Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Is it just me or. . . ?

Seasoned Mookster

Date:
Is it just me or. . . ?

Is it just me or can anyone else feel a really powerful and intense energy in the air quite recently?

I've observed quite a lot of strange things in my city recently. . . mainly a lot of disputes and violence, over-reaction and sensitivity of others. I've noticed a lot of tension between people too.

Maybe this is just my city. . . maybe it's just me :/

If you feel this, do you think it's related to 2012?

I'm just curious for others views. . .

Personally I strongly believe that the world is changing a lot this year, weather-wise which I suppose would make quite a big impact on all around us, such as vegetation and so on, which would of course affect all sorts of energies. As for the violence, well that's just people not being used to the energy and not using it creatively.

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

Also everyone seems to be having cery strange or vivid dreams too.

Lush Guru

Date:

I think the world today is the same as the world was last year, or the year before, or the year before. There is no energy change (or even energy at all) where I live and I think people need to stop overreacting to this 'end of the world' bullshit which is a massive misinterpretation of a calender that is old as balls and should probably be left alone.

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

Oh is that what "do you think it's related to 2012?" was about?! I was like, "Related to 2012.... related...to 2012... I don't understand...."

Yeah the world isn't going to end.

If it does, you can laugh at me. But it won't.

Stalk me on my blog, I guess? xxx

Lush Guru

Date:

Well if it does, they can't laugh at you actually Cnadd, cos everyone'll be dead.

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

Oh no I most definitely doubt the world will end... I just think it's changing very much...

Good to hear your oppinions, but Alka, even if the world were not changing significantly as I believe, surely it's changing all the time with slight changes here and there? (global warming etc)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

A friend of mine has a nice theory relating to 22/11/12, about assorted Mayan calendar stuff combined bizarrely with the so called Age of Aquarious... She thinks that the world is opening more to the spiritual side of things and that there'll be loads of psychics popping up everywhere and stuff. Bit nicer than raining fieballs and so on, but it's all still very sci-fi sounding to me.

In regards to your initial comment, energy changes all the time. I don't think it has anything to do with any Nostradamos related madness myself.

Just your friendly neighbourhood dork of epic proportions

Vegetarbles food blog

Assorted shite blog

Resident Lord of Tiny Stretches - Sir Chris the Lubey

Proud favouritest person of Indigo

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Alka wrote:

I think the world today is the same as the world was last year, or the year before, or the year before. There is no energy change (or even energy at all) where I live and I think people need to stop overreacting to this 'end of the world' bullshit which is a massive misinterpretation of a calender that is old as balls and should probably be left alone.

Yup,what she said. People have been yelling about the end of the world for centuries and we're still here. It's gonna be good for a few funny stories in the papers the following day about people being disappointed the aliens didn't come and getting wasted,and then having to call in sick to work. (Or maybe just getting wasted). And that's about it. There's even a page on Nasa's website explaining why it's a load of toss,albeit politely.

Dave.

New posters should read "So you joined Mooky" in the FAQ forum. Or Matt Bellamy on an armoured flying unicorn shall smite you. With lasers! \m/

Mooky's Resident Emperor!

Honoured Mook

Date:

I have something about the 2012 thing to put everyone's minds at ease. The Mayan calendar did not take into account leap years, which were only introduced during Julius Ceaser's reign. Technically, the world should have ended 7-8 months ago. As for the tention recently, I do notice it a bit more, but I haven't really thought about it, so good point :)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

It's probably because All Hallows Eve is coming up where the divide between the spirit world and our world is at it's thinnest. I always start to feel weird around this time of year when the divide is thinning out.

Yes you may laugh at me and call me ridiculous now.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ nah, I get that feeling too around this time of the year! I'm not very sensitive to energy changes anymore, but last Friday there was DEFINITELY something going on. Loads happened to me, and when I logged into Mooky people were posting various stuff, some of which were big changes. Lots was happening to people in my life too. Coincidence perhaps, but I personally don't believe in coincidence :)

"You're a tough cookie, but all cookies are crumbly sometimes, that however, makes them no less of a cookie, and they're just as good as any other cookie." ~Indiana Jones

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Being a cynic... yeah, I won't finish that thought. Suffice it to say, we're just paranoid humans catching the itchy bug, by which I mean if someone's saying there's an itch going round, everyone starts to scratch.

"I'm a time lord and I can like travel all around space and through time and shit" he replied kindly.

Regular Crew

Date:

Interesting topic I must say, and I have been having the most unusually vivid dreams lately (I usually don't remember my dreams).

Also not a beleiver in coinsidences, so yeh I think you might be on to somethin there. And the weather is changing quite drastically in my opinion with flowers and berries flowering at different times then usual.

Runic Mook of the North (mod)

Date:

I firmly believe that everything is coincidences. Anyway, regarding the weather it is perfectly normal around here. Last year on the other hand had very weird autumn weather.

I feel weird these days, but that is simply because there is a lot of new stuff and new people in my life. Also I drink too much coffee and don't get enough sleep.

So I suppose my answer to the OP is no.

"So what you are saying is -I shouldn't play with fire" she said at last. "Of course you should" said One-Eye gently. "But don't be surprised if the fire play back." -Joanne Harris

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

The weird energy and change that everyone is feeling? It's because everyone is back in school/college/uni and reaching the point where it starts to feel futile shortly before the winter break and the start of exams. Big changes occur over Sept/Oct precisely because of this. More people visit doctors with stress related illnesses, people start getting the first winter colds and live-in students swap bugs like trading cards. Even outside the world of academia, parents are getting stressed with their little darlings, people are still born, still die, still marry and lose their jobs. That kind of stuff happens all the time, but right now the world and his wife are embracing the back to school blues. Not to mention the economic climate isn't exactly making for a population of happy bunnies.

