Wodehouse

Mooky's Decadent Victorian Aesthete

Page 1 of 1  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us