Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Le debate: Using spells/charms on people?

Honoured Mook

Date:
Le debate: Using spells/charms on people?

So, like it says in the title, do you think it is morally OK to cast spells/charms on people? If it's a healing spell or protection spell I think it is a good idea, but there seem to be a lot of love spells about. Is it right to manipulate someone's emotions and actions? Is it right to cast a spell on someone without their knowledge? If you cast a spell to make someone love you, would they really love you or would they just think they love you because you make them love you?

The reason I ask is because it's been 3 weeks since Soul talked to me and I've tried everything, but I don't want to cast any spells because then he won't have any control and he won't like me for me. So is it ever right to manipulate peoples' emotions, thoughts and actions? I'd like to hear the opinions of witches and non-witches, and any experiences you'd like to share :)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I read that spells should only ever be cast with the subject's permission, and I live by that 'rule'. However, instead of casting a spell to make someone love you, I recommend a spell to bring forth a love interest. This could mean Soul, or somebody completely different.
Whatever you choose, best of luck.

Life Support     So many pins I always prick my finger

The Alien in the North!

Honoured Mook

Date:

Thanks :) I couldn't imagine casting a spell on someone without their permission. Do spells that bring forth love attract just anyone? It'd be a bit awkward if someone you didn't like liked you...

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I've never tried one, but I imagine it would be someone who shared good chemistry with you, even if you had never met before.

Life Support     So many pins I always prick my finger

The Alien in the North!

Honoured Mook

Date:

Not a bad idea then :)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

You have to keep in mind that everything you do in wicca (sorry if you are not actually wiccan, I'm just guessing you are because spellwork is a big part of it) has the power to return to you with ten times as much force.

You are not supposed to ask for a specific person in love spells because this tampers with the person's free will and they may not be the person for you. I find it's better to ask for somebody and just have an idea of what they're like in your head- after all, you have to be a little bit specific about who you wish to attract into your life!

Edit: Forgot to mention the thing about Soul. If I were you I would not cast any sort of spells on him. This could be very bad for your karma. 

-- Edited by weetabexx on Friday 16th of March 2012 06:40:48 PM

"You're a tough cookie, but all cookies are crumbly sometimes, that however, makes them no less of a cookie, and they're just as good as any other cookie." ~Indiana Jones

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Healing spells ect I don't think would be a problem without permission, especially if a person isn't in a position to give permission (i.e. seriously ill). Love spells? Nope. Never cast any spell asking for anything specific. This goes as high as wanting someone to fall completely in love with you and as low as wanting a specific dress for a party. The universe knows better then you do.

General spells looking for 'a partner' or 'a dress' for example, are fine. They'll call the right things into your life, things you might not know you really want or need.

As for Soul... I wouldn't look to spell casting to fix this. Try a couple more things. Talk to him. If he still doesn't respond... think about why you even want him to. If he persistently ignores you, he can't be worth all the hassle.

I hope everything works out for you.
xxx

Life Is A Mystery x Death Is Not = Angels and Eyeliner going to Hell hand in hand...

Mooky's Resident Cardinal of Awesomeness

Don't make me take the shades off...

Honoured Mook

Date:

I'm not going to cast any spells on Soul, it just wouldn't feel right. If I were to cast a spell asking for something general I would inadvertently have a specific idea in mind so it wouldn't work. Thanks for the advice :)

Mookface (mod)

Date:

Like A+E said, cast for, not on :) Healing and protection work is about asking the universe/whoever you work with to look after someone in whichever way is most appropriate. If you want to cast spells around a relationship, cast a spell for you to grow enough to get over a person, or write down a list of what you want to attract in a relationship. Then just be open to whatever the universe brings you! Don't concentrate on one thing so much that you miss all of the other amazing opportunities that might come along.

Honoured Mook

Date:

Thankyou for all the great advice :) If it's so bad to cast spells on people then why is there so much information about it on the internet? I know you can't trust the internet sometimes but there's so many spells and it seems so popular.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Valkyrie Darkstone wrote:

If it's so bad to cast spells on people then why is there so much information about it on the internet? I know you can't trust the internet sometimes but there's so many spells and it seems so popular.

Because society is full of self-centered people who think they can have everything they want. You don't need internet or spells to find love, sweetie. Just be yourself and go for it!

-- Edited by Wyno on Sunday 18th of March 2012 02:26:42 AM

''Just when I discovered the meaning of life, they changed it.'' George Carlin

Honoured Mook

Date:

Thankyou :) I haven't done any complex spells yet - mostly spells I've read about on Mookychick and authentic Wiccan sites.

