Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: URGENT assignment help please please

High Mookish Shaman

Date:
URGENT assignment help please please

Hi mooks, I'm sorry to do this, I feel so shit about it and myself for not being able to function properly. But I have a story assignment (1000 word extract) due by the end of tomorrow and I have spent days and days thinking but I can't find any ideas at all. I am on the verge of having to retake the year, which I can't afford to do, and. I am freaking out. So I need mooky help! The story has to be set somewhere interesting/ colourful in itself, with a main protagonist who has something unusual/unexpected about them, with a 'gang'. And they have to be involved in some kind of trouble or crime. AND there needs to be a colour in the title, e.g. 'The Red Hankerchief'. The assignment is based on us reading A Clockwork Orange. If anyone could give me any ideas at all I would be so so so grateful! Thank you!

Liv

My Tumblr :)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Right, OK. You can do this, 1000 words is totally attainable.
io9 do a concept art writing prompt thing. Link. This might help with the interesting setting/ unexpected thing about the protagonist. They're all sci-fi/fantasy based but maybe they'll help.

QUICKFIRE IDEAS!

Locations: Alternate universe Victorian/WWII/whenever Britain, Private school boarding house, post apocolyptic Earth, alternate universe Pitcairn Islands

Trouble: Drug deal gone wrong, Accidentally murdered someone, local crime lord is after them over something (territory, debts?!), framed for spying for unspecified enemies, ACTUALLY spying for unspecified enemies.

This stuff is hard. :(

Souljacker can't get my soul

Left my carcass with the worms and moles

Souljacker can't get my soul

He can hang my neck from the old flagpole

But the souljacker can't get my soul.

Silly Whore.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Ruby and Piglet, thank you so much for your replies, I was getting in quite a panic so I'm glad I have lovely mooks to help me and calm me down :)

I liked the Victorian idea Ruby! I set my story in an orphanage in Victorian times (God I hope it wasn't too Oliver Twist-esque). I have finished the extract and emailed in to my tutor :) Again, thank you for the motivational help and ideas help! :)

Liv

My Tumblr :)

Honoured Mook

Date:

I'm happy for you. :)

Could we/could I maybe read your story? Would you post it on the forum? It sounds really intriguing.

You don't know me.
Never will never will

I'm outside your picture frame ...
... and the glass is breaking. 

Page 1 of 1  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us