Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Alka Answers Your Questions About Lush (and other stuff, if you like).

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:
RE: Alka Answers Your Questions About Lush (and other stuff, if you like).

Oh, I have moar kwesjuns.

You mentioned getting a sample. How do I do that? If I ask for a sample will they just give me one? Is there a special code? I've never seen anyone in Lush giving anyone a sample of something to take home, so I don't know if it's a normal thing to ask for!

Stalk me on my blog, I guess? xxx

Runic Mook of the North (mod)

Date:

^ I don't know if it is a policy or anything, but I've noticed that every time I do some big shopping a.k.a. spending a lot of money, I'm always given a sample of something.

"So what you are saying is -I shouldn't play with fire" she said at last. "Of course you should" said One-Eye gently. "But don't be surprised if the fire play back." -Joanne Harris

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Oh they totally give them out like sweets there - particuarly if you spend lots of money but also if you spend nothing. Ask nicely and you'll get something for sure!

Just your friendly neighbourhood dork of epic proportions

Vegetarbles food blog

Assorted shite blog

Resident Lord of Tiny Stretches - Sir Chris the Lubey

Proud favouritest person of Indigo

Lush Guru

Date:

Yeah we sample really regularly. You can just ask, or once you've got chatting to an employee you can ask them or they will (hopefully) offer one. What's your nearest store?

As for the long ago factories question - I have an answer! We have: 2 in Canada - Toronto & Vancouver, 1 in Japan, 1 in Australia, 1 in Croatia, 1 in Chile, and 2 in the UK. New Zealand also has a little tiny factory which provides their fresh facemasks.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Do you get samples when you order off their site cuz I made an order last night and would love some samples!

Forget the horror here.

Lush Guru

Date:

I think with the mail order you have to put in the comments section what samples you want, because in store any samples are part of the conversation you have with the sales assistant, so obviously you don't get that online.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I got a random sample popped in with my last online order and I didn't ask for any - I think it depends on who you get and that sort of thing. They gave me a widdle tub of some retro bubblebath because most of my order was retro stuff.

Vegetarbles food blog

Assorted shite blog

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I'll keep my hopes up for a cheeky sample of something then :)

Forget the horror here.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

woooooooo i want samples! im going to order some stuff soon im very excited about my first lush in five years!

so what if i love each feather an each spangle, why not try an see things from a different angle?

Booky Mooky (mod)

Date:

When I ordered some things online they sent me a little face mask sample.

I have a question about the bubble bars. We have a house this year so we are planning to stock up soon, and Theology wants to know if there's anything good for sensitive/dry skin?

-Proud (and fertile!) Mooky Grandfather-

Lush Guru

Date:

The bubbleroons are more moisturising, but to be honest I would go down the bath melt route for very dry or very sensitive skin. Ballistics tend to be a bit kinder to more sensitive skin as well - Butterball is a good one, which is beautiful and heavily overlooked.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Alkalicious, please could you recommend me some things which will help my skin a bit? It's very confused and doesn't seem to know what it's doing.

My skin: mainly a bit oily, but spontaneously dry in patches, mainly on my forehead. My cheeks are sensitive and often get dry and a bit red, but sometimes decide to spot up of their own accord. My nose and chin are my main greasy zones, and if I get spots they're pretty much always on my chin or round my mouth.

My current routine: I cleanse with Angels on Bare Skin, and moisturise with Enzymion (which I love, because it sinks right in and doesn't leave my face greasy afterwards). That's it.

Other things: I wear face make-up (foundation and some concealer) most days, and usually (ahem) remember to take it off before bed. I'm vegetarian and my diet is pretty decent, but lapses in healthy eating tend to show up in my skin (spotty blotchy chin), as do hormonal mentals.

Are there things you can recommend I do/use to make my poor confused face behave itself a bit better? Anything to help the spotty chin and the sensitive cheeks? General good practices for skincare? Anything would be helpful!

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

^That's my skintype too!!! I get at least one spot on my chin every month (during shark week) and also if I eat greasy food!

Also, did you re-vegetarianate?!

Stalk me on my blog, I guess? xxx

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^I can feel at least six or seven little spots (and some bigger ones) on my chin at the moment. I can't remember the last time I had a breakout like this! Re. greasy food, Austerlitz and I once had a decadent evening of baked Camembert and creme brulee (it was Valentine's day, shush), and I woke up the next morning with proper nasty poppable spots all over everywhere. Definitely my body's way of complaining about my dietary habits!

(Also, yes I did re-vegetarianate, and so did the manperson this time which is quite fun!)

Lush Guru

Date:

Annis my beautiful love, I have to start by saying that the sadpills are known to sometimes cause skin problemos. Boo, I agree but so it goes.

Stick with AOBS, if you want to add a toner go for Eau Roma Water (lots of rose, very soothing for your red sore bits) then I would try Vanishing Cream or Cosmetic Lad. I love VC personally because it's very light and has some nice anti-bacterial ingredients which helps with the spotty issues.

