Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: What are you currently playing?

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
RE: What are you currently playing?

^I hadn't even heard of it (and I'm sure I should've) but it looks amaaazing, game envy.

I've been itching to replay Shadow of Memories lately for the third or fourth time, haha. No idea why that game sucks me in so much, I do love the creepy little homunculus though. Kind of feel like revisiting some old PS1 and 2 games, guess I'm getting nostalgic for the Christmas holidays as a young teen where I'd play videogames in bed all day and night :p

Harlan :-)

("they" pronouns please, mookyfolk)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^^ Chris, Beyond Two Souls looks like a very special game. I read a little bit about it and I especially like the idea that every decision you make can affect the story and the game. And the graphics looks insanely beautiful. It always amaze me to see how fast the video game world evolves. How is the game play? Some people complain about it so I was wondering what were your thoughts.

''Just when I discovered the meaning of life, they changed it.'' George Carlin

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ Well dear Wyno, personally I find the fighting system is a pain in the ass. Some of the game play is incredibly annoying - I had to re-do a short, repetitive scene very near the start (read - easy, basic stuff) about six or seven times because it was so fiddly and tricky and stupid. Now that I'm a bit more used to the gameplay though, it IS getting a bit easier, but it's still quite easy to muck up the action commands - lots of button mashing and stuff.

The whole thing is like playing a massive cutscene with commands in it, or a movie with commands. The story is incredible, though, and in parts, it's actually the creepiest game I've encountered in years. Every turn of the plot leaves you guessing, I'm still not clear on the story's end game and I'm several hours in. It really is unlike anything else I've played! Aiden is pretty cool as well :)

Just your friendly neighbourhood dork of epic proportions

Vegetarbles food blog

Assorted shite blog

Resident Lord of Tiny Stretches - Sir Chris the Lubey

Proud favouritest person of Indigo

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^Thanks for the very useful tips Chris! I was tempted to buy it but I get easily angry when I play annoying fighting system games...

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

We started State of Decay on PC two days ago. There are some graphic issues and technical game play problems but it's a fun and stressful zombie-survival game. I like the fact that you don't only have to kill tons of zombies, you also have to be strategic, find a home, make it safe, go get food and medicine. The decisions you make and the way you act towards other characters influence the game direction. It's like a zombie apocalypse version of the Sims.

Edit: We discovered that this game continue to run through while you're not playing. We didn't play for a couple of days and now we have no more food, no ammunition and some characters are dead. That's not fun.

-- Edited by Wyno on Monday 30th of December 2013 05:15:20 PM

Honoured Mook

Date:

Dust: An Elysian Tail - best £2.99 I evah spent n the Steam sale. Love love love it. Brings a whole new side to platforming. Best sidekick ever. Zomgs I love it.

I want a Nimbat. 

Sophie

The world is quiet here ...

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Was playing Beyond TS for ages last night, it's really excellent once you get properly used to the quirks of it. SO triggery, though...

Does anyMook wanna be fwiends on Animal crossing because I am lonely mayor (and getting fed up with the in game limitations)?

Vegetarbles food blog

Assorted shite blog

Regular Crew

Date:

I love Animal Crossing, but I don't have the latest one, or internet that supports the whole long-distance code thing - dongles rock for many uses, but not that one.

I'm playing Pokemon SoulSilver - I'm ALWAYS playing Pokemon - and I just got something really rare that makes them a little bit stronger, so I'm happy there. I'm also playing Sims 2 a lot, and Bully - which, despite being ridiculous, is very entertaining. I do roleplay fiction, and one of my characters is in a school, so playing a school-based games is fun.

I've heard of Dust: An Elysian Tale. I might check it out.

"Nobody realises that some people expend tremendous amounts of energy merely to be normal" - Albert Carnus

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I'm playing Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. At first I wasn't sure what to make of it - the start is much different to what I'd seen in the demo and although I enjoyed it, it didn't hold my attention too well. Pretty soon though everything changes in the game, it's really brilliant. I've been sucked in now, going to bed late and waking up early so I can play more. Oops :p
It really is a game version of Studio Ghibli films. It's so cute :3

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ I was playing that around this time last year, it's adorable but I wound up getting fed up of the Pokemon type qualities toit!

I'm 60 hours into Final Fantasy X remastered edition. So beautiful!

Vegetarbles food blog

Assorted shite blog

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

The Sims 3! I have got the Ambitions, Seasons and Late Night expansions which all add up to making it utterly immersive and addictive.

Tinker, tailor, soldier, sailor, rich man, poor man, beggar man, thief.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I'm playing FIFA 2012, because my brothers won't let me on the Xbox and it's the only game I have for my PS3. It turns out I'm actually quite good at FIFA, who knew?

