Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Spells to end a love?

High Mookish Shaman

Date:
Spells to end a love?

I've been looking through my books, but I can't find any spells for ending an unhealthy, unrequited love. I have feelings for someone, but I need to move on and put it behind me, and sometimes just doing something (be it a spell or ritual of some sort) can help.

Do you mooks have any advice on spells, or advice in general? Any spells that you can suggest would be really appreciated, as it is Yule soon.

Tinker, tailor, soldier, sailor, rich man, poor man, beggar man, thief.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Hmm, spells to banish a love.. This is something I came up with just now, sorry if it's not great. Tweak as you need!

Are you near a river, or an open body of water? If so, use it to your advantage. Take something (it can be drawn by you, it can be a memory, whatever you feel reminds you of this person in any way- maybe add their name on it it too) and bind it using a black piece of string or wool 9 times. As you do this, concentrate on letting this feeling go, on being free of it, on the release.

Take the object to your open body of water, and as you're travelling there, concentrate again. You're journeying to a new place where you will be free of this feeling. Once you get there, sit down (if you can) and do some deep breathing. Then, when you're ready, stand up and say "[their name] I let thee go, [their name] I cast thee away" nine times, or whatever feels right to you. When you're ready, drop the object in the water and watch it float away (for practicality try make it a light object so that it does float away). Imagine all your unrequited feelings floating away with it too.

About Yule spells... I can't think of any at the moment but will post again soon :)

"You're a tough cookie, but all cookies are crumbly sometimes, that however, makes them no less of a cookie, and they're just as good as any other cookie." ~Indiana Jones

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I don't do magic, but I've found carrying a piece of paper with something on it (like a letter to someone) close to me for a while (ie. in my bra) for a few days and then burning it can be strangely therapeutic.

too weak to labor on the farm

too indolent to do any exercise

too stupid for the bar

and

too immoral for the pulpit

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Okay, a bit of history -

Stage magicians took the K out of the word "magic" to define the slight-of-hand stage tricks they were doing, as opposed to the very old kind of magick, which most people of certain practice still spell with the original K.

My point is, K or not, there is only so much water and herbs and wishing on stars can do here - there is no magic cure. The absolute ultimate cornerstone of spellcasting is belief in oneself. You MUST resolve, or at least attempt to resolve, your issues here first. It is nearly impossible to safely participate in spellcasting - especially anything involving another person - when you are deeply emotionall involved.

I know that's not what you want to hear and I know it's not much help, but I don't want you to make things worse for yourself. I'm sorry sweetie, but I just don't think that any spell, ritual or prayer is either gentle nor safe enough for you to be doing right now. I'm really sorry x

Just your friendly neighbourhood dork of epic proportions

Vegetarbles food blog

Assorted shite blog

Resident Lord of Tiny Stretches - Sir Chris the Lubey

Proud favouritest person of Indigo

Runic Mook of the North (mod)

Date:

Okai, keep in mind that what spells I do is a very personal half-cooked concoction of åsatru, folklore, psychology and a dollop of chaos magic, but this one have worked for me:

Set of an entire day (probably won't need a whole day, but it's essential to not have time pressure) and make sure you won't be disturbed. Ideally, it ought to be sunny and/or windy outside.

Load up with insane amounts of cake, sweets, icecream, chocolate, fizzy drinks and such.

Make a playlist with soppy lovesongs. Don't include songs that you wouldn't want to hate afterwards. Music that is already on the verge of dislike but speaks to you because you are heartbroken is perfect. For me, Celine Dione did the trick.

Something to draw/write on.

If you got any memorabilia that connects with your love, bring them too.

Optional: cuddly toys and general valentine's crap.

The point of this is, as you might have guessed by the inventory list: katharsis, purge and rinse.

Don't eat breakfast or other proper food. Draw the curtains, put on the music and get into bed (or couch, wherever it's warm, dark and comfortable really) and start feeling sorry for yourself. Focus on the object of your unrequited love, how miserable and sad it is that he/she doesn't love you back. Munch on the sweet stuff and get really into the feelings you have for this person. It's important to really bring out all the misery and love here, don't hold back. Draw/write whatever comes to mind while doing this, and eat more sweets.
Continue to take forward all the feelings you have for this person. At some point you the tears should come. Make sure to get really into ALL of the emotions you have.

