Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Short hair just ain't sexy...

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
RE: Short hair just ain't sexy...

I've got pretty short hair already, but I keep getting the overwhelming urge to chop it off into a pixie cut... not a fan of my ears, though, so I'm not sure I'd want the world to be aware of them all the time. What to doooooo!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

awaywiththefaeries wrote:

growing out undercuts is well....ughhhh why oh why haha

my undercut is now 3 inch long dready stumps.... i'm tempted to re cut it though, as i'm boiling to death at the moment in britains heatwave and i love the feel of air on the back of my neck in the summer.

but i digress. i think on balance i look 'sexier' with short hair, but i'm lazy and can't be bothered with the upkeep.

'there's always light at the end of the tunnel, just sometimes it's a train'

Honoured Mook

Date:

I had gone for a trim awhile back, and after I told the lady what I wanted she preceded to tell me if I cut 1 inch more off than I could donate it. So I said yes. 1 inch ended up being about 3 inches and I ended up with hair at my chin, which I had only had once before as a child. I think I pulled it off, and washing it was definitely less hassle, but since it was so short it flipped out as the end and so I have to straighten it like crazy. So its actually less up-keep for me to just leave it long. I absolutely love short hair even though its not for me.

-- Edited by Peacepeep on Tuesday 16th of July 2013 03:43:53 AM

And when you cry, Ill be right there telling you,

You were never anything less than beautiful. 

Regular Crew

Date:

That's true my ladies, my boyfriend loves my long hair and he always says that It's so sexy:)

Min nyeste styling: Grå sweatshirt med print, blå jeans og Adidas sneakers

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

My boyface loves my fuzz. I'm almost bald and will be for the foreseeable future. Shaving my hair off is one of the best things I've ever done. Woo \m/

"You're a tough cookie, but all cookies are crumbly sometimes, that however, makes them no less of a cookie, and they're just as good as any other cookie." ~Indiana Jones

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

My boyfriend prefers me with longer hair, but only said it to me once, when I was talking about growing it this time last year, because he doesn't want to influence my decisions about my body. :)

I do really want to have it all shaved off again, though, I'm just being on the fence about it...

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

I'm thinking about lopping mine off too, it's so boring when it's longer because it grows slowly and it's never in any discernable style. Lately I've been thinking about going shorter at the back and lower sides, and having a longer mop on top and a swishy side fringe.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I'm really enjoying my short dreads, I wear my hair like I did in my Halloween pic but I like to switch up different scarves. I never thought I would fall in love with head scarves but I absolutely love them, theirs just so much I can do!

Coffee, the finest organic suspension ever devised. ~Star Trek: Voyager

Regular Crew

Date:

I think it's weird that some people think that it's not attractive or feminine. Flappers were very feminine and pixie cuts are cute, Hell as long you're gorgeous you can do whatever you want to your hair. I've seen a lot punk chicks I thought were beautiful, I wish I looked that cool. Lol

-- Edited by Bathroomclowns on Friday 6th of December 2013 11:05:34 PM

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I think I look prettier with shorter hair, I have quite prominent features and I think short enhances them. When ever I ccut my hair shorter everyone comments on how good I look with short hair. Right now my hair is pretty much the shortest it has been really. I know Glitterphobe likes it as he likes running his hands through it. Although when it was longer it was always so backcombed and full of spray it wasn't possible! either way, I was saying how I miss have floofy big hair and he said that he likes it this length. So fuck you to anyone who says short hair isn't sexy. Although I am not technically a woman and Glitterphobe does also like my chest when I'm wearing a binder, and when I'm not. Short hair does make me look more masculine but pretty.

Florian xxx 

Dont you ever, Stop being dandy, showing me you're handsome. 

He/they pronouns pls

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I don't think I could go short all over but I really like my shaved part and Surfer enjoys stroking it, it helps me sleep :)

Forget the horror here.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

www.returnofkings.com/26763/girls-with-short-hair-are-damaged

This belongs here, I think. Didn't want to start a new thread.

Life Is A Mystery x Death Is Not = Angels and Eyeliner going to Hell hand in hand...

Mooky's Resident Cardinal of Awesomeness

Don't make me take the shades off...

