Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: What are you currently playing?

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
RE: What are you currently playing?

Bought Tomb Raider the other night on Steam for two fiddy yo. Jethro and I played it for four straight hours ha. We're also playing this really cute, if a little difficult game called Mechanarium. And I'm playing Mario on the Wii!

"You're a tough cookie, but all cookies are crumbly sometimes, that however, makes them no less of a cookie, and they're just as good as any other cookie." ~Indiana Jones

Honoured Mook

Date:

We just bought Mario for the Wii (at last) and I've found the old Harry Potter PC games, which I'm about to install and play on my laptop. Like the hardcore gamer I truly am..

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I gave up on AC, bit too slow paced to correctly keep my mind occupied ATM... And now I'm playing E.S. IV: Oblivion :D

Just your friendly neighbourhood dork of epic proportions

Vegetarbles food blog

Assorted shite blog

Resident Lord of Tiny Stretches - Sir Chris the Lubey

Proud favouritest person of Indigo

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

SKYRIM AT LAST.

Forget the horror here.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ YAY! It's so good!

I'm still messing about with Oblivion, though I must admit I NEARLY chucked it out the window because I just kept dying, and my skills, while a little reckless, are off the charts! So I reduced myself to whimping out and turning the difficulty right the way down... But now it's really easy and quick and fun and slightly less time consuming, so I'll allow it :D

Speaking of the Elder Scrolls, I seem to have developed a love for dark elves - three of my saves have different dark elf chracters, now! Does anyone else do that with particular races, or do you all swap around a lot?

Vegetarbles food blog

Assorted shite blog

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ I gotta admit, I love Khajeet, they're just so awesome and I can always come up with fun and somewhat fiendish personalities for them.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I STILL haven't made a Khajeet character for myself, I keep meaning to and just going back to my old reliable instead! Here's another silly ES question - have you ever come across a game charater and said "omg, that's like *whichever person*!!"? I love doing that in video games in general :p

Vegetarbles food blog

Assorted shite blog

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Dragon's Dogma!

Tinker, tailor, soldier, sailor, rich man, poor man, beggar man, thief.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I'm currently playing a scattering of Tale of Tales' indie games - The Graveyard, The Path, FATALE... I always loved The Endless Forest, but it's the only one of their games that's not Mac compatible. :(

The Path is so creepy I am genuinely quite disturbed by it. I haven't got around to FATALE yet, but I will play it very soon.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I'm nearly through Dragon Age Origins. I don't think I should be allowed to play the DA games, I get too emotionally invested in the story and it gives me too many feels. It's not as bad as DA2 when I was being driven out of my mind by Cerazette and cried, but I feel so bad for my character! D:

Souljacker can't get my soul

Left my carcass with the worms and moles

He can hang my neck from the old flagpole

But the souljacker can't get my soul.

Silly Whore.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^I played as a Dalish elf and wept so hard when I found out what happened to Tamlen. All the feels. All of them.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Indigo Empress wrote:

Bought Tomb Raider the other night on Steam for two fiddy yo. Jethro and I played it for four straight hours ha. We're also playing this really cute, if a little difficult game called Mechanarium. And I'm playing Mario on the Wii!

oh god, my lady and I just finished Machinarium the other night. It was bloody hard! Have you played Tiny Bang Story? It's kind of similar but easier.

Recently my lady and I have just been playing loads of (mostly trials, bought one or two) the Big Fish iPad games. They're all crappy point and clicky/hidden object but the crappiness makes it great.

I'm also working on Final Fantasy 13-2 which is MUCH better than 11 and 13 (haven't played 12) and I kinda like it, but it doesn't compare to the older games. I'm still pleasantly surprised though, I got it for really cheap so I figured it would be as poop as 13, but it's actually pretty fun.

Harlan :-)

("they" pronouns please, mookyfolk)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ Great game, REALLY hard near the end but much closer to their older stuff. 13 was decent but I wouldn't bother with 11 or 12 at all! I'm actually playing 7 ATM, for the first time ever, but the dodgy ancient controls are pissing me off a lot so I've taken a little break!

Vegetarbles food blog

Assorted shite blog

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^Yeah, it actually reminds me a bit of 10-2, which I know not many people like but I love. 13-2 seems like a mix between 10-2 and 13, which I guess makes sense, with the name :P
I'm probably going to revisit some of the older games once I'm done, I never did finish 9 despite loving it because one of the discs was screwed up, so I might try get ahold of that. Which are your favourites? xx

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ 9 is pretty much my single favourite game in the world. The stories related to that game that've inspired so much else in my life... The only thing that's ever come close to making me as happy was Skyrim! 10 is a very very close favorite too, but I've never finished it because it was INSANELY hard... But they're making a remastered edition that's going to be more user friendly! :D

Paula, if you have a PS3, I could give you my details and you can add me there and download my copy of 9 if you like, I'm fairly certain it's free that way - plus it's not a hard copy so no worrying about screwed up disks!