Honoured Mook

Date:

I go with all the other mooks on this! Never cast a love spell on someone specific... I know of someone who did this and then she couldn't get rid of the guy!

Also... be very careful what you wish for, especially with love spells. And if you are casting a spell to attract love, I would specify that you want a person to love and to love you... one of my friends did a spell to bring love into her life... and along came a furry friend who loved her very much :)

Honoured Mook

Date:

I'm glad the spells worked :) When I'm in a better place mind-wise and I'm better at controlling my thoughts I'd definitely like to try the kind of spells you're recommending.

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

A love spell is usually considered manipulative and dangerous if you target a certain person. But this is coming from someone who thinks it's okay to put curses on people occasionally. Also, bear in mind that you DO NOT need ingredients contrary to popular opinion. You could do spells on the astral plane.My question is what is the simplest way to get to the astral plane?  

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Honoured Mook

Date:

Hmm, I think I read about it in a book once (I really need to buy that book it's always useful!) There might be some threads about it here, but I think it takes time and practice, and you have to go into a trance. The book is The Encyclopedia of Paranormal Powers by Brian Haughton if you're interested, it's got information on a lot of things and the pictures are beautiful so it's worth a buy if you can't find it in your library.

Honoured Mook

Date:

I know this is an oldish thread that's recently been resurrected, but I'm going to stick in my tuppence worth.

I don't think it's ever okay to cast anything on people without their permission, or at least their knowledge, and for people who don't understand spells and that sort of stuff, even healing and protection is a bit of a grey area to me.

Let me take a recent example. My boyfriend had been having a lot of bad luck with his car, and I had a couple of problems with mine as well. I wanted to cast some sort of protection or luck spell on his car, so I mentioned it to him, basically asking him if it was okay, because it is HIS car. His first instinct was to laugh in my face, because he told me he doesn't believe in "pagan magic", although I noticed him thinking about it, I could see the cogs turning in his brain. Later on he got all curious and asked me what I could do, and like some others have asked, about curses and whatnot. I repeated the redes to him of harming none, and whatever you send out returns to you, but we never spoke any more about it. To cut a long story short, I didn't do a thing to him or his car. I decided to boost my own luck and protection, no-one's permission but mine, right? If he changes his mind I can always do one for him.

-- Edited by MeowMeowMeow on Thursday 18th of April 2013 05:50:33 PM

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Uh, I should probably shut up since it's been at least 7-8 years since I last cast a spell or anything like it.

But if this is for general pagan magic or something else that means you believe in something like karma or put morals over results, then I think it's not really a good idea to cast anything on others, especially others who don't believe in magic themselves.

If your dicipline of magic does not require you to believe in anything like karma, then it's up to your own judgment, if you think it would benefit the situation and the gains outweigh the risks. (I would totally go for it).

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I agree with Meow, and I think even casting healing or protection spells on someone without their permission is a no-go.

Otherwise, as has already been said, you should only cast spells around yourself, but it's okay to keep a specific person in mind, as long as you're not casting for them.

I'm not Wiccan, but I did read up a lot about it when I was younger, and one of the books I read said you should always add a little extra few words to the end of any spell to ensure it doesn't manifest if it does harm anyone, just in case you overlooked something.

Honoured Mook

Date:

This is kind of a good time for this thread to be resurrected, on Tumblr recently I've seen a growing number of witches (which I know isn't the same as Paganism but still relevant in this case) condoning curses. Some witches don't follow the Rede and a lot of witches who use curses are starting to challenge people who say it's wrong. I grabbed these quotes from the #curses tag on Tumblr:

"My personal belief is that curses should be to defend (or retaliate on behalf of) you and yours (or anyone in need, whatever). If someone hurt you, and the only way you can retaliate is by cursing, then freakin curse them!"

Actually it looks as if the majority of posts here are in favour of curses. The witches (includes Pagans and Wiccans too so it's clear that less people follow the Rede than I originally thought) who are defending their cursing are getting sick of people telling them it's bad.

The general consensus is that some people think curses are OK and cast them, others think curses are immoral and don't do them. It's interesting to see the amount of people who are talking about their curses when before I thought it was a huge taboo thing. I don't plan to do curses ever but it just goes to show how big witchcraft is, and how different everyone under the umberella is.

Honoured Mook

Date:

Ooh I missed your comment cowl, but that's my opinion in a nutshell ^.^

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us