Annointed Queen of Mook - Founder and Editor

Date:

This sort of reminds me how just yesterday I was thinking about how in Dave Lynch's 1984 film, Dune, a whole bunch of actresses shaved their hair to play Bene Gesserit. Fantastic actresses like Sian Phillips and Francesca Annis. They did this for the veracity of the piece, because they felt it was vital to the character. But it was really, really brave of them. It was brave like acting a sex scene (if you feel it's entirely right for the role and not just pandering to the male gaze) is brave. In both cases, the actress is really putting herself out there for her art and is potentially going to be judged like hell. 'Dune' was filmed in a period when having short hair and having to grow back from bald could have a really negative effect on an actress's auditions and casting opportunities when lining up future works. It's a period we live in right now - I'm not sure how much has changed. I still see going bald as a massively brave thing for a woman to do, because judgment based on hair length is rife.

As for the article you linked to, Christ on a bike.

Hello from Mookychick's founder. www.mookychick.co.uk. @mookychick. Mookbook. Stuff. Writes things.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

The name of that website rings a bell, I might be wrong but isn't it the one that had an article on why girls with eating disorders are better to date? Among other fucked up articles?

I barely read any of that article because of obvious reasons, it's ridiculous. I saw Audrey Hepburn there though and er, is her pixie cut not one of the features that kinda defined her? And is she not considered one of history's most beautiful women? Also, any article that seriously uses the word "bangable" is automatically a crap article.

That was interesting to read, Magda - I've only watched bits of Dune (I love Lynch so I should get around to watching it properly sometime) but I agree that shaving your head is a brave thing to do, even braver for an actress, and braver still for an actress back then. Short hair is a wonderful thing, fuck any man who loses his respect for a woman based on her "bangability" and ability/desire to change her appearance in accordance with his tastes.

Harlan :-)

("they" pronouns please, mookyfolk)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Yeah, sorry, I knew the website was a bit of a screw-over but I thought it might be interesting to get some mook-thoughts on this crap rather than sit with it in my own head.

What you said, Magda, reminded me that the actress who plays Tris in Divergent has announced that she will be playing the character with her own (really short) hair and not the wig she wore in the first film. She cut her hair off for her role in The Fault In Our Stars and whilst the character of Tris gets a hair cut, it's not that dramatic. This, I think, is appropriate. It's an action role, so it makes sense to have the short hair. To be honest, the hair in the first film annoyed me, as her styles got less suitable for what she was doing as she went on, going from a bun when she lived the boring life to long loose hair when she was running around climbing up bridges and jumping off trains. I get that it was probably just the preference of the author (not read the book) or a symbol of her freedom or something but it's just not practical.

Woo, short hair in films.

Life Is A Mystery x Death Is Not = Angels and Eyeliner going to Hell hand in hand...

Mooky's Resident Cardinal of Awesomeness

Don't make me take the shades off...

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Returnofkings is on my same list as the Daily Mail in that I just will not give them the click count. Short hair is awesome.

Runic Mook of the North (mod)

Date:

I'm fairly sure I've seen that place linked to before as an example of a bad case of the dudebros. Seems more or less like the most stupid women's magazines I've had the misfortune to read, only for dudes. Men are from Mars, Women from Venus *yawn*

"So what you are saying is -I shouldn't play with fire" she said at last. "Of course you should" said One-Eye gently. "But don't be surprised if the fire play back." -Joanne Harris

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

When I worked at a spa salon half of us (the employees) had short hair and no one ever made a big deal about it. I even went through chopping off all of my dreads to having a blonde Josephine Baker hairstyle and now I have short platinum blonde messy hair which is my absolute favorite hairstyle. The entire time my coworkers have been extremely supportive.

Coffee, the finest organic suspension ever devised. ~Star Trek: Voyager

Regular Crew

Date:

I felt so liberated when I cut my hair short, I feel it actually gave me more confidence and therefore I became more sexy. It was all in the mindset. Interestingly, to those guys who say short hair isn't sexy, I bet when it comes down to the moment, when she's standing there in all her naked beauty, they wouldn't turn her away because her hair isn't long. (if they're lucky enough to get the chance)

Baby Mook

Date:

I think short hair cuts can be really lovely like http://hairstylezz.com/best-short-hair-cut/ , I don't mind them at all. (Well, there's ONE kind of short hair cut I don't like. It's this generic one every lady over 40 I work with seems to have. I don't get it. It's just short. Period. Maybe with a bit of poof at the top/back. It's like the hair has just given up). When I was in my late teens to early twenties I used to just cut my own hair and keep it short. It wasn't the prettiest look, granted, but I suspect it had more to do with my not so awesome skills and lack of interest in hair, ha ha!

-- Edited by stream26 on Tuesday 28th of March 2017 11:06:20 PM

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us