Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Random thought of the day

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
RE: Random thought of the day

And when the digital switchover comes to Tubbyland,how will they cope? Replacing the sets looks like a major operation,so will they have Freeview boxes strapped to their backs? Perhaps their aerials will be replaced by dishes so they can use Freesat instead. Come to think of it,I doubt they're born with those sets and aerials,so they must be added later,like the Borg. A new-born TT must be like a giant piglet or something.

What indeed powers them is another good question. Likely to be rechargeable batteries or clockwork,since once fitted they're good forever,almost. The former would mean a need to plug themselves into some generator in the Tubby house every day. The latter-well,obviously the aerials could also function as a charging crank-handle like in those clockwork radios. I'm inclined to favour this option,as a dual purpose device is efficient engineering. I can't see disposable batteries being used-wasteful and no evidence that one of the plants in Tubbyland grow D-cell batteries. Unless their metabolism takes the chemicals directly from their food to power the required reactions.

Hmmm,indeed,so many questions!

Dave.

New posters should read "So you joined Mooky" in the FAQ forum. Or Matt Bellamy on an armoured flying unicorn shall smite you. With lasers! \m/

Mooky's Resident Emperor!

Honoured Mook

Date:

Wow, a Tubby Topic!

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

My blog

My Tumblr 

My Twitter

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Incidentally,we don't assume that the Tubbies are sinister in any way. But. Consider how artificial their world is. What if it is,in fact,exactly that,and is merely part of a military base and the Tubbies are actually cyborg agents of indoctrination and oppression? Like the telescreens of Big Brother,the Tubbies could be the ever-watching police of a totalitarian state,with their TVs churning out state propaganda. Or even remotely-controlled cyborg soldiers flashing out messages to obey. Tubbyland is merely a testing facility to ensure all their systems work properly by ensuring basic tasks can be completed correctly. Once completed,they're re-programmed to perform their intended job. The purpose of the show? Mis-information to hide the real truth. Just like no-one believed Bert was Evil,until the real truth escaped online.

You read it here first. ;)

[p.s. Barney the Dinosaur is actually a stooge of the World Emperor. He's purple for a reason ; purple was the colour of the Roman Emperors. That "rawr means ILY in dinosaur" crap? Propaganda to gain followers amongst the young and impressionable for his devious employer...]

Dave.

New posters should read "So you joined Mooky" in the FAQ forum. Or Matt Bellamy on an armoured flying unicorn shall smite you. With lasers! \m/

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Dragging up an old thread here, but...

...when things are described as being inside out, back to front, or upside down, why are they never described as outside in, front to back, or downside up?

xxx Eve

Dame of Mooky (mod)

Date:

Why does coffee make your weee smell like sugar puffs?

(Member of The Facebook Sexist Group Eliminating Squad)

Runic Mook of the North (mod)

Date:

skgogosfan wrote:

Incidentally,we don't assume that the Tubbies are sinister in any way.

Actually, I took one glance at those things and ran the other way. Teletubbies are incredibly creepy and I've never watched a full episode. It's like everything is subtly *wrong* in Teletubby world and you just wait for something really nasty and awful to happen. Teletubbies conveys a very special blend of boredom and dreadful absurdity and if I had a child I'd keep it well away from Teletubbies in fear that watching them would induce some kind of brain damage.

"So what you are saying is -I shouldn't play with fire" she said at last. "Of course you should" said One-Eye gently. "But don't be surprised if the fire play back." -Joanne Harris

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Teletubbies are kind of weird,surreal and creepy,yes it's true. Which when I think about it,means the show is ideal material to obtain confessions in the dungeons of the Davereich. How many hours of Tubby can a grown man sit through before confessing,I wonder? Can't be many before he's screaming to make the hell stop and that he loves Big Brother. Hyuk hyuk hyuk. And less messy too...

Dave.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

lollyPOP wrote:

Why does coffee make your weee smell like sugar puffs?

I think this needs to be investigated furthur. Especially considering that sugar puffs look like vaginas...

This signature is definitely not a horcrux.

Dame of Mooky (mod)

Date:

^Oh snap.

(Member of The Facebook Sexist Group Eliminating Squad)

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

If life is like a box of chockolates Does it like last a lifetime? Does it mean that it starts out really sweet then as you grow older it gets more bitter then eventually moldy? And you`re left beeing fat and feeling really sick of it?

-- Edited by Ziggy_wolf on Thursday 24th of May 2012 03:55:18 PM

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Ziggy_wolf wrote:

If life is like a box of chockolates Does it like last a lifetime? Does it mean that it starts out really sweet then as you grow older it gets more bitter then eventually moldy? And you`re left beeing fat and feeling really sick of it?