Also, when I do get five minutes on the Xbox, Super Meat Boy.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Katawa Shoujo. It's a sim date made by 4chan (oh dear God) where you date girls with disabilities (Indiana what is wrong with you!??). It's actually well done, though, although not perfect and definitely problematic at times, it manages to do it very well and treats the disabilities very well and sensitively. It's not exactly easy, though, the storyline I just played was pretty hard at times.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^Ah, I was really curious about that when I heard about it like a year or two ago, but I was having trouble with the language patch or something? I see it's now been translated into English though? I really want to play but I don't have a computer right now :(

I finished Ni No Kuni the other day, finally! I'd been playing it for months. It's a really long game, to be fair, but I also had my PS3 break on me. It was a really lovely game though, although the ending battles were a little bit easy considering there was such a big build up. Anyway, now I'm playing Heavy Rain! I really like it so far despite hating the walking controls. Everyone I've met who's played it has told me I'd like it, even people who didn't like it themselves, and so far they're right! I've been hearing this for years, I don't know why I never got around to playing it sooner. I also picked up Beyond: Two Souls because it was on sale :)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Yeah, I downloaded the English version. I was expecting the worst but figured as it's free I should give it a go and was pleasantly surprised!

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^That's good to hear :) sounds like it could've either gone well or really really badly, so I'm glad it was okay. I'll have to give it a shot when I get my computer up and running.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ Go for it, there's also a comedy relief character who is pretty much a parody of MRAs, he's rather insane.

-- Edited by Indiana_Jones on Sunday 14th of September 2014 01:53:02 PM

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I finished Beyond: Two Souls last night, then this morning played the last chapter a few more times so I'd get another 3 endings. I nevvvver play games for multiple endings, if I really care I'll play 2 endings maximum (if they're easy to get) or I'll youtube the endings, but usually I'm happy to just go along with the whatever ending I get. I did that when I finished Heavy Rain last week(?) even though I thought it was a better game, but I was really invested in some of the characters in this game! I likely would've played the rest of the endings too but I got too attached to some characters to do what I needed to in order to get the other endings. It was such a good game! Despite preferring the gameplay of Heavy Rain, I kind of miss (that sounds weird...) the characters more in this now I've finished it. I don't know if it was longer but it lasted me longer and felt like there was a lot more to it too.

Now I'm playing The Last of Us, I've had my eye on it for ages but didn't know if I'd like it or not. I got it as a gift a few days ago though :) I'm not far in at all, I only played about 15-20 minutes this afternoon, so I can't say whether I'll like it or not. So far so good though.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

About my last post - The Last of Us was an awesome game!! I was sad when I finished it.

I got Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk from a friend. I really enjoyed the game itself, but you've got a time limit to complete all your tasks and I failed, so my ending felt very rushed and disappointing. Not really into games with time limits, especially in RPGs, because I like having time to explore and complete side quests. The game itself was heaps of fun though.

Now I'm playing Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland, from the same series. It looks like they break your tasks down into more obvious chunks so hopefully I won't be outta time again. It's a nice little game, but I did find Atelier Ayesha a bit more fun.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

The Wolf Among Us. Oh my goodness I love it so much I could seriously fan over this. I can't wait to finish it but I also dread it.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I'm playing the ipad versions of Broken Sword and Ace Attorney. Really enjoying both :)

Regular Crew

Date:

Lately ive been playing Wet. Not to far into it but so far so good. I like the game play. I'm also an avid Gears of War player it's my fav

“To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best day and night to make you like everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight and never stop fighting.” ― E.E. Cumming

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I have to revive this thread because I spent the last two days playing PlayStation VR and it's without any doubt the best invention since sliced bread! I have no words to describe how incredible it is. I feel like a kid on Christmas morning!

Today I race in a Ferrari (DriveClub), got attacked by a shark (VR Worlds) and almost peed my pants (Here They Lie). Oh, and I even was Batman for a couple hours! All that in 3D, in my living room.

I'm telling you my friends, the future is now.

-- Edited by Wyno on Sunday 16th of October 2016 04:42:57 AM

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I just finished Final Fantasy X (for the 2nd time) and Resident Evil 0. The other games I'm playing these days are The Last Guardian, the last Need for Speed game and Lethal VR.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Finished my second playthrough of Tyranny, tried to like Undertale and failed, now playing Baldur's Gate, the mother of all RPGs.

"Wilfred Allsop was sitting up, his face pale, his eyes glassy, his hair disordered. He looked like the poet Shelley after a big night out with Lord Byron." - P. G. Wodehouse

Mooky's Decadent Victorian Aesthete

Honoured Mook

Date:

^ Chap spoke about Baldur's Gate just today! 

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

"You must gather your party before venturing forth."

I'm playing Dragon Age: Inquisition, again, because I left it off somewhere in the middle after my game glitched and my character stopped levelling up, and I'm also playing through Mass Effect, again, just because.

I also very briefly played a super silly free game on Steam where you design a spacecraft and do battle with other spacecraft, which isn't really my thing but it was a bit of fun.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I started The Last Of Us today and lost a good 10 hours... Usually, I'm not a big fan of action, shooter games but this one really is something special.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Resident Evil 7 on Playstation VR. It's so freaking scary, I jumped and screamed many times and almost peed my pants.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I've never been a fan of online games, but my boyfriend convinced me to give Elder Scrolls Online a try and I'm really enjoying it! Also super excited because Obsidian announced Pillars of Eternity 2 yesterday. Squeeeee!

"Wilfred Allsop was sitting up, his face pale, his eyes glassy, his hair disordered. He looked like the poet Shelley after a big night out with Lord Byron." - P. G. Wodehouse

Mooky's Decadent Victorian Aesthete

«First  <  1 2 3 4 5 6  >  Last»  | Page of 6  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us