Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: The opposite of putting in a complaint...

High Mookish Shaman

Date:
The opposite of putting in a complaint...

OK, this might be a bit of an odd question, but I want to make...whatever the opposite of a complaint is...about the Stagecoach driver on the bus that I was on earlier, and I don't know how to do it! 
Basically, the guy in front of the bus was driving like he had a death wish - I was stood at the front of the bus, because we were near my stop, and I could see pretty clearly. The driver had to stop suddenly, which made the lady behind me fall into my back when I was carrying a heavy rucksack of my groceries. It really, really hurt and I've spent my time since then trying to keep moving, as the chiropractor suggested, to avoid seizing up. It's taken some extra strength diclofenac to do that, but it seems to be easing off a little bit now. 
I fell forward and caught my balance by grabbing onto one of the poles (hurting my shoulder, too) and the lady behind went right over and landed on her back. She struggled a bit getting up, but seemed OK...but the people further back on the bus were all talking about getting the driver's number in case she wants to complain or whatever...but as I said, I saw what happened, and it wasn't the driver's fault at all. In fact, quite the opposite - if he'd not stopped as quickly as he did, we'd have hit the car in front and, for how far forward I fell just from him braking sharply, I could have gone through the windscreen, and the woman behind would have gone straight through it after me.
I realise that Stagecoach are probably insured for any passenger injuries, but the people on the bus sounded like they wanted the driver's blood...which is absolutely ridiculous because if they complain like that to the bus company, about an incident that they couldn't clearly see due to the fact that I was in the way, I'm pretty sure he could be disciplined for this at the very least. I mean yeah, the lady who fell over was probably in pain, and I know I am (and lots of it) but I'm feeling pretty fortunate. That could have been so much worse if he hadn't reacted as quickly as he did.
What I want to know is, how do I go about putting a good word in for this driver? I don't feel right about just forgetting about it, because he did the right thing and I doubt there's any way for him to prove that - it would be his word against hers - and that's not fair at all. 
xxx Eve

Honoured Mook

Date:

Erm, I guess that if you know how to send a complaint in, tell them your experience, with emphasis on the fact that this isn't actually a complaint, and why you're telling them this, and send that in just like you would a complaint? Then it would be seen/heard by the same people that would recieve any actual complaints. That's all I can think of, anyway. I hope your back and shoulder stop hurting soon :(

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Yeah, I've seen signs on several stagecoach buses about comments/complaints. But I don't remember what the sign said. Send an email?

Liv

My Tumblr :)

Lush Guru

Date:

Emailing or phoning head office is the best idea I think. We get them quite a lot, which is nice.
Try and be as specific as possible with your dates, times, routes etc so they can narrow down who it was and then just tell it like you told us.

Good for the driver for his quick evasive action too.

Honoured Mook

Date:

Call the bus company. On the buses here for stagecoach there's a sign behind the driver asking if you want to complain of even tell them your happy to call a number. It's a barnsley number but I dont remember.

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us