-- Edited by Ziggy_wolf on Thursday 24th of May 2012 03:55:18 PM

I'm actually visualizing that in my head and it's a depressing one. )=

Coffee, the finest organic suspension ever devised. ~Star Trek: Voyager

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

If life is like a box of chocolates then everybody's a serial killer unless they're allergic to chocolate. Oh dear!

Dave.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^Cannibalistic as well, if I'm following your thinking. If I'm not, please don't laugh at me.

Life Is A Mystery x Death Is Not = Angels and Eyeliner going to Hell hand in hand...

Mooky's Resident Cardinal of Awesomeness

Don't make me take the shades off...

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Nope,you're spot on. I nearly said that too lol.

Dave.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Does anyone else ever have dreams which reference other dreams you've had? It happened to me last night and was fairly bizarre.

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

If you mean those moments when you remembe something from a dream... but you're dreaming at the time then: yes.

Life Is A Mystery x Death Is Not = Angels and Eyeliner going to Hell hand in hand...

Honoured Mook

Date:

Eveacus wrote:

Dragging up an old thread here, but...

...when things are described as being inside out, back to front, or upside down, why are they never described as outside in, front to back, or downside up?

xxx Eve

My great-aunt, who is very VERY Southern has never said upside-down in her life. Always bottom-side uppers. Which amuses the hell out of all the younger generations in the family.

Tumblrs 1 & 2

I am 100% scum.

Honoured Mook

Date:

My random thought: someone should create a blog about interesting things to do cheaply in the UK. It would be called "Skinteresting."

His lips were blue.
Well, I guess they were pink, but they looked blue and I couldn't help but notice how they matched his eyes.

Lush Guru

Date:

^^Start it!

Honoured Mook

Date:

Oh, I would if I had any expertise in that field. But I haven't even been to Britain before! Anyone with more knowledge of the subject than me is welcome to take my idea and run with it. :D

His lips were blue.
Well, I guess they were pink, but they looked blue and I couldn't help but notice how they matched his eyes.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

The bird singing and trilling away outside sounds just like R2D2!

Dave.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Why do they have to eject the warp core whenever there's a problem? Fusion reactors don't have dangerous meltdowns like those pissy fission ones, and when one does happen, it's meh, whatever.
Oh wait, the warp core runs on warp plasma. It's not the same as the fusion reactor. Now I feel stupid. Annika has a thing for guys with beaks.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

If you start your own religion,do you get to be God?

Dave.

Honoured Mook

Date:

^ I once had someone try to tell me that there could be no atheists because an "atheist" was his/her own god. That nonsense aside, I think it would depend on the nature of the religion you created... Most folks who started religions ended up as prophets, probably because people don't (normally) buy the whole "I AM A GOD - WORSHIP ME" spiel. It's a lot easier to fall for an intangible god, because you can't demand miracles on threat of death of a deity you can't physically sense.

My random thought: is the .22 really of any use at this point?

His lips were blue.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^The Pharoahs and some Roman Emperors managed to get away with it though...but it would be hard today because people would just say "Oh yeah? Prove it!"

Another random thought:

The Texas Chain Saw Massacre + The Sound of Music = The Austrian Chain Saw Massacre..."The hills are alive...with the sound of screaming!"

Dave.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

This is such an awesome thread, especially the mulling over the box of chocolates thing!!

My contribution - why in the actual hell have all my cats had weird obsessions with pineapples? And come to think of it, half my fucking boyfriends too?? Have pineapples begun emitting some kind of plant pheremone that attracts cats and idiots??

Just your friendly neighbourhood dork of epic proportions

Vegetarbles food blog

Assorted shite blog

Resident Lord of Tiny Stretches - Sir Chris the Lubey

Proud favouritest person of Indigo

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Spry Lady Murk wrote:

My random thought: someone should create a blog about interesting things to do cheaply in the UK. It would be called "Skinteresting."

Sorry for such a late reply but I don't go to this thread often. This is a brilliant idea, but maybe not just for the UK? I'd make it a blog about any and all fun things to do on a tight budget. Or there should one such blog for every country? We actually have a FB page here called 'What's for free in Prague' so it'd be something similar! :D

Pony Frenzy

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

If I ever get the money, I am going to direct a rather crappy but funny horror movie, about cows, called "Bad Milk".

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

All over the shadier corners of the internet,so many conspiracy theorists are gonna be gnashing their teeth and wailing and getting drunk! Why? Because *nothing* interesting happened at the closing ceremony. And they were SO sure! Hahaha!

Dave.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

But surely the lack of anything interesting means that it's all a really elabourate cover-up?

«First  <  1 2 3 4 5 614  >  Last»  | Page of 14  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us