After a while of this combination of misery and ingesting sweet junk, you will be feeling so thoroughly sick of it all that you just can't take it anymore. And you will have to throw up. Tear up your drawings/writings and flush them too. Clean out all the used wrappers, put the sheets in the washing machine, delete the playlist and so on.

Brush your teeth, have a shower if you want to.

Go for a long walk outside and feel how much better it is to be free in the fresh air than being inside. Eventually you should start feeling happpier and lighter, having purged the love that was just a burden anyway.

Afterwards, do something active and fun that you really enjoy and that have nothing to do with the person you love.

What is this supposed to do? Basically it's taking out all the feelings you have and want to get rid of, trick yourself into truly seeing them as a nauseating burden that you don't need and flush them away. Rinse them out of you. That's why you use a water closet as part of the spell ;). It's also important to go out and get refreshed afterwards so that you can go on with your life without the drag.

Keep in mind that this is rather harsh on your mind and body though, and time consuming. Also, I personally think that it's not necessarily a good time to do it right now, at the darkest time of the year when snuggling up inside is a natural thing to do. If you can wait, doing this in spring would probably be most efficient. Atleast wait until after the sun have turned.

"So what you are saying is -I shouldn't play with fire" she said at last. "Of course you should" said One-Eye gently. "But don't be surprised if the fire play back." -Joanne Harris

Honoured Mook

Date:

Here's a pretty simple one for you:

You will need:
1 Red candle for Strength
2 White candle for Healing
A piece of paper with the persons name whom you wish to get over written on it.

Now you begin by placing the White Candles left and right from the Red
Then you light the Red Candle, then the two White Candles.
Then Light the piece of paper with the name on it.
While doing so you should be Chanting these words...
I Burn Thy name (name of person) So it Shall Be
Cast out of my Memory
Your memory Erased from my Mind
No longer held by the Constraints of time
I accept this now made Manifest, So Shall it Be!

Visualize the person fading from your mind until they disappear from your mental screen.
This spell works best when the Moon is Waning.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Thank you for all the advice, I'm going to try some of these spells. Irilar - I love your suggestion and I'm definitely going to try it out in the spring. Even if I am over this infatuation by then your idea is brilliant and sounds like a really intense experience.

Date:

Well, it works for me atleast. But I have to warn you again that it's not a very nice experience. Until afterwards. I've only done it twice, when I've been really desperate. Also, the first time I did it I was too hasty, as I later on met the fella again and it turned out he WAS interested. He just had had to much else on his plate back then. But since my feelings were completely gone now, nothing really happened. Which was a shame really, he was a quite interesting person and a relationship with him surely would have been worthwhile.

Hm, possibly one could adapt it to get rid of other things too, like bad habits? I like my bad habits though, there's nothing I'd want to be completely rid of...

Anyway, if you decide to try it out some day I'd be interested in knowing how it works for you? I devised this for myself, knowing how my mind works (I figure that sleight of mind becomes easier with some knowledge of my mind). It'd be enlightening to know if it works for others too. And of course feel free to make whatever alterations you think would make it work better!

"So what you are saying is -I shouldn't play with fire" she said at last. "Of course you should" said One-Eye gently. "But don't be surprised if the fire play back." -Joanne Harris

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

^ I'll definitely let you know what it's like for me, I do want to go through it, plus it seems like it'd be enough to shift my feelings for this guy.

Annointed Queen of Mook - Founder and Editor

Date:

Oddly enough I went to hypnotherapy for this a while back. They came up with quite a good visulisation: Imagine the object of your unhealthy love in a framed photo. Take that image and bleach it to black and white. It's over. The colour's faded. Not magic, but a useful visualisation nevertheless!

Hello from Mookychick's founder. www.mookychick.co.uk. @mookychick. Mookbook. Stuff. Writes things.

Date:

I've never been able to find out where the borders between psychology and magic really go, or if there truly is a border at all....

That visualisation sounds pretty nifty Magda. Why isn't it magic?

Annointed Queen of Mook - Founder and Editor

Date:

It is really. It is. It's magic. It's the tweaking of your reality through art. It's so totally magic.

Hello from Mookychick's founder. www.mookychick.co.uk. @mookychick. Mookbook. Stuff. Writes things.

Date:

Huzzah!

I'm an eternal doubter, but the fact that I just finished the main part of my uni essay which I thought I wouldn't even attempt to do because I started so late have made me a firm believer in magic. At least today.

Page 1 of 1  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us