Frankly, if you're only just noticing this now I'm going to hazard a guess that it's because no one was paying too much attention before now, and (like Lady Misery said) someone's said something bad is going to happen and everyone is pointing at anything they can see as the cause.

Thank fuck we're the only species self-aware enough to panic over shit like our own extinction though. When was the last time anyone saw a geniunely paranoid parakeet?

Life Is A Mystery x Death Is Not = Angels and Eyeliner going to Hell hand in hand...

Mooky's Resident Cardinal of Awesomeness

Don't make me take the shades off...

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Runic Mook of the North (mod)

Date:

I dunno about parakeets, but Carl Gustaf often seem to be expecting doomsday.

"So what you are saying is -I shouldn't play with fire" she said at last. "Of course you should" said One-Eye gently. "But don't be surprised if the fire play back." -Joanne Harris

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

i dont belive in all the end of the world stuff etc but i have had a massive shift in my life recently an i dont think its just the obvious stuff (therapy, not sexing crazy mofos etc) it does seem more spiritual than that but then again i am a practicing christian an blame everything on God lol

so what if i love each feather an each spangle, why not try an see things from a different angle?

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

If the whales ever disappear-that's when our number could be up. [Star Trek IV ;)]

Dave.

New posters should read "So you joined Mooky" in the FAQ forum. Or Matt Bellamy on an armoured flying unicorn shall smite you. With lasers! \m/

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

Yeah, alot of people I know believe in a polar shift other than "the end of the world" as it were. . .

I still feel a strange energy. . . I'm aware of the whole coming into winter thing too. . . maybe it is Hallows Eve approaching . . .

Booky Mooky (mod)

Date:

skgogosfan wrote:

If the whales ever disappear-that's when our number could be up. [Star Trek IV ;)]

Dave.

I'd say we need to keep an eye on the dolphins as well. Any particularly impressive tricks involving hoops, footballs and the tune of 'Star Spangled Banner' is most likely a warning. Alternatively, someone go and check the planning office on Alpha Centauri.

-Proud (and fertile!) Mooky Grandfather-

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Valkyrie Darkstone wrote:

I have something about the 2012 thing to put everyone's minds at ease. The Mayan calendar did not take into account leap years, which were only introduced during Julius Ceaser's reign. Technically, the world should have ended 7-8 months ago. As for the tention recently, I do notice it a bit more, but I haven't really thought about it, so good point :)

This isn't actually true!

The Mayans may not have used leap years, what's important isn't how accurate a calendar is, but the rules for deducing dates. The Mayan year wasn't a solar year, so it didn't matter that their calendar didn't follow the seasons.

The date of the so-called apocalypse was calculated using a correlation between the Gregorian calendar and one of Mayan calendars (they had two), keeping to the rules of date-deduction. We know when the Mayan calendar started, and we know how it counts forward. The 21/12/2012 date was calculated taking into account all leap years.

Sorry, that particular myth irritates me!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I haven't notice anything different violent or otherwise. I live in a city full of rude people.

Now me having bad luck on fridays is something new. It's never happened before but for the past month every friday something bad happens to me without fail. I don't believe in the whole 2012 thing though.

Coffee, the finest organic suspension ever devised. ~Star Trek: Voyager

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I completely forgot to reply to the OP in my excitement over knowing something about the Mayan calendar!

I haven't noticed anything different either, but then I feel weird all the time because things are constantly changing and I'm far too sensitive to other people.

I also don't believe that the world will end in 2012.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Yeah,if it were,why would all the shops be stocking Xmas stuff,(4 days after),and milk and canned goods have 2013 dates on? Unless...there's a huge global conspiracy to keep us in the dark! That must be it! lol.

Victoryxx wrote:

skgogosfan wrote:

Dave.

I'd say we need to keep an eye on the dolphins as well. Any particularly impressive tricks involving hoops, footballs and the tune of 'Star Spangled Banner' is most likely a warning. Alternatively, someone go and check the planning office on Alpha Centauri.

Take a torch if you do,the bulb's broken and you'll have to go down the stairs in the dark... ;)

btw,I'll be playing "Apocalypse Please" by Muse that night-and laughing at all the news stories about the idiots who actually believe this.

Dave.

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

Maybe I should have an apocalypse themed birthday party.

Stalk me on my blog, I guess? xxx

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Victoryxx wrote:
skgogosfan wrote:

Dave.

Hey! Why the Star Spangled Banner?confuse

Are we the root of all evil? I admit my country is a bit more douchey than you average country.

China took my signs with their river turning red and their yellow haze.

Coffee, the finest organic suspension ever devised. ~Star Trek: Voyager

Booky Mooky (mod)

Date:

^^^HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy reference. I urge you to listen to the radio show or read the book instead of watching the film. The film is an abomination.

-Proud (and fertile!) Mooky Grandfather-

Regular Crew

Date:

I don't really believe that the world is going to end but personally i feel a lot of things have been pretty strange lately and i can definitely relate to the having stange dreams bit.

Lush Guru

Date:

Ampersand wrote:

Maybe I should have an apocalypse themed birthday party.

OH GOD PLEASE DO.

Mookface (mod)

Date:

^ YES! Oh god I have just got a bit too excited, my Ragnarok senses are tingling.

-- Edited by Antonym on Thursday 18th of October 2012 08:51:07 AM

1 2  >  Last»  | Page of 2  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us