Vegetarbles food blog

Assorted shite blog

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^Yeah, it's definitely one of my favourites too, but I feel a bit silly saying so seeing as I haven't finished it :P I'm excited to complete it though. I've never checked out Skyrim, my girlfriend's not a fan and she seemed to think I wouldn't like it. Maybe I'll check it out sometime.

Aw, that's so sweet of you! I do have a PS3 but I've only just started using it, so I have no idea how anything works :P I'm quite a way in so I wouldn't really want to have to replay it either, but I don't know how much a new physical copy of the game would be. Mind if I have a look online and if it's really pricey, I'll take you up on that?

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ Sure! :) TBH I'm not entirely sure how to do it either, but Skittles and his mate do it all the time with their games so I'm sure he could explain the process, it doesn't look too complex thankfully! Good luck trying to find a hard copy though, there's not many around! And you'll need a functioning PS1!

Skyrim's ridiculously long-winded and time consuming and unpredictable, I've had my copy a year and I still feel like I haven't finished it, I probably never will! It is SUCH a pretty game to look at though. I know that's a silly thing to say but it's honestly one of my favourite things about it!

Vegetarbles food blog

Assorted shite blog

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

cowl wrote:

^I played as a Dalish elf and wept so hard when I found out what happened to Tamlen. All the feels. All of them.

I just finished the game and got a nice ending, I can't believe it! I have a feeling what I did to ensure a nice ending will come back to bite me in DA3 though. :P

Silly Whore.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Age of Empires 3. I play as the French, and I love how they shout "OUI!!" when I give them commands.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Sims 2, with a load of lovely extension packs added,
Dragon Age: Origins,
Skyrim with all the mods and bells and whistles.

Tinker, tailor, soldier, sailor, rich man, poor man, beggar man, thief.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I miss Skyrim and DA: Origins, but I play Skyrim on my housemate's Steam account and I've accidentally logged him out, and Dragon Age is only installed on my PC, which is at my mother's house. I think my housemate has it installed too, but again it's on his Steam account. :(

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I'm currently working through my third Skyrim save, as well as Kid Icarus for 3DS and co-piloting on Skittles' Skylanders save as Hex/ Cynder/ Trigger Happy. He also bought me the new Kingdom Hearts for 3DS and we are VERY eagerly awaiting our pre-ordered DMC's arrival in a few weeks time! I'm also dying to get my hands on the re-release of FFX - it's going to be a fucking platinum year for gaming!!

I have a ridiculously huge list of games I've got saves of but not finished, mostly because a lot of them got really time consuming and difficult and slow-moving after a while, which is terribly annoying when you've just an hour or two at night to play... But nothing, NOTHING has seen me more determined than attempting to actually solidly finish Skyrim - as in, do ever mission that doesn't refresh itself. I did quite well with my first save but missed significantly more than I expected... This time, babeh!

Vegetarbles food blog

Assorted shite blog

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

Skyrim.
Pandora's tower.
Kingdom of hearts.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Still working through Skyrim save 3 (as a Breton if anyone was wondering).

Haven't touched Kid Icarus since my last post, oops...

Just started Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance.

Still working through Skylanders, which is awesome in case anyone was wondering about getting it, but it works out v expensive because you WILL wind up buying more figures for it... I'm playing as Hex/ Stealth Elf/ Lightning Rod.

And most importantly, DMC. Just arrived today (we pre-ordered and it was late but meh, it's here now). IT'S AAAAAAAMAAAAAAAAAZINGGGGGGG. Of all the Devil May Cry series, I really, really think they've properly nailed this one - the gameplay is magnificent, the graphics are great, the story is incredibly good (they FINALLY go and sort through his family - here's hoping they explain Nero in the next one!!) and DANTE GETS NAKED. 'Nuff said.

Vegetarbles food blog

Assorted shite blog

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

World of Warcraft with Tolkien. I've gotten really into the new battle pets thing they have and right now we're planning on selling stuff in the auction house for hopefully lots of money.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

The new Devil May Cry... As always with DmC, the gameplay is incredible! Oh, and the brand new version of Dante is a sight for sore eyes. :)

''Just when I discovered the meaning of life, they changed it.'' George Carlin

Mookface (mod)

Date:

Plants vs Zombies...

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I'm currently watching my housemate play The Walking Dead, and it's fucking terrifying.

I am also incredibly emotionally invested in Carley, but I know what happens to her... ehhh...

-- Edited by cowl on Sunday 20th of January 2013 05:43:12 PM

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

SKYRIM.
So yeah I'm completely addicted. SO MANY QUESTS.

Silly Whore.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I just finished DMC twenty minutes ago and now my life as no purpose :(

Vegetarbles food blog

Assorted shite blog

«First  <  1 2 3 46  >  Last»  | Page of 6  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us