I would also add in a Full of Grace serum bar for night time. So after you take your make up off (naughty!), use AOBS and tone, then a healthy dose of Full of Grace. It is a bit more greasy which is why I go for night use rather than day use but so full of brilliant stuff for your face. Amazing for more sensitive skins and brilliant on spots as well (it may cause a few at first, but stick with it I promise). Also good under face masks for which (if you fancied one) I would recommend............LOVE LETTUCE. Omnomnom I love this stuff. Super loads of lavender to balance your skin.

The most important things are:

Sticking to a routine.
Cleansing morning and night.
Moisturising morning and night.
Taking off your make up!

If you only wanted to go for one product I would try switching the moisturiser. I think Enzymion is too fruity for your skin as described.

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

ah i wouldnt mind some advice on face masks!?

my skin is slightly greasy down the old t zone more so around my nostril area, i sweat dead easily an when the weather plays up i can get a bit dry across the cheeks an the bridge of my nose (the perals of wearing glasses all the time)

so what face mask should i use?

so what if i love each feather an each spangle, why not try an see things from a different angle?

Lush Guru

Date:

At the risk of repeating myself my first thought is Love Lettuce. You could also go for Catastrophe Cosmetic, and I would definitely try at some point BB Seaweed because I'm combination like yourself and absolutely love it.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Alka wrote:

Annis my beautiful love, I have to start by saying that the sadpills are known to sometimes cause skin problemos. Boo, I agree but so it goes.

Stick with AOBS, if you want to add a toner go for Eau Roma Water (lots of rose, very soothing for your red sore bits) then I would try Vanishing Cream or Cosmetic Lad. I love VC personally because it's very light and has some nice anti-bacterial ingredients which helps with the spotty issues.

I would also add in a Full of Grace serum bar for night time. So after you take your make up off (naughty!), use AOBS and tone, then a healthy dose of Full of Grace. It is a bit more greasy which is why I go for night use rather than day use but so full of brilliant stuff for your face. Amazing for more sensitive skins and brilliant on spots as well (it may cause a few at first, but stick with it I promise). Also good under face masks for which (if you fancied one) I would recommend............LOVE LETTUCE. Omnomnom I love this stuff. Super loads of lavender to balance your skin.

The most important things are:

Sticking to a routine.
Cleansing morning and night.
Moisturising morning and night.
Taking off your make up!

If you only wanted to go for one product I would try switching the moisturiser. I think Enzymion is too fruity for your skin as described.

Thanks so much, lovely lady! I'll try and behave better re. taking my make-up off, haha.

I went to Lush today, and bought a pot of Love Lettuce! Rather balked at the price of Vanishing Cream (though I understand why it's the price it is, etc), and since I got distracted by Fun (which is AMAZING!) and accidentally (ahem) bought some of the orange blossom one, Vanishing Cream will have to wait til I've run out of Enzymion.

Will see if the Mr wants to do face masks tonight (it's hilarious when he does, because he's only able to put it on the upper half of his face because of the beard). We had a Sunnyside fight and now his beard's full of glitter :D

Booky Mooky (mod)

Date:

^^^Photographs of glitterbeard, please!

-Proud (and fertile!) Mooky Grandfather-

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Glitterbeard sounds like a glam rock wizard. Like a mash up of Gandalf and Roy Wood in Wizzard.

Tumblr

Lush Guru

Date:

Annis - Lovely! Try Lettuce-ing twice a week, and stick to your routine to see if things improve. Vanishing Cream is a bit more, try a sample first!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

OH MIGHTY ALKA: Will goth juice ever be coming back? :\

Lush Guru

Date:

I doubt it. I loved the smell of that shit, oh my god.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

alka my lovely could you describe the scent of twilight please? as i cant go in the shop an have a sniff for myself im reduced to reading the descriptions on the website or lush times an they always seem a little vague to me

Lush Guru

Date:

Lavender, with a sweeter undertone of Ovaltine/malt. It is really warming and lovely - definitely one to try!

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I tried Lime Fun today, hoping it would bring me out of a funk, and it's helped a bit.

"Just because someone doesnt love you the way you want them to doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have." -- Truman Capote

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ We love the blue one here! It makes a really good pre-bath time relaxing play activity thing, as opposed to the usual running around and squealing like idiots!

Vegetarbles food blog

Assorted shite blog

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Okay, so I went to Lush today to take a look at (and sniff) all the Christmas things. Yay Snow Fairy! Yay! I also bought Celestial, it smells lovely and I hope it helps my sensitive skin.

"Wilfred Allsop was sitting up, his face pale, his eyes glassy, his hair disordered. He looked like the poet Shelley after a big night out with Lord Byron." - P. G. Wodehouse

Mooky's Decadent Victorian Aesthete

Lush Guru

Date:

Alligator wrote:

I tried Lime Fun today, hoping it would bring me out of a funk, and it's helped a bit.

I'm really pleased. You could (and should!) also try Grass shower gel. Neroli oil is used in aromatherapy to induce euphoria. Lush do a lot of products with neroli in, but Grass is my favourite.

Mookface (mod)

Date:

Fun is brilliant and I love it! One question - it says that for body and hair, just lather up - it works fine for my body, but I can't get the hang of using it for hair, like, getting enough bubbles - is there a knack, or is it just better suited to folks with shorter hair?

«First  <  1 2 3 4 59  >  Last»  | Page of 9  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us