Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Considering getting some new metal

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
Considering getting some new metal

As the title says, I'm considering getting a new piercing. The thing is, I'm not exactly sure what to get.

I currently have a tragus and a helix on my left ear. The helix isn't quite healed so a piercing on my right ear would be a bad idea (I have to sleep on my side, I can't sleep on my back).

I also cannot have a belly button piercing; I got one a few years ago and my body rejected it, so I have too much scar tissue there.

So with that, what suggestions do you guys have?

Also I apologise for any bad spelling and grammar, I'm pretty hungover right now.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

A good piercer can anchor a piercing behind scar tissue, and arguably the scarring is stronger and means the piercing is less likely to reject. The jury is kind of out on that one tho as there's a lot of mixed opinions, but it makes sense to me!

Here's the beauty of it - you've got fuck all piercings. That means you've lots of free space!! Have a look at BME.com's wiki (no link, in a hurry) for a full list of potential piercings to chose from, with pictures and lots of aftercare advice.

Just your friendly neighbourhood dork of epic proportions

Vegetarbles food blog

Assorted shite blog

Resident Lord of Tiny Stretches - Sir Chris the Lubey

Proud favouritest person of Indigo

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

MissChris is right - when you have so few piercings, the piercing world is your oyster! I'm finally starting to run out of things I want pierced and, as much as I'll love the completed look, I will be quite sad when I have nothing left I want to do...I like getting new piercings!

Are you thinking along the lines of ear piercings, body piercings, facial piercings...? 

Whatever you're going for, I'd advise that you plan the the ones you want at a later date quite carefully - a lot of people find themselves retiring piercings when it turns out that they don't fit in with the over all look they want, which works out to be a bit of a waste of money and healing time!

I didn't plan my facial piercings that carefully - I just had what I wanted done as decided I wanted it! - but it worked out OK, as I don't want any more...but I would recommend doing what I did when trying to decide what more I wanted doing to my ears, which was to photograph my ears and draw on them with Paint to give myself a rough idea of how it would look. If you have photoshop and are good at using it (I don't, and am not) that would probably be better!

xxx Eve

Honoured Mook

Date:

I can't really give any proper advice like Eve and Chris can, seeing as I only have three lobe piercings overall, but I thought I'd ask if you like lip piercings? I've always thought snakebites and spiderbites are lovely.

His lips were blue.
Well, I guess they were pink, but they looked blue and I couldn't help but notice how they matched his eyes.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Thanks for the help MissChris and Eve! I'd heard of BME before but didn't realise that they had a wiki and even though I suck at photoshop the idea of "testing" piercings out on paint didn't even occur to me. So I guess now I've got some careful thinking and planning to do, which sounds pretty fun if you ask me.

I guess I was rather vague; I was thinking along the lines of body or ear, the thing is I'm scared of needles so having my face done and having it all right in front of my face seems really intimidating to me.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

^Hehehe, planning piercings is fun...I love doing that!

If you told your piercist that you are a little afraid of needles and asked if you could close your eyes, I'm sure s/he wouldn't mind. If it's really a facial piercing that you're after, close your eyes and ask for a warning when the needle is about to go through. When you get the warning, take a deep breath in, and breathe out as the needle goes through - it seems to hurt less.

Would you consider facial piercings if you didn't have to look?

Eat something before you go, and take a bottle of full-sugar pop with you to drink before and afterwards (unless you're going for an oral piercing...in which case, eat something then brush your teeth!) to keep your sugar levels up. A lot of people feel dizzy after piercings because, whether you're scared or not, there's always a little adrenaline rush caused by the pain...and when the rush subsides, your sugar level can drop. The adrenaline rush is greater if you're scared, so make sure you prepare yourself :).

xxx Eve

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Even though you said you're not considering getting a facial piercings, I highly recommend getting your schnoz pierced. I adore my piercing, it didn't hurt at all and it looks brilliant, healed really well too. And it makes me happy to have something shiny and pretty on my face even when I'm not wearing make up.

"Wilfred Allsop was sitting up, his face pale, his eyes glassy, his hair disordered. He looked like the poet Shelley after a big night out with Lord Byron." - P. G. Wodehouse

Mooky's Decadent Victorian Aesthete

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

When I read the title,I thought it was the other sort of metal lol. \m/

Dave.

New posters should read "So you joined Mooky" in the FAQ forum. Or Matt Bellamy on an armoured flying unicorn shall smite you. With lasers! \m/

Mooky's Resident Emperor!

Honoured Mook

Date:

I'm not friendly with needles either (actually scared shitless of anything pointy coming near my skin), so I make a point of always going to a piercer that knows how to treat people! I've had some shitty ones who disregarded all fears I told them about, but have finally found a few good ones. My septum was easily my most painful piercing but also the easiest/most relaxed one because the guy who did it completely understood that I was scared and helped me stay calm in any way possible.
Aaaaanyways my point is: don't let a fear of needles scare you, but find a piercer that makes you feel comfortable and takes his/her time with you and any piercing will be just fine :)

As for what peircing you could/should get.. There's so many great ones! I love the look of nipple piercings, although I'm not sure I'd get them myself.. As for facial piercings: if you drop a picture of your face I'm sure someone here could do a few photoshop thingies to it? Or we could all go and suggest stuff that would look good on you!

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

I would definitely recommend getting your septum pierced. I think it looks pretty and its my favourite piercing. I've had it done for a year now an I haven't had any trouble with and its really easy to hide. The piercing itself didn't hurt but I suppose everyone's different but the healing process seemed to last forever. You can get lots of different rings of all shapes, colours and sizes so your not limited to just one kind of ring. I change mine all the time! Good luck and let us know what you decide. :)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

This is a 6 month old thread...

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

Oh......I'm such a knucklehead

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us