Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Panda posts non-spoilered thread :O :O

Honoured Mook

Date:
Panda posts non-spoilered thread :O :O

Hey guys.

It occurred to me today just how bloody much I miss theatre, and acting, and all the associated m'thingies.

I would love to apply to drama school or uni, but I majorly majorly fucked up college so my grades are a bit crap, and I don't really think I'm good enough to apply to anywhere that's mindblowingly good.

So my question is, does it really matter if you go straight into BA, or via HND? And how do you know if a uni/college is any good? There's loads of places I've never even heard of, and I don't want to apply, get in, move there and it be a bag of wank.

Helpies pwease?

a troubled cure for a troubled mind...

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

As for getting into a school, I got into UoM through an access course and a really good interview.

Do you specifically want to study Stagecraft and theatre? I can tell you why I chose Manchester, and passed on University of Salford.

Better yet, I could show you Manchester on Wednesday.

"Just because someone doesnt love you the way you want them to doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have." -- Truman Capote

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I have no experience of this at all and no advice whatsoever, but I just want to say I'm really glad you're focusing on positives and your future in general! :)

Just your friendly neighbourhood dork of epic proportions

Vegetarbles food blog

Assorted shite blog

Resident Lord of Tiny Stretches - Sir Chris the Lubey

Proud favouritest person of Indigo

Honoured Mook

Date:

Thank you MissChris :)

Alli, I want to study Acting, or Acting and theatre studies. My main 'strength' if you will, is physical and music based-audience interaction type stuff. Which makes no sense but I know what I mean. I've got a few friends at Met, a few at Northumbria, one at Birmingham School of Acting, and a few more dotted around everywhere.

I want to go somewhere good, but my grades won't allow me :( And I know I don't have the confidence to pull of the audition speeches I want to. I can't even go to drama classes in the evenings because of work.

a troubled cure for a troubled mind...

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Can you not take another qualification if you need to pull your grades up? I'm sorry to be so ignorant, but I really don't know a lot about this. Best of luck, Panda!

Honoured Mook

Date:

I don't think there's anything wrong with going the HND route if your grades aren't quite there. My best friend did this for an animal management degree- he really struggled with a-levels because he was always much more practical, and the writing didn't suit him, so he didn't complete his biology a-level and decided later to go the HND route instead. It was much more hands on and he enjoyed it a lot more. No harm in applying and see what